- Purdue program flags nearly 100 student behavior reports Updated: Jul-31-15 3:02 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University has received nearly 100 reports under a program launched last summer that's aimed at flagging potentially harmful or strange student behavior, according to the school's Office of the Dean of Students.
- Purdue Extension to host industrial hemp production workshop Updated: Jul-31-15 3:43 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Indiana farmers interested in industrial hemp's economic potential can learn about the best production practices for that still-illegal crop at an upcoming Purdue Extension event.
- Daniels named to national budget advisory group Updated: Jul-30-15 3:49 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University President Mitch Daniels has been appointed one of three leaders of the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.
- Lafayette state trooper honored for lifesaving efforts Updated: Jul-28-15 11:08 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A 10-year veteran of the Indiana State Police has been recognized nationally for his actions saving three people from a burning home.
- Pressure cooker prompts Lafayette parking garage evacuation Updated: Jul-27-15 12:16 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A sheriff says a suspicious package at a Lafayette parking garage that prompted the evacuation of nearby buildings turning out to be a pressure cooker full of pork.
- Lafayette police: Woman rented gun, fatally shot herself Updated: Jul-26-15 1:41 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Lafayette police say a woman rented a gun at a Lafayette shooting range and then fatally shot herself in the head.
- Police: 5 dead in chain-reaction crash on Indiana interstate Updated: Jul-24-15 3:11 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A woman and her two young sons were among five people killed in a fiery chain-reaction crash after a semitrailer hauling a tanker filled with cooking oil slammed into vehicles slowed near a northwestern Indiana construction zone, state police said Friday.
- Police say woman, 2 young sons among 5 killed in I-65 crash Updated: Jul-24-15 2:59 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Indiana State Police say a woman and her two young sons were among five people killed in a chain-reaction crash caused by a semitrailer on Interstate 65 near Lafayette.
- Man pleads guilty to arson in attempt to burn in-laws' house Updated: Jul-23-15 8:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A central Indiana man has pleaded guilty to arson after authorities say he tried to set his in-laws' house on fire and told officers he was kicked out of the home for cheating on his wife.
- Purdue, YWCA to host mother-daughter engineering program Updated: Jul-23-15 6:28 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Mothers and daughters can take part in a free engineering program next month.
- Ex-Purdue student ordered to leave US for choking attack Updated: Jul-23-15 5:35 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A former Purdue University student has been ordered to return to China as part of his sentence for choking a fellow student in a random attack.
- Explosion levels home in Benton County Updated: Jul-22-15 8:42 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Authorities say that an explosion leveled a Benton County home may have been touched off by a gas leak.
- Indiana state investigator looking into fungicide incident Updated: Jul-22-15 7:06 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The Office of the Indiana State Chemist is investigating after a pesticide dropped from a crop duster hit more than two dozen agricultural workers last week in Williamsport.
- Crop report: More heavy rains leave Indiana crops drenched Updated: Jul-22-15 8:35 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The federal government says Indiana's crops continued to suffer last week as heavy rains fell once again on waterlogged fields.
- Powerlifting drives Special Olympics athlete Updated: Jul-22-15 5:04 am
OXFORD, Indiana - Amanda Cayton shoulders the barbell off the rack, shuffles back a couple of steps and eases back into her squat.
- Purdue player Jacquil Taylor gets season back under hardship Updated: Jul-21-15 4:33 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The Big Ten has granted Purdue forward Jacquil Taylor a medical hardship waiver, restoring his freshman season of eligibility.
- Weather service says 2 tornadoes struck near Lafayette Updated: Jul-18-15 3:19 pm
CLARKS HILL, Indiana - The National Weather Service says two tornadoes caused some building damage near Lafayette as a wave of storms with strong winds and heavy rain moved across much of Indiana.
- Pullman car bound for trips between Fort Wayne, Lafayette Updated: Jul-17-15 4:04 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A rare, refurbished luxury Pullman rail car is set to depart Fort Wayne this weekend, offering passengers an idea of what it was like to travel first class more than seven decades ago.
- Purdue sees record-breaking year for donations, funding Updated: Jul-17-15 3:07 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University officials are set to announce record-breaking levels of annual giving and research funding at a Board of Trustees meeting on Friday.
- Purdue experts say crop prospects continue fading with rain Updated: Jul-17-15 10:53 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The prospects for Indiana's flood-ravaged grain crops recovering are becoming increasingly slim with more rain forecast over the next two weeks, according to Purdue Extension experts.
- Crop duster sprays corn detasslers in western Indiana field Updated: Jul-17-15 7:58 am
WILLIAMSPORT, Indiana - A seed production company says about two dozen of its corn detasselers were sprayed with fungicide from a crop duster working on a neighboring western Indiana field.
- Purdue program offers veterans chance at farming career Updated: Jul-17-15 6:15 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Active-duty military members and veterans who are interested in agricultural careers will get a chance to explore a farm with Purdue University.
- Purdue scientist gets $1.5 million grant for study habits Updated: Jul-16-15 4:04 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A Purdue University cognitive scientist has been awarded a $1.5 million grant to develop a new computer tool to help fourth- and fifth-graders improve study habits.
- 2 tornadoes confirmed after strong Indiana storms Updated: Jul-15-15 7:10 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The National Weather Service confirms that two tornadoes touched down in west-central Indiana when strong storms moved through the state late Monday and early Tuesday.
- Open house set at army center named for Indiana veteran Updated: Jul-15-15 6:38 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An open house is planned this weekend at a new army reserve training facility that was named for a Brookstone native who died in Iraq.