- Caterpillar closing 5 more plants amid low demand Updated: Apr-28-16 6:49 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Caterpillar Inc. says it will close five more factories - including an Oxford, Mississippi, plant - as the Peoria, Illinois-based heavy equipment maker reacts to slowing demand for construction and mining equipment worldwide by cutting capacity.
- Some Indiana Sanders backers unsure of voting for Clinton Updated: Apr-27-16 4:40 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Some Indiana supporters of Vermont senator Bernie Sanders aren't certain they would support Hillary Clinton if she defeats him for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Purdue faculty say cuts will hurt areas with most diversity Updated: Apr-24-16 1:19 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Some Purdue University faculty say a plan to overhaul graduate education negatively affects disciplines with the most minority and female graduate students.
- Purdue specialists say Indiana cold snap didn't damage crops Updated: Apr-22-16 10:29 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue agricultural experts say Indiana's winter wheat, forage and fruit crops appear to have survived cold weather earlier in April.
- Purdue University freeze tuition for 5th consecutive year Updated: Apr-21-16 2:43 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University has decided to freeze tuition for the fifth consecutive year.
- Ex-Secretary of State George Shultz to lecture at Purdue Updated: Apr-18-16 11:07 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Former Secretary of State George Shultz is making a visit to Purdue University for a lecture where he'll discuss a wide range of topics before a campus audience.
- Rolls-Royce, Purdue partner on $33M jet engine design plan Updated: Apr-18-16 9:52 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Rolls-Royce and Purdue University are forming a $33 million jet-engine research and development program to create next-generation aircraft propulsion systems.
- Winners announced in 2015 Indiana APME newspaper contest Updated: Apr-15-16 9:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Star has won the top reporting award and Thomas J. Russo got top honors for photography in the annual Indiana Associated Press Media Editors contest.
- Purdue-based company to save starving alpacas in Peru Updated: Apr-15-16 5:05 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Although they're just seen as a silly-looking animal that resembles a llama to some, alpacas are vital to many Peruvians whose livelihoods depend on selling the animal's precious fur.
- State confirms at least 65 mumps cases across Indiana Updated: Apr-08-16 12:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana health officials are telling Hoosiers to check their vaccination records amid an outbreak of mumps that has sickened at least 65 people across the state.
- Purdue hires Chicago-based firm for athletic director search Updated: Apr-07-16 2:10 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University has hired a Chicago-based firm to help the school look for its next athletic director, according to school officials.
- Purdue health officials investigate 5 possible mumps cases Updated: Apr-06-16 10:48 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University says it's investigating five confirmed or probable cases of mumps on its West Lafayette campus.
- Purdue workshop aims to help veterans interested in farming Updated: Apr-06-16 7:05 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A Purdue University program that introduces people to agriculture is hosting a workshop just for veterans and active service members considering a life in farming.
- Purdue's Edwards declares for NBA draft without agent Updated: Apr-05-16 3:35 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue sophomore Vince Edwards will enter the NBA draft but will not hire an agent.
- Purdue expert: April cold may damage Indiana's grape crop Updated: Apr-05-16 7:18 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A Purdue University horticulturist says Indiana's recent sub-freezing temperatures may have damaged grape vines lured into budding early by March's unseasonable warmth.
- Pipe bomb found in Lafayette apartment, evacuation ordered Updated: Apr-05-16 7:09 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Lafayette police say an evacuation was ordered after officers found a pipe bomb in an apartment.
- Purdue's Kendall Stephens plans to explore transferring Updated: Mar-31-16 6:22 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue junior Kendall Stephens will consider transferring to another school next season.