- 2 workers injured in fall at Wilmington high school Updated: Jul-02-15 7:19 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Two school maintenance workers have been hurt after they fell from scaffolding at New Hanover High School in Wilmington.
- Red algae a concern in some areas on NC coast Updated: Jun-30-15 9:53 am
FORT FISHER, North Carolina - Red algae are becoming more of a problem along some parts of the North Carolina coast.
- Expert says more sea turtles could mean more, larger sharks Updated: Jun-26-15 6:49 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A shark attack expert says bigger sharks could be patrolling closer to North Carolina shores because of the influx of sea turtles during the 2015 nesting season.
- NCDOT to close lanes on Cape Fear bridge in Wilmington Updated: Jun-26-15 4:05 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The N.C. Department of Transportation is scheduling repairs for the metal deck of the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge beginning next week.
- Heat advisory issued for counties in the Carolinas Updated: Jun-14-15 4:31 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service is issuing a heat advisory for counties up and down the Carolinas coast.
- Man charged in 2 killings removed from courtroom Updated: Jun-11-15 5:14 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Duplin county man charged in two killings was removed from a New Hanover County courtroom after making several outbursts.
- Wilmington police: complaints, internal investigations down Updated: Jun-10-15 8:58 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - There were fewer citizen complaints to the Wilmington Police Department and fewer internal department investigations last year, compared with the previous year.