- Upshaw leads Hofstra past Wilmington 78-70 Updated: Mar-07-14 10:20 pm
- 4,700 gallons of sewage overflows in Wilmington Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 am
- Carolina Beach council opposes seismic testing Updated: Mar-01-14 2:28 pm
- NC candidates for federal races, appellate courts Updated: Feb-28-14 3:17 pm
- Cannonball found in wall in Wilmington Updated: Feb-25-14 7:43 am
- Wilmington group to honor historic black homes Updated: Feb-25-14 4:04 am
- NC-Wilmington trips Charleston 57-55 in 2OT Updated: Feb-22-14 9:41 pm
- Battleship North Carolina getting state help Updated: Feb-21-14 8:31 am
- NC apartment complex to check dog poop for DNA Updated: Feb-19-14 8:44 am
- Cantor raises money for Rouzer in NC Congress race Updated: Feb-18-14 9:28 am
- William & Mary rolls past NC-Wilmington 93-70 Updated: Feb-17-14 9:06 pm
- James Madison edges UNCW 64-62 on Curry's basket Updated: Feb-15-14 3:05 pm
- Attorney: Man charged in storm deaths is heartsick Updated: Feb-15-14 11:43 am
- UNC-Wilmington gets by Northeastern 55-45 Updated: Feb-13-14 9:30 pm
- Cavs start No. 1, but focused on where they finish Updated: Feb-13-14 3:25 pm
- Family of late Wilmington 10 members seek NC money Updated: Feb-13-14 1:38 pm
- UNC-Wilmington upsets Towson 66-53 Updated: Feb-10-14 9:09 pm
- Hofstra completes sweep of UNC-Wilmington, 61-52 Updated: Feb-08-14 9:26 pm
- NC teen held on $1 million bail on murder charge Updated: Feb-08-14 11:19 am
- Teen charged in Wilmington shooting death Updated: Feb-07-14 7:50 am
BALTIMORE - Zeke Upshaw had 23 points and four 3-pointers to lead eighth-seeded Hofstra over ninth-seeded NC-Wilmington 78-70 in the opening round of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament on Friday night.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A crack in a sewage pipe in Wilmington has resulted in about 1,000 gallons of wastewater reaching a ditch leading into a nearby creek.
CAROLINA BEACH, North Carolina - The Carolina Beach Town Council is saying no to seismic testing for oil and gas off the North Carolina coast.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The list of candidates who filed Feb. 10-28 with the North Carolina State Board of Elections for selected statewide and federal offices, with name as to be listed on ballot, hometown or address provided and party (when applicable). For General Assembly, Superior Court judge, District Court judge and district attorney candidates, go to http://www.ncsbe.gov
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A bomb squad has removed a cannonball found in a wall at a building in Wilmington.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The Historic Wilmington Foundation is scheduled to present plaques to a pair of homes tied to the local black community.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Ben Eblen's 3-pointer with 40 seconds left in the second overtime and Dylan Sherwood's free throws with a second left gave North Carolina-Wilmington a 57-55 win over College of Charleston on Saturday.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The battleship North Carolina is getting a half million dollars from the state to repair its hull.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Wilmington apartment complex will soon be running DNA tests on dog poop to identify owners who don't clean up after their pooches do their business.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has injected himself into the May Republican primary for an eastern North Carolina congressional district.
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia - Brandon Britt scored 22 points to lead hot-shooting William & Mary to a 93-70 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Monday.
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Ron Curry's layup with 27 seconds left lifted James Madison to a 64-62 victory over UNC Wilmington on Saturday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An attorney says the man charged in the deaths of two Good Samaritans on a snow-covered Interstate 40 is heartsick about what's happened.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia's baseball team is one of the top-ranked squads in the preseason, and if the season starts as scheduled Friday, coach Brian O'Connor wants to be sure his team is challenged from the outset.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The families of late members of the wrongly convicted group known as the Wilmington 10 say they should be treated like the surviving members and receive payments from North Carolina.
HEMPSTEAD, New York - Jordan Allen scored six points in the final three minutes, including 4 of 5 from the free throw line, as Hofstra held off North Carolina-Wilmington, 61-52 to sweep the season series Saturday night.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A 16-year-old is being held under $1 million bond in the shooting death of a Wilmington teenager.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Wilmington police say a 16-year-old girl has been arrested in the shooting death of another teen last month.