- 32-year-old man sentenced for shooting teen in back 5 times Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A 32-year-old Wilmington man has been sentenced to between 20 and 26 years in prison for shooting a teenager in the back five times, leaving him a quadriplegic.
- Shopping 'Under the Dome' as TV show prepares to move Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Everything must go, including some kitchen sinks.
- Petition questions UNC Wilmington's commitment to diversity Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - An online petition is questioning the University of North Carolina Wilmington's commitment to diversity.
- Residents on NC island to consider borrowing for broadband Updated: Aug-21-15 8:04 am
BALD HEAD ISLAND, North Carolina - Residents on Bald Head Island south of Wilmington will decide this fall whether the village should borrow $10 million to build its own broadband network.
- Police investigate after Wilmington man shot, crashes car Updated: Aug-19-15 9:22 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Police say a Wilmington man who survived an earlier drive-by shooting is dead after he was shot and crashed his car.
- Officials identify man killed in Wilmington Updated: Aug-17-15 7:25 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Authorities have released the name of a man who was shot to death in Wilmington.
- Chapel Hill scouts near end of 3,900-mile cancer bike trek Updated: Aug-15-15 6:13 am
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, North Carolina - Seven high school students from Chapel Hill are nearing the finish of their coast-to-coast bicycle trek to draw attention to the deadly threat that teens face from cancer.
- Man gets life for slaying Wilmington delivery driver Updated: Aug-13-15 9:14 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A New Hanover County jury has convicted a 23-year-old man of first-degree murder and other charges in the shooting death of a delivery driver in Wilmington more than three years ago.
- Court denies money for family of late Wilmington 10 members Updated: Aug-04-15 2:54 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina court ruled Tuesday that the relatives of four of the 10 people wrongfully convicted in a notorious 1970s firebombing case aren't entitled to state compensation.
- Wilmington ponders relocating trains through heart of city Updated: Aug-04-15 8:55 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The Wilmington city planner has unveiled a proposal to relocate railroad lines snaking through the city and then use the existing tracks used for a trolley service.
- Injured man pulled from water after boat strikes NC bridge Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Personnel from the U.S. Coast Guard have rescued a man from Bogue Sound after his boat struck the high-rise bridge between Morehead City and Atlantic Beach.
- High rip current risk in northeastern SC, Southeastern NC Updated: Aug-03-15 11:25 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service is warning of rip currents in northeastern South Carolina into southeastern North Carolina.