- Germany launches probe into unsolved killings Updated: Dec-04-13 12:11 pm
- German far-right politician convicted over CDs Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 am
- Germany indicts alleged Syrian agent Updated: Dec-04-13 3:32 am
- Movie plans for bestselling Hitler satire Updated: Dec-03-13 7:31 am
- Survivors recall Kindertransport flight from Nazis Updated: Dec-02-13 5:26 am
- Berlin startup factory targets peer lending market Updated: Dec-01-13 5:49 am
- Correction: Germany-Amazon story Updated: Nov-29-13 8:17 am
- Merkel, center-left reach deal on new German gov't Updated: Nov-27-13 12:28 pm
- German minister urges US to restore trust Updated: Nov-25-13 1:23 pm
- Wiesenthal Center expands hunt for Nazi suspects Updated: Nov-25-13 8:43 am
- Samaras says Greece won't seek new loan Updated: Nov-22-13 11:35 am
- Berlin to crack down on vacation apartment rentals Updated: Nov-21-13 2:38 pm
- Cliff May: The Foreign Policy Establishment Strikes... Updated: Nov-20-13 1:49 pm
- Berlin man confesses art forgery, commits suicide Updated: Nov-20-13 10:49 am
- Indiana man captures 1963 Kennedy visit on film Updated: Nov-18-13 9:58 am
- JFK death news sent 'wave of grief' around world Updated: Nov-17-13 2:11 pm
- US envoy: NSA spying causing distress in Germany Updated: Nov-15-13 12:46 pm
- Germans commemorate 1938's 'night of broken glass' Updated: Nov-09-13 8:58 am
- Germany asks Britain to respond to spy report Updated: Nov-05-13 11:11 am
- Wes Anderson movie to open Berlin film festival Updated: Nov-05-13 7:40 am
BERLIN - Hundreds of unsolved killings and attempted killings in Germany over the past two decades may have been committed by far-right extremists, officials said Wednesday.
BERLIN - A German court has given a senior member of the country's main far-right party a suspended eight-month prison sentence for selling CDs whose content glorified Nazism and incited violence.
BERLIN - German prosecutors have filed espionage charges against a man accused of spying on exiled dissidents for Syrian intelligence.
BERLIN - A bestselling German satirical novel about Adolf Hitler's reappearance 66 years after the end of World War II is to be turned into a movie.
LONDON - The operation was called Kindertransport - Children's Transport - and it was a passage from hell to freedom.
BERLIN - Serial startup firm Rocket Internet is targeting the growing market for peer-to-peer lending with the launch of a new site in Germany.
BERLIN - In a story Nov. 25 about a strike against Amazon.com in Germany, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the union ver.di represents about 2,000 Amazon employees in Leipzig and 3,300 in Bad Hersfeld.
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives agreed Wednesday to form a new government with their traditional center-left rivals, a coalition that will shift Germany leftward but likely mean little change in Berlin's approach to Europe's debt crisis.
BERLIN - Members of the U.S. Congress met German officials and lawmakers in Berlin Monday in an effort to relieve tensions over allegations of massive National Security Agency surveillance.
MUNICH - The Simon Wiesenthal Center is expanding its poster and reward campaign in Germany in its push to track down Nazi war criminals before it is too late, following a strong response to its initial launch.
BERLIN - Greece won't ask for a new loan or seek to change the aid program agreed with international lenders, the country's prime minister said Friday.
BERLIN - Authorities in Berlin are planning to crack down on private vacation apartment rentals, citing a shortage of affordable housing in the German capital.
"Any agreement that does not recognize the rights of the Iranian people and does not respect these rights, has no chance," Mohammad Javad Zarif said last week.
BERLIN - German police say a Berlin gallery owner has committed suicide days after confessing to forging and selling paintings by French-German artist Lou Albert-Lasard.
MERRILLVILLE, Indiana - During the peak of the Cold War, Robert Deliget, of Merrillville, was stationed in Hanau, Germany, when he learned President John F. Kennedy would be visiting the base.
RUNNYMEDE, England - There is a quiet and somber feel to this small piece of America on an English hillside, near where the Magna Carta was sealed eight centuries ago.
BERLIN - The United States faces a difficult task in repairing its image among Germans after allegations of massive National Security Agency surveillance, including Chancellor Angela Merkel's personal cellphone, the U.S. ambassador to Germany acknowledged Friday.
BERLIN - Germans across the country on Saturday commemorated the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht - the night of broken glass - during which the Nazis staged a wave of attacks on Jews in Germany and Austria.
BERLIN - Germany's Foreign Ministry asked Britain to respond Tuesday to a report that the British embassy in Berlin is being used as a covert listening post.
BERLIN - Wes Anderson's new movie, "The Grand Budapest Hotel," is to open the 2014 Berlin Film Festival.