- HKO-WHL-Stdgs Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 pm
- Edmonton Eskimos win Grey Cup, beating Ottawa 26-20 Updated: Nov-29-15 11:33 pm
- Aksel Lund Svindal wins super-G for Lake Louise sweep Updated: Nov-29-15 5:54 pm
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Norway's Aksel Lund Svindal won the super-G on Sunday to sweep the two opening World Cup races.
- Ward, Marleau help lead Sharks past Flames 5-2 Updated: Nov-29-15 1:44 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks needed to start winning at home and they needed help from their special teams. They got both.
- Hendricks, Eberle lift Oilers in shootout over Pens 3-2 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:22 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Edmonton Oilers gained some much-needed momentum on a difficult trip and a rare win in Pittsburgh.
- Norway's Aksel Lund Sinvdal wins Lake Louise downhill Updated: Nov-28-15 7:29 pm
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Aksel Lund Svindal made a triumphant return to World Cup downhill in a place that has been good to him, winning the first race of the season Saturday.
- Tippett gets the title belt after 500th career win Updated: Nov-28-15 12:49 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Dave Tippett walked out of his postgame news conference to a hallway inside Gila River Arena, where a security guard tried to hand him the gaudy championship belt.
- Ekman-Larsson's OT goal lifts Coyotes to 2-1 win over Flames Updated: Nov-28-15 12:42 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes grinded their way through the tough stretches, relied on great goaltending and won it on a big goal at the end.
- Kronwall scores OT winner to lift Red Wings over Oilers 4-3 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:43 pm
DETROIT - Niklas Kronwall had a chaotic shift in overtime but it will be a play in the first few minutes of the game that his teammates will remember.
- Pair of former Flathead High QBs at top of game Updated: Nov-27-15 1:19 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Two former Flathead High School quarterbacks from Kalispell are playing key professional games this weekend.
- Redblacks QB Henry Burris CFL's most outstanding player Updated: Nov-26-15 10:34 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Ottawa Redblacks quarterback Henry Burris was honored Thursday night as the Canadian Football League's most outstanding player.
- Oilers' Yakupov out 2-4 weeks with sprained left ankle Updated: Nov-26-15 5:58 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Edmonton forward Nail Yakupov is expected to miss two to four weeks after spraining his left ankle in the Oilers' 4-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday night.
- Lindholm scores go-ahead goal, Hurricanes beat Oilers 4-1 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Carolina Hurricanes made their own luck Wednesday night and got plenty in return.
- Ducks' top line roars past Flames 5-3, keeping streak alive Updated: Nov-25-15 1:43 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks haven't lost at home to Calgary in nearly 12 years, and their top line kept the streak alive with a phenomenal finish.
- Orlov, Holtby lead Capitals to 1-0 victory over Oilers Updated: Nov-24-15 12:22 am
WASHINGTON - Dmitry Orlov scored the only goal but the Washington Capitals credited Braden Holtby with their victory Monday night.
- Reilly, Eskimos hold off Stampeders to advance to Grey Cup Updated: Nov-22-15 10:16 pm
- Redblacks beat Tiger-Cats 35-28 to advance to Grey Cup Updated: Nov-22-15 8:13 pm
- Bowe breaks women's 1,000 record in World Cup event Updated: Nov-22-15 6:46 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - American Brittany Bowe broke the world record in the women's 1,000 meters Sunday in the World Cup speedskating event at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- Brittany Bowe sets speedskating world record in 1,000 meters Updated: Nov-22-15 3:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Brittany Bowe set a world record Sunday in the women's 1,000-meter race at the ISU World Cup Speed Skating event at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- Gaudreau scores in OT to lift Flames over Blackhawks 2-1 Updated: Nov-21-15 2:03 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Two days after the NHL announced its All-Star game is going to a 3-on-3 format, Johnny Gaudreau made his case to represent Calgary.
- Draisaitl, Hall lift Oilers over Devils 5-1 Updated: Nov-21-15 12:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Leon Draisaitl is making life without injured young star Connor McDavid a little easier for the Edmonton Oilers.
- Hossa scores in OT to lift Blackhawks over Oilers 4-3 Updated: Nov-19-15 1:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Patrick Kane and Artemi Panarin kept up their points onslaught, and the Chicago Blackhawks kept on rolling.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 6:24 pm
Great Falls Tribune, Nov. 13, on the Keystone XL Pipeline:
- Jones scores 7th of season to lead Flames past Devils 3-2 Updated: Nov-18-15 1:26 am
CALGARY, Alberta - When David Jones broke into the NHL eight seasons ago, he didn't think about eventually scoring his 100th goal.
- Kane has goal, assist as Blackhawks beat Flames 4-1 Updated: Nov-16-15 12:43 am
CHICAGO - There's just no stopping Patrick Kane these days.