- Hoefl-Riesch wins Lake Louise downhill; Vonn 40th Updated: Dec-06-13 6:45 pm
- Lindsey Vonn races 10 months after tearing knee Updated: Dec-06-13 6:28 pm
- Taylor Hall's hat trick leads Oilers over Avs 8-2 Updated: Dec-06-13 2:03 am
- Hoefl-Riesch fastest in downhill training Thursday Updated: Dec-05-13 5:42 pm
- Lindsey Vonn says she will race at Lake Louise Updated: Dec-05-13 5:31 pm
- Giordano scores in return, Flames beat Coyotes 4-1 Updated: Dec-05-13 2:59 am
- Ribeiro, Boedker lead Coyotes over Oilers 6-2 Updated: Dec-04-13 1:47 am
- US Ski Team: Vonn cleared for downhill training Updated: Dec-03-13 10:28 pm
- Rogers buys naming rights to Oilers' future home Updated: Dec-03-13 4:50 pm
- Oilers' Dubnyk earns SO win over Stars in relief Updated: Dec-01-13 10:50 pm
- Flames get late goal for 2-1 win over Kings Updated: Dec-01-13 2:00 am
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Coyotes 5-2 Updated: Dec-01-13 12:11 am
- Holcomb gives US win in 4-man bobsled opener Updated: Nov-30-13 9:34 pm
- Johansen leads Blue Jackets to 4-2 win over Oilers Updated: Nov-30-13 12:03 am
- Holcomb-Langton win World Cup 2-man bobsled opener Updated: Nov-29-13 11:32 pm
- Pikus-Pace DQ'ed from win in World Cup opener Updated: Nov-29-13 8:55 pm
- Ducks beat Flames at home for 18th straight time Updated: Nov-29-13 8:29 pm
- Norway's Svindal fastest in downhill training Updated: Nov-29-13 4:46 pm
- Dickenson signs extension with Stampeders Updated: Nov-29-13 10:23 am
- Bryzgalov shuts out Predators as Oilers win 3-0 Updated: Nov-28-13 11:50 pm
- Flames rookie sensation Monahan out with injury Updated: Nov-28-13 7:08 pm
- Kane gives Blackhawks 3-2 win over Flames Updated: Nov-28-13 2:51 am
- Shaw scores twice in Blackhawks' win over Oilers Updated: Nov-26-13 1:44 am
- Monahan lifts Flames past Panthers in shootout Updated: Nov-23-13 2:04 am
- Eberle scores 2, leads Oilers to 3rd straight win Updated: Nov-22-13 1:30 am
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany won a World Cup downhill by more than a half-second on Friday, while Olympic champion Lindsey Vonn finished 40th out of 60 starters in her first race for 10 months.
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Thrilled as she was to be racing again, Lindsey Vonn began Friday hoping for a victory, no matter how unrealistic that might have been 10 months after major knee surgery and less than three weeks after partially re-tearing a ligament.
EDMONTON, Alberta - It would be difficult to find a team much harder to figure out than the Edmonton Oilers.
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany was fastest in a World Cup downhill training run Thursday, a session Olympic champion Lindsey Vonn skipped ahead of Friday's race.
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - With her eyes wide and a big smile, Lindsey Vonn declared herself ready to race for the first time in 10 months.
CALGARY, Alberta - Mark Giordano returned from a broken ankle Wednesday night and the Calgary Flames got right back to winning.
EDMONTON, Alberta - It never hurts starting a road trip against the league's worst home team.
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Lindsey Vonn was cleared to get back on a World Cup course for downhill training, the latest step as she works to return from a right knee injury and get ready for the Sochi Olympics.
EDMONTON, Alberta - Rogers Communications has bought the naming rights to the future home of the Edmonton Oilers, expanding its already wide reach in Canadian professional sports.
DALLAS - The Edmonton Oilers made the most of limited offense and both parts of their goalie tandem.
LOS ANGELES - Michael Cammalleri has done his best to keep his Calgary Flames teammates going in the right direction despite a youthful roster and a host of injuries.
GLENDALE, Arizona - A dominating two-week road trip for the Chicago Blackhawks gave warning to the rest of the NHL: It's going to be difficult to dethrone the defending Stanley Cup champions.
CALGARY, Alberta - Steven Holcomb piloted USA-1 to a win in the opening World Cup four-man bobsled race of the season on Saturday, a perfect start to the Olympic season for the driver who guided the Americans to a gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - With a fierce forecheck and an efficient power play, the Columbus Blue Jackets made up for a blowout in Edmonton last week.
CALGARY, Alberta - Steven Holcomb and Steve Langton of the United States not only went into Canada and prevailed, but they set a track record in the process.
Noelle Pikus-Pace was all smiles after winning the season's first World Cup skeleton race.
ANAHEIM, California - It's been almost a decade since the Anaheim Ducks lost at home to Calgary. Dustin Penner and his teammates were happy to extend the streak.
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway was fastest in the final training run for a World Cup downhill at Lake Louise.
CALGARY, Alberta - Dave Dickenson has signed a three-year contract to continue serving as the Calgary Stampeders' offensive coordinator and adding the title of assistant head coach.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ilya Bryzgalov is feeling comfortable and very welcome in the Edmonton Oilers' locker room, and the 33-year-old goaltender just proved he still knows how to shut opponents down.
CALGARY, Alberta - Flames rookie forward Sean Monahan will miss at least the next two games with a hairline fracture in his foot and defenseman Dennis Wideman is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks with a broken hand.
CALGARY, Alberta - When you're on a roll, sometimes good things happen. Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that Wednesday night.
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Chicago Blackhawks' longest road trip of the season hasn't slowed them down a bit.
CALGARY, Alberta - For the second time in five days, Sean Monahan got the decisive goal in a shootout to give the Calgary Flames a win.
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers dug themselves a big early season hole. Now they are showing signs of getting out of it.