- Burke: Michael Sam signing with CFL historic moment Updated: May-26-15 7:25 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Brian Burke believes the Montreal Alouettes signing of Michael Sam is a tipping point in professional sports.
- Olympic speedskater Morrison eyes return after accident Updated: May-26-15 7:24 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Denny Morrison came back from a broken left leg to win Olympic speedskating medals. He'll need all that resilience and more as he aims for the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Whitecaps advance to Canadian Championship final Updated: May-21-15 12:45 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Matias Laba scored in injury time to give the Vancouver Whitecaps a 2-1 victory over FC Edmonton on Wednesday night and a spot in the Canadian Championship final.
- Prosecutor: Border Patrol agent justified in fatal shooting Updated: May-20-15 1:05 am
SUMAS, Washington - A U.S. Border Patrol agent was justified in fatally shooting a 20-year-old Canadian man who crossed the U.S.-Canada border illegally in March and sprayed the agent with bear spray, a prosecutor in Washington state said Tuesday.
- Todd McLellan hired as coach of Edmonton Oilers Updated: May-19-15 9:50 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Todd McLellan is focused on a new beginning with the Edmonton Oilers
- Whitecaps tie FC Edmonton 1-1 in 1st leg Updated: May-14-15 12:20 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Gershon Koffie scored in the 87th minute and the Vancouver Whitecaps tied FC Edmonton 1-1 on Wednesday night in the first leg of their Canadian Championship semifinal series.
- Perry puts Ducks past Flames 3-2 in OT, into conf. finals Updated: May-11-15 1:23 am
- Babcock Watch: Weighing Red Wings coach's options Updated: May-09-15 5:29 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From San Jose to Philadelphia, Mike Babcock has no shortage of NHL coaching options after the Detroit Red Wings granted him permission to speak to other teams.
- Ducks beat Flames 4-2 in Game 4 to take 3-1 lead Updated: May-09-15 1:47 am
- Star Canadian speedskater breaks leg in motorcycle crash Updated: May-08-15 5:03 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Four-time Olympic speedskating medalist Denny Morrison of Canada broke his thigh bone in a motorcycle accident and will be out at least three months.
- Canada's Conservatives worried after Alberta election Updated: May-06-15 11:20 pm
TORONTO - A meeting of Canada's federal Conservative party was described as being like a "morgue" on Wednesday, a day after Alberta, Canada's most conservative province, elected a left-of-center provincial government, ending a 44-year-old conservative party dynasty.
- Impact beat Toronto FC 1-0 in 1st leg of Canadian semifinals Updated: May-06-15 9:59 pm
- Portland's Bjorkstrand selected WHL player of the year Updated: May-06-15 5:59 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Portland Winterhawks forward Oliver Bjorkstrand was honored Wednesday as the Western Hockey League's player of the year.
- UK sailors charged with sex assault in Canada relocate Updated: May-01-15 2:23 pm
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia - Four British sailors charged with sexual assault in Halifax, Nova Scotia, will be transferred to a Canadian military base in Alberta where the British military has a presence.