- Residents evacuated as fires threaten Canada oil sands town Updated: May-04-16 10:58 am
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - A wildfire forced the evacuation of the Canadian oil sands city of Fort McMurray, Alberta, destroying 80 percent of the homes in one neighborhood and extensively damaging property in a number of others, officials said Wednesday, warning that it could get worse in the coming hours.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie Updated: May-02-16 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Edmonton forward Connor McDavid, Philadelphia defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere and Chicago forward Artemi Panarin are the finalists for the Calder Trophy for the NHL's top rookie.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Enbridge pipeline replacement gets conditional approval Updated: Apr-25-16 5:40 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Canada's National Energy Board has granted conditional approval to a massive Enbridge Inc., project to replace a pipeline that would enable more Canadian crude to flow into the U.S.
- Canadian man decapitated by Philippine extremists Updated: Apr-25-16 5:11 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed that the decapitated head of a Caucasian male recovered Monday night in the southern Philippines belongs to one of two Canadians taken hostage by Abu Sayyaf militants in September.
- Designer of state seal still creating vivid artwork at 84 Updated: Apr-24-16 3:05 am
CENTRALIA, Washington - If you live in Washington, there's a good chance you have already seen one Lewis County resident's artwork.
- TransCanada resumes oil shipments through Keystone Pipeline Updated: Apr-11-16 12:33 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - TransCanada Corp. has resumed sending oil through the Keystone Pipeline after a weeklong shutdown prompted by a leak and oil spill in southeastern South Dakota.
- Etem scores shootout winner as Canucks beat Oilers 4-3 Updated: Apr-10-16 2:57 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - If this was Alexandre Burrows' last game for the Vancouver Canucks, he went out on his own terms.
- Keystone pipeline ready for restart after repairs completed Updated: Apr-09-16 5:18 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - TransCanada Corp. said Saturday that it has completed repairs to its Keystone Pipeline, a week after the pipeline oozed thousands of gallons of Canadian crude into a South Dakota field.
- The Latest: Keystone Pipeline to restart after oil leak Updated: Apr-08-16 6:06 pm
FREEMAN, South Dakota - The Latest on an oil leak in South Dakota from the Keystone Pipeline (all times local):
- Mikael Backlund has first hat trick, Flames beat Canucks 7-3 Updated: Apr-08-16 1:13 am
- Oilers sign Caleb Jones to 3-year entry level contract Updated: Apr-07-16 6:19 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers signed defenseman Caleb Jones to a three-year entry level contract Thursday.
- WHL Tigers announce arena lease deal minutes before eviction deadline Updated: Apr-07-16 3:05 pm
MEDICINE HAT, Alta. - The WHL Medicine Hat Tigers have signed a multi-year deal with the arena that they play at.
- Blue Jackets rout Maple Leafs 5-1 Updated: Apr-06-16 11:52 pm
- Oilers rout Canucks 6-2 in final game at Rexall Place Updated: Apr-06-16 10:56 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers gave their fans something to cheer about in their final home game of the regular season.
- Carter scores in OT, Kings beat Flames 5-4 Updated: Apr-06-16 1:50 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Jeff Carter took a bit of a gamble and it paid off for the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night.
- Bison from Canada arrive at Blackfeet reservation Updated: Apr-05-16 12:34 pm
BROWNING, Montana - Neither honor songs, well-behaved children nor a vigorous poke with a stick would convince a truckload of bison yearlings to explore their new home on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation.