- Ex-Oilers boss Eakins feels at home coaching San Diego Gulls Updated: Oct-10-15 11:03 am
SAN DIEGO - There are far worse places to coach minor league hockey than sunny San Diego.
- Fabbri gets tiebreaker in 3rd as Blues beat Oilers, McDavid Updated: Oct-09-15 12:18 am
ST. LOUIS - Robby Fabbri came through in his first NHL game and helped the St. Louis Blues spoil Edmonton rookie Connor McDavid's debut.
- Connor McDavid excited about making NHL debut Updated: Oct-08-15 4:25 pm
ST. LOUIS - Edmonton Oilers rookie Connor McDavid said he didn't have any trouble falling asleep on the eve of his professional debut.
- Daniel Sedin has goal, 2 assists as Canucks beat Flames 5-1 Updated: Oct-08-15 2:40 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Playing an unfamiliar position, Brandon Sutter complemented Vancouver Canucks linemates Henrik and Daniel Sedin nicely in the season opener.
- Before McDavid, others wore "The Next One" label Updated: Oct-07-15 3:41 am
Wayne Gretzky was "The Great One" and Mario Lemieux was "The Magnificent One."
- Oilers' Eberle out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury Updated: Sep-30-15 2:44 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers said that forward Jordan Eberle will miss four to six weeks with a shoulder injury.
- 6 -year-old Canadian with cancer lives Spider-Man dream Updated: Sep-29-15 1:07 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - A 6-year-old girl with cancer is making headlines in Canada by living her superhero dream for a day as SpiderMable thanks to a children's charity.
- Flames defenseman T.J. Brodie could miss 3-6 weeks Updated: Sep-23-15 2:15 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Flames defenseman T.J. Brodie has suffered a broken bone in his right hand and is expected to miss three to six weeks.
- Oilers sign defenseman Klefbom to 7-year contract extension Updated: Sep-20-15 2:37 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers have signed defenseman Oscar Klefbom to a seven-year contract extension on Sunday.
- Mom of dead Canadian toddler says man charged was friend Updated: Sep-16-15 5:09 pm
BLAIRMORE, Alberta - The mother of a two-year-old girl killed in western Canada broke down in tears after an old friend of hers was charged with first-degree murder.
- Wickenheiser back after foot injury, ponders 2018 Olympics Updated: Sep-16-15 11:44 am
CALGARY, Alberta - During the four months her foot didn't touch the ground, Hayley Wickenheiser wondered if she'd walk normally again, let alone skate.
- Alberta government moves to protect vast Castle wilderness Updated: Sep-14-15 11:54 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - The announcement of two new parks in Alberta has delighted environmental groups that have been fighting decades for their creation.
- 'Being Canadian' filmmaker Rob Cohen passes AP's Canuck test Updated: Sep-14-15 10:17 am
LOS ANGELES - In "Being Canadian," Los Angeles-based comedy writer and director Rob Cohen seeks to dispel, or at least poke fun at, some of the canards about being a Canuck. A native of Calgary, Cohen takes a cross-country road trip, tackles the assumption that all Canadians are "nice," examines their perennial inferiority complex toward the U.S., and unravels why for much of its history, the Canadian Football League had only eight names for its nine teams.
- Australians find success at Cody Nite Rodeo Updated: Sep-13-15 12:57 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Cowboys and cowgirls looking to improve their skills often spend a summer or two at the Cody Nite Rodeo.
- Oilers phenom McDavid has goal, assist in professional debut Updated: Sep-12-15 3:33 am
PENTICTON, British Columbia - Connor McDavid, the No. 1 pick in this year's NHL draft, had a goal and an assist for the Edmonton Oilers in his professional debut Friday night, an 8-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in the Young Stars tournament opener for both teams.
- Oilers hope McDavid can restore franchise's glory days Updated: Sep-11-15 3:39 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Minutes before Connor McDavid hit the ice for practice, members of the newly formed Edmonton Oilers' brain trust were already in their seats some 20 rows up in Section 116 at Rexall Place.
- Oil pipeline foes ask judge to block Alberta Clipper upgrade Updated: Sep-10-15 4:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge heard conflicting arguments Thursday on whether he should block a capacity expansion on the Alberta Clipper oil pipeline or allow a temporary workaround that lets Enbridge Energy move hundreds of thousands of barrels per day of Canadian tar sands crude across the border without triggering the kind of environmental review that has held up the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
- Jayna Hefford retires from Canadian women's hockey team Updated: Sep-10-15 2:21 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Jayna Hefford left the Canadian women's hockey team the way she arrived - winning gold in overtime against the United States.