- South Africa: Mandela comrade stays in the game Updated: Mar-08-14 11:48 am
- Greek bank shares volatile after stress tests Updated: Mar-07-14 12:17 pm
- German president seeks to visit Nazi massacre site Updated: Mar-05-14 12:39 pm
- Glykos called up for friendly against SKorea Updated: Feb-28-14 12:18 pm
- EU reiterates readiness to sign Ukraine trade deal Updated: Feb-28-14 9:55 am
- Greece gets 1 bid for former Athens airport site Updated: Feb-27-14 2:03 pm
- Greek prison hospital inmates on hunger strike Updated: Feb-24-14 3:53 pm
- EU plans March deployment of CAR peacekeepers Updated: Feb-21-14 7:41 am
- NATO head: Afghan security pact after elections Updated: Feb-20-14 5:07 pm
- Greece seeks criminal charges for 9 far-right MPs Updated: Feb-20-14 6:46 am
- EU defense ministers gather in Athens Updated: Feb-20-14 5:02 am
- Greek farmers protest planned tax reforms Updated: Feb-19-14 11:33 am
- 4.6 magnitude quake hits Greek island Updated: Feb-15-14 6:19 am
- Greek court jails 4 Turkish suspected terrorists Updated: Feb-14-14 2:50 pm
- Group claims attack on German ambassador's home Updated: Feb-11-14 5:01 pm
- Clooney wades into UK-Greece Parthenon Marbles row Updated: Feb-11-14 1:28 pm
- Former Hellenic Postbank CEO released on bail Updated: Feb-10-14 1:19 pm
- Greek anti-terrorist police raid nets weapons Updated: Feb-10-14 12:46 pm
JOHANNESBURG - One of Nelson Mandela's closest confidants is still challenging the powers that be, with plenty of guidance from his ancestors, the ancient Greeks.
LONDON - Greek banks saw their share prices swing sharply Friday after the country's central bank said they need to raise billions of euros to plug holes in their finances.
ATHENS, Greece - Germany's president arrived in Athens Wednesday on a three-day visit that will include visiting the site where Nazi troops massacred dozens of people, in an attempt to ease anti-German sentiment stoked by Greece's financial crisis.
ATHENS, Greece - PAOK goalkeeper Panagiotis Glykos was called up Friday to play for Greece in next week's friendly against South Korea.
ATHENS, Greece - Top European Union officials said Friday that the 28-nation bloc was still ready to sign a landmark trade agreement with Ukraine, insisting it wouldn't weaken ties between the country and its neighbor Russia.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece says it has received a single binding bid for the former Athens airport, a prime seaside property and key part of the recession-mired country's limping privatization drive.
ATHENS, Greece - Inmates of Greece's only prison hospital said Monday they were on hunger strike and were refusing medication to protest severely overcrowded conditions they say are leading to the spread of disease.
ATHENS, Greece - European Union defense ministers say EU peacekeepers are expected to arrive in the Central African Republic in early March to help stop the sectarian violence that has claimed more than 1,000 lives and forced nearly 1 million people to flee.
ATHENS, Greece - NATO's secretary general said Thursday he believes Afghan President Hamid Karzai will not sign a long-stalled security pact with the United States allowing American troops to remain in Afghanistan after the end of 2014, leaving the task to whomever emerges as his successor after April elections.
ATHENS, Greece - Greek judges have asked Parliament to allow the prosecution of another nine lawmakers from the Nazi-inspired Golden Dawn party, which is being investigated for alleged criminal activities.
ATHENS, Greece - European Union defense ministers are gathering in Athens to discuss European military operations and cooperation in a two-day informal meeting, which will also be attended by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
ATHENS, Greece - About 4,000 Greek farmers and civil servants have marched through central Athens to protest planned increases in taxation on farming revenues.
ATHENS, Greece - A strong earthquake, of 4.6 magnitude, has hit the western Greek island of Kephalonia. No damage has been reported.
ATHENS, Greece - An Athens court on Friday jailed four Turkish nationals pending trial on terrorism and weapons-related charges after they were arrested during raids on an Athens apartment that netted automatic weapons and several kilograms (pounds) of explosives.
ATHENS, Greece - An organization calling itself Popular Fighters Group claimed responsibility Tuesday for a December shooting attack on the German ambassador's residence in Athens.
LONDON - If George Clooney thought the battle over art's rightful ownership - the subject of his World War II movie "The Monuments Men" - was in the past, he knows better now.
ATHENS, Greece - The former head of a Greek bank at the center of a criminal investigation was released on bail Monday after a court appearance to answer questions over allegedly unsecured loans that prosecutors say resulted in losses of 500 million euros for the bank.
ATHENS, Greece - Greek anti-terrorist police raided apartments in the Athens area on Monday, seizing weapons and explosives believed to be linked to a Turkish group allegedly responsible for assassinations and bombings in Turkey.