- Greece reopening Olympic venue to cope with asylum-seekers Updated: Oct-01-15 6:03 am
ATHENS, Greece - Authorities in Greece have reopened a disused Olympic venue to house migrants and refugees camped out in central Athens.
- Excavator: Ancient grave in Greece honored Alexander's pal Updated: Sep-30-15 6:57 pm
THESSALONIKI, Greece - An opulent underground monument in northern Greece that caused a stir when excavated last year may have been a symbolic grave - but not the final resting place of - the closest friend and general of ancient warrior-king Alexander the Great, the excavator claimed Wednesday.
- Panathinaikos beats Platanias 1-0 in Greek league Updated: Sep-27-15 5:06 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Panathinaikos fans booed their own team as the Greek title contenders labored to a 1-0 victory over last-place Platanias on Sunday.
- Greece's Tsipras: bailout rebel to bailout enforcer Updated: Sep-21-15 1:47 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greeks have elected Alexis Tsipras prime minister for the second time this year but with a strikingly different mandate: Instead of the vehemently anti-austerity platform he espoused in January, he has now agreed to implement yet more stringent spending cuts and tax hikes.
- Greek election campaign underwhelms voters Updated: Sep-17-15 2:31 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Cheered by thousands in a central Athens square, Alexis Tsipras made a promise that proved impossible to keep. A vote for his left-wing Syriza party would change Europe and punish the creditors who had imposed economic austerity on Greece.