- Cuban art thief suspect arrested in Greece Updated: Nov-25-15 3:43 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Police in Greece say a Cuban man has been arrested near Athens on suspicion of stealing 71 paintings and artwork from the National Museum of Fine Arts in Havana.
- Greece: Bomb explodes at industry federation, no one hurt Updated: Nov-24-15 5:15 am
ATHENS, Greece - A time bomb exploded outside the building of the Federation of Greek Enterprises, near Parliament in central Athens, police said, causing damage but no injuries.
- Panathinaikos-Olympiakos match aborted after violence Updated: Nov-21-15 6:16 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The Greek league match between host Panathinaikos and archrival Olympiakos was postponed after home fans clashed with police before the game and threw flares at Olympiakos players as they walked out onto the pitch.
- 2 strong aftershocks hit western Greek island of Lefkada Updated: Nov-20-15 5:10 am
ATHENS, Greece - Two strong aftershocks have rocked the western Greek island of Lefkada, where a 6.1-magnitude quake killed two people this week and caused extensive damage.
- Protesting Greek farmers clash with police in central Athens Updated: Nov-18-15 7:55 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greek farmers protesting over planned tax and pension reforms demanded by the country's bailout creditors have clashed outside parliament with police, who used tear gas to disperse them.
- Thousands march in Greece to honor 1973 student uprising Updated: Nov-17-15 11:18 am
ATHENS, Greece - About 16,000 people marched to the U.S. Embassy in Athens under tight police security on Tuesday to commemorate a student uprising that was crushed by Greece's military regime in 1973.
- Public services grind to halt in Greek general strike Updated: Nov-12-15 8:51 am
ATHENS, Greece - Clashes briefly broke out Thursday between riot police and protesters in central Athens during the first general strike since the country's left-led government initially came to power in January.
- 6 injured as Serbian, Croatian fans clash at Athens airport Updated: Nov-05-15 9:19 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greek police say at least six people have been hospitalized and 10 detained after rival fans from Serbia and Croatia clashed - using chains, baseball bats and brass knuckles - at Athens International Airport.
- Self-inflicted wounds dog EU moves to manage migrant crisis Updated: Nov-02-15 4:36 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's struggle to staunch the flow of hundreds of thousands of people across its borders represents the continent's biggest refugee emergency in over half a century.