- Wife of slain Oklahoma commissioner files protective order Updated: Aug-28-15 4:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The widow of slain Oklahoma Labor Commissioner Mark Costello has requested protective orders against their son, 26-year-old Christian Costello, and his girlfriend.
- Oklahoma lawmaker withdraws asset forfeiture study request Updated: Aug-28-15 3:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A state lawmaker says he's withdrawing his request for an interim study on civil asset forfeiture laws in Oklahoma and instead plans a panel discussion on the issue.
- US Supreme Court denies hearing to Oklahoma death row inmate Updated: Aug-28-15 12:17 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected a request for a new hearing for an Oklahoma death row inmate scheduled to die next month.
- Oklahoma high court says Ten Commandments must be removed Updated: Aug-27-15 8:52 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Supreme Court Thursday ordered a County judge to implement a ruling that said a Ten Commandments monument on the state Capitol grounds is unconstitutional and must be removed.
- Lankford criticizes Iran deal, EPA during chamber luncheon Updated: Aug-27-15 4:48 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Sen. James Lankford criticized the Obama administration on Thursday for the Iran nuclear deal and the Environmental Protection Agency for its interpretation of federal law during a speech before the Edmond Chamber of Commerce.
- OSU announces plan to increase rural doctors in Oklahoma Updated: Aug-26-15 7:17 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma State University officials on Wednesday announced a six-year, $3.8 million grant from the state's Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust to help fund a medical residency program in mostly rural parts of the state.
- Police: Suspect planned deadly attack on labor commissioner Updated: Aug-26-15 6:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The deadly stabbing of a prominent Oklahoma politician by his son was a premeditated attack in which the suspect intentionally separated his father and mother before the assault, an Oklahoma City detective wrote in an affidavit filed Wednesday.
- Oklahoma appeals court affirms life sentence in slaying Updated: Aug-26-15 6:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma appeals court has rejected the appeal of a 26-year-old man who was sentenced to life in prison for the slaying of an Oklahoma City nightclub manager.
- Oklahoma City pastor fires shot at would-be robber Updated: Aug-26-15 5:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Authorities say a would-be robber who fled an Oklahoma City church after the pastor shot at him has been arrested.
- Yukon finalizes incorporation of land for sports complex Updated: Aug-26-15 3:41 am
YUKON, Oklahoma - The city of Yukon has finalized a deal to annex 251 acres of land bought from Oklahoma City that will be used to build a multimillion-dollar sports complex.
- Oklahoma sheriff says inmates' contraband plan foiled Updated: Aug-25-15 4:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel says jail officials have broken up a system used by two inmates to smuggle contraband into the eighth floor of the jail by lowering a rope down to the ground level.
- Funeral services, vigil set for slain Oklahoma politician Updated: Aug-25-15 3:25 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Funeral services and a candlelight vigil have been scheduled for Oklahoma Labor Commissioner Mark Costello, who was stabbed to death in a weekend attack at an Oklahoma City restaurant.
- Oklahomans paying lowest August gas prices in 11 years Updated: Aug-25-15 2:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahomans are paying the lowest gasoline prices for this time of year since 2004.
- The Latest on Oklahoma stabbing: Fallin praises Costello Updated: Aug-24-15 5:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on the fatal stabbing of Oklahoma's labor commissioner (all times local):
- US Geological Survey records 2 small earthquakes in Oklahoma Updated: Aug-23-15 2:44 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Two small earthquakes have been recorded in north-central Oklahoma by the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Ex-wife of Continental Resources CEO sues over investment Updated: Aug-23-15 2:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The former wife of billionaire Oklahoma energy tycoon Harold Hamm, who was awarded nearly $1 billion in a divorce settlement, is now suing Hamm over the sale of a company the two co-owned.
- Police: Pregnant woman dies in Oklahoma road rage crash Updated: Aug-21-15 7:29 am
DEL CITY, Oklahoma - Police are investigating a Del City crash that killed a pregnant woman as a road rage incident.
- Northbound Interstate 35 reopens on Oklahoma City south side Updated: Aug-20-15 11:35 am
MOORE, Oklahoma - Northbound lanes of Interstate 35 in Moore on the south edge of Oklahoma City have reopened after being closed for more than five hours because of an auto accident.
- ACT college-prep test to be offered to all Oklahoma juniors Updated: Aug-19-15 8:47 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Every high school junior in Oklahoma would have the opportunity to take the ACT college-preparatory test for free during the upcoming school year under a voluntary pilot program launched Wednesday by state education officials.
- US court orders hearing for Oklahoma man sentenced to death Updated: Aug-19-15 6:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man sentenced to death for fatally shooting a state trooper deserves a hearing to determine whether his attorneys adequately defended him during the trial's penalty phase, an appeals court ruled Wednesday.
- Bond withdrawn for ex-officer, leaving him in Oklahoma jail Updated: Aug-19-15 2:41 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Oklahoma City police officer accused of sexually assaulting 13 women remains in jail after his bondsman dropped him as a client.
- US appeals court upholds death penalty in double homicide Updated: Aug-18-15 7:17 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A divided federal appeals court panel upheld a death sentence Tuesday for an Oklahoma man convicted in the shooting deaths of two men more than 12 years ago.
- Board OKs new rules for sentence commutation applications Updated: Aug-18-15 2:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Revamped eligibility requirements approved by the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board likely would allow more nonviolent inmates to apply for sentence commutations.
- Man found with gunshot wound in Oklahoma City has died Updated: Aug-17-15 10:40 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City police say a man found face down in a parking lot with a gunshot wound more than a week ago has died and a suspect is being sought.
- Presidential campaigns tap Oklahoma for voters, donations Updated: Aug-16-15 10:57 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - When presidential candidates like U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas visit a red state like Oklahoma, they're doing more than boosting name recognition and organizing a ground game. They also are seeking an infusion of cash, especially from deep-pocketed donors in the state's booming energy industry, to bolster their campaigns before next year's primary elections.