- Many Oklahoma employees get raises despite salary freeze Updated: Feb-07-16 12:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Thousands of Oklahoma state employees received pay raises last year and thousands more were hired despite warnings of an approaching budget shortfall and a personnel freeze ordered by Gov. Mary Fallin.
- Warriors win 41st straight home game, 116-108 over Thunder Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 am
OAKLAND, California - With a Super Bowl-sized stage, a celebrity-filled crowd and two championship contenders on the floor, it felt more like late May in Oracle Arena than early February.
- Uptick in quakes could prompt action from Oklahoma lawmakers Updated: Feb-06-16 5:45 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The power and frequency of earthquakes in Oklahoma have been increasing, but the Legislature has done little to try to curb the temblors that scientists have linked to the underground disposal of oil and gas drilling wastewater.
- Choctaw Nation plans for new headquarters in Durant in 2018 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
DURANT, Oklahoma - Choctaw Nation Chief Gary Batton said he focuses on tribal culture. But it's hard for him to demonstrate that when the tribe's cultural services office is housed in a double-wide trailer.
- Courthouse in Oklahoma City to be named after late judge Updated: Feb-06-16 1:19 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The federal courthouse in Oklahoma City is to be dedicated next week to honor the longest sitting judge on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma City high school wrestler charged with sex crime Updated: Feb-05-16 8:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An athlete at an Oklahoma City high school was charged this week with a sex crime after police say an act the boy described as a wrestling maneuver was obscene groping.
- One of Oklahoma's worst interstate logjams set for upgrade Updated: Feb-05-16 12:02 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A makeover for one of Oklahoma's worst interstate traffic bottlenecks is finally ready to get under way.
- Preliminary hearing waived in Oklahoma politician's death Updated: Feb-05-16 11:55 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A defense attorney for a man charged with fatally stabbing his father, who was Oklahoma's labor commissioner, says the death reflects a breakdown in the state's mental health system.
- Pressure mounting for lawmakers to send alcohol plan to vote Updated: Feb-04-16 4:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A new plan for Oklahoma voters to decide whether wine and strong beer can be sold in grocery and convenience stores could be the first of many alcohol-related questions on the November ballot.
- Man, woman found shot to death in northeast Oklahoma City Updated: Feb-04-16 1:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City police say a man and a woman have been found shot to death inside a vehicle on the city's northeast side.
- Durant's buzzer-beater lifts Thunder over Magic, 117-114 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:54 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - With the ball in Kevin Durant's hands in the final seconds, Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan didn't call a timeout. Instead, he let one of his superstars do his thing.
- Oklahoma St. wins big with late additions Wudtee, Bundage Updated: Feb-03-16 5:37 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State snagged two of its biggest targets late on national signing day.
- Elephant herpes virus not cause of elephant's death Updated: Feb-03-16 4:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Zoo says the elephant herpes virus - or EEHV - was not the cause of death of an elephant at the zoo.
- Oklahoma lawmakers push social agendas amid budget crisis Updated: Feb-03-16 3:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The difficult task of plugging a $900 million hole in the state budget has not deterred conservative Oklahoma lawmakers from pushing their social agendas on abortion, gun rights and same-sex marriage.
- Oklahoma City-based SandRidge Energy announces layoffs Updated: Feb-03-16 1:44 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City-based SandRidge Energy Inc. is laying off more employees as oil prices continue to fall.
- 2 killed in separate vehicle accidents on Oklahoma roadways Updated: Feb-03-16 12:03 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says two men have been killed in separate accidents on state roadways.
- Del City post office renamed for Oklahoma football star Updated: Feb-03-16 10:38 am
DEL CITY, Oklahoma - A Del City post office is being named in honor of a former Oklahoma football star who was killed in Vietnam.
- Hield scores 17 as Durant watches; No. 1 Oklahoma beats TCU Updated: Feb-02-16 11:29 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Buddy Hield was just the second-best scorer in the building Tuesday night.
- Seattle group asks USDA to investigate elephant's death Updated: Feb-02-16 5:12 pm
SEATTLE - A Seattle-based advocacy group on Tuesday asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture to investigate the recent death of an Asian elephant at the Oklahoma City Zoo, saying it's concerned the zoo wasn't equipped to care for the animal.
- Oklahoma gas company says bad workmanship caused explosion Updated: Feb-02-16 4:27 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A gas utility has said bad workmanship was the cause of a Jan. 2 pipeline explosion that obliterated a northwest Oklahoma City home, damaged dozens of others and severely injured a man.
- Ex-Luther band director facing sex charges involving preteen Updated: Feb-02-16 2:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former band director for Luther Public Schools has been accused of sexual misconduct involving a student.
- Oklahoma City police arrest man in death of Holdenville man Updated: Feb-02-16 12:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of a Holdenville man.
- Gasoline prices continue declining across Oklahoma Updated: Feb-02-16 12:08 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The average price for gasoline continues to fall across Oklahoma.
- Gov. Mary Fallin challenges state lawmakers in budget plan Updated: Feb-02-16 10:10 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Republican Gov. Mary Fallin's budget proposal for the upcoming year challenges state lawmakers to make fundamental changes to the way Oklahoma pays for vital public services including schools, health care and public safety.
- Westbrook's triple-double leads Thunder past Wizards, 114-98 Updated: Feb-02-16 3:39 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook doesn't feel comfortable taking credit for his triple-doubles.