- LGBT anti-discrimination employment bill advances in Senate Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Senators advanced a proposal to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, moments after an initial vote appeared to stall the measure in committee.
- Powerful storms threaten Louisiana, parts of Deep South Updated: Apr-27-16 1:20 pm
ATLANTA - Parts of Louisiana were under a severe thunderstorm watch Wednesday as storms began firing up over parts of the Deep South.
- Plans for Lake Charles VA outpatient clinic going forward Updated: Apr-25-16 4:15 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - After more than 13 years of delays, the Department of Veterans Affairs says it will build a new 24,000-square-foot outpatient clinic in Lake Charles.
- Senate backs bill letting police automatically scan plates Updated: Apr-14-16 7:22 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Lake Charles senator is back with his proposal to allow law enforcement agencies to automatically scan motorists' license plates.
- Bill to raise stripping age to 21 sails through La. Senate Updated: Apr-12-16 4:21 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to block adult entertainment venues from hiring dancers under the age of 21 has sailed through the Louisiana Senate.
- The Latest: Autopsies done on students killed in shooting Updated: Apr-11-16 5:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Latest on a Baton Rouge shooting that killed two 19-year-old Southern University students (all times local):
- Judge to Lake Charles: Rehire indicted deputy police chief Updated: Apr-09-16 12:14 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A judge is ordering the Lake Charles Police Department to reinstate a deputy chief who's under indictment.
- McNeese State promotes Cryer as new women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-08-16 5:02 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - McNeese State promoted assistant women's basketball coach Kacie Cryer to head coach Friday, one day after Brooks Donald Williams resigned to take an assistant position at Alabama.