- Judge rejects witness in Kodiak Coast Guard trial Updated: Apr-18-14 5:52 pm
- Suspect's interview played in Kodiak murder trial Updated: Apr-16-14 9:30 pm
- Ouzinkie reservoir drained after breach Updated: Apr-04-14 2:26 pm
- Senate panel considers dual track tenure system Updated: Mar-31-14 4:08 pm
- Coast Guard member scrutinized for Facebook post Updated: Mar-21-14 6:12 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An inmate known as "Eyeball" will not be taking the stand for the defense in a Kodiak Coast Guard double homicide case - at least for now - after a judge ruled Friday there's no proven connection between him and the case.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard civilian charged with killing two co-workers at a Kodiak communications station told an FBI agent he was late getting to work the day of the deaths because he returned home to change a soft tire, but he had no explanation for why the trip of a few miles should have taken more than 34 minutes.
OUZINKIE, Alaska - A small Spruce Island community is relying on large, expensive generators to provide power and drinking water after a breach at the Mahoona Lake dam.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Education Committee on Monday took testimony on a bill that would increase the number of years a teacher would have to be in the classroom to reach tenure.
KODIAK, Alaska - A Kodiak-based Coast Guard member is under scrutiny after he posted derogatory remarks about Alaska Natives on a Facebook page, and possible actions are being considered in response.