- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Today in Nebraska for September Updated: Aug-28-15 1:38 pm
- Columbus man who'd held officers at bay is imprisoned Updated: Aug-24-15 12:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A 24-year-old man arrested after a five-hour standoff with officers in Columbus has been sentenced for several crimes.
- Columbus City Council upholds eviction of parrots from town Updated: Aug-08-15 7:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - The Columbus City Council has upheld the eviction of a pair of noisy pet parrots from the city, despite pleas from the birds' owners for their return.
- Call center closing to cost Columbus nearly 300 jobs Updated: Aug-05-15 10:46 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - Nearly 300 jobs will be lost when Apogee Retail closes its call center in Columbus as part of a company consolidation, officials said.
- Man sentenced to probation in Nebraska building scam Updated: Aug-05-15 9:10 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A Colorado contractor has been sentenced to probation and ordered to pay restitution for agreeing to erect a steel building in Nebraska's Platte County but skipping town with the $18,000 down payment.
- Lightning strike forces closure of Columbus Aquatic Center Updated: Aug-04-15 10:26 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A lightning strike has forced officials to close the Columbus Aquatic Center for a day.
- Nebraska parents helping daughter live in time she has left Updated: Aug-03-15 1:01 pm
MONROE, Nebraska - A Platte County couple is determined to help their ailing infant daughter live life to the fullest in the little time she may have left.