- Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend see population growth Updated: May-21-15 4:37 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana's big cities are growing because young adults are moving in and because of the lingering effect of the Great Recession that stanched the flow of people to the suburbs, but many areas in the rest of the state are either holding steady or losing population, an Indiana University demographer said.
- Felony murder charge filed in Fort Wayne cemetery slaying Updated: May-21-15 12:53 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Prosecutors have added a felony murder charge against a Fort Wayne man charged with killing a woman in a cemetery.
- Mayor names panel to consider mid-sized Fort Wayne arena Updated: May-20-15 4:44 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne's mayor has named a committee to consider the possibility of building a 5,500-seat downtown arena.
- Fort Wayne honors deployed military with blue star banners Updated: May-20-15 9:44 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The city of Fort Wayne is honoring two more veterans with banners along city streets.
- Northern Indiana man run over by antique tractor, dies Updated: May-20-15 9:05 am
DENVER, Indiana - Northern Indiana police say a 73-year-old man died when the rear wheel of an antique tractor he was restoring shifted and ran over him.
- Indiana Michigan Power receives $200M infrastructure loan Updated: May-18-15 9:44 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana Michigan Power says it's continuing a financing partnership that provided it with loans from banks in Indiana and Michigan.
- Retailer taps Fort Wayne fashion writer to show off apparel Updated: May-15-15 9:34 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Mary Byrd remembers that Friday in late March when the car she was riding in pulled to a stop in front of the luxurious Gansevoort Hotel in Manhattan.
- State Sen. Banks joins Brown, Galloway in 3rd District field Updated: May-12-15 7:26 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Indiana state senator just back from a military deployment in Afghanistan formally announced his bid Tuesday to go to Washington, joining a 3rd District congressional field that includes one other state senator and one who formerly served in Wisconsin.
- Recently deployed Indiana Sen. Banks running for US House Updated: May-11-15 1:09 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Republican state Sen. Jim Banks of Columbia City says he's running for the northeastern Indiana House seat that U.S. Rep. Marlin Stutzman is giving up.
- Ride service Uber makes official launch in northwest Indiana Updated: May-11-15 11:31 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - Ride-hailing service Uber is making its official debut in northwest Indiana.
- Ivy Tech grad flying high over opportunities ahead Updated: May-11-15 9:19 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Satya Sunkavalli has always wanted to fly.
- Ohio asks neighboring states to help fight Lake Erie's algae Updated: May-09-15 11:04 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio's governor and environmental chief are asking leaders in some neighboring states to look at taking new steps at fighting the toxic algae blooms that have turned Lake Erie green in recent summers.
- Uber ride-hailing service comes to Fort Wayne Updated: May-08-15 11:14 am
FOR WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne has joined dozens of countries across the globe allowing the ride-hailing service Uber to transport residents around town.
- Native American drummers in Fort Wayne focus on sacred past Updated: May-06-15 9:58 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Something spiritual comes over members of the Medicine Woman Singers when they perform.
- Body in barrel identified as missing Fort Wayne teen Updated: May-05-15 1:05 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A coroner has identified a woman whose body was found in a trash barrel.
- Pilot hospitalized after paraglider crashes in NE Indiana Updated: May-05-15 12:26 pm
ORLAND, Indiana - A 59-year-old northeastern Indiana man has been hospitalized after his motorized paraglider crashed into trees.
- Small plane loses power, lands on Indiana highway Updated: May-05-15 7:13 am
HUNTINGTON, Indiana - Sheriff's officials in Huntington County say a single-engine private plane lost power and the pilot had to land on U.S. 224, striking a truck stopped at a traffic light.
- After witness dies, Fort Wayne man's murder charge dropped Updated: May-04-15 4:53 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Prosecutors dropped a murder charge against a Fort Wayne man Monday, one day before his trial was set to begin and after the death of a key witness in March.
- Fort Wayne man gets 15 years in infant's babysitting death Updated: May-02-15 2:04 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne man was sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to a neglect charge stemming from the death of an infant he was babysitting.
- New headstone to be dedicated at Civil War soldier's grave Updated: Apr-30-15 9:56 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - For some reason, John E. Wilkins carried a pocket notebook and pen, writing down his experiences as a Union soldier, day after day, from the onset of the Civil War until its conclusion.
- Kroger expands in central Indiana to create 3,400-plus jobs Updated: Apr-29-15 5:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kroger will build 11 new stores and expand or remodel 22 others in a $464.6 million central Indiana expansion that will create 3,440 permanent jobs, the retailer announced Wednesday.
- German group sponsoring eagle-owl couple at Fort Wayne zoo Updated: Apr-28-15 10:05 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - They're one of the largest species of owls and they can be found all over Europe - especially in Germany.
- Fort Wayne's Hispanic Chamber celebrates 25 years Updated: Apr-24-15 9:14 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Like many millennials, Jessica Montalvo embraces technology.
- Fort Wayne officials want $6M for riverfront development Updated: Apr-24-15 4:06 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne officials are seeking $6 million to pay for the first phase of a riverfront development plan.
- Health board OKs possible needle-exchange, if bill passes Updated: Apr-23-15 3:43 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana health board has given its endorsement to a possible needle-exchange program if lawmakers approve a bill allowing such programs.