- Witness: Indianapolis man promised $10K for home explosion Updated: Feb-11-16 2:35 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Indianapolis woman whose house exploded, killing two people, told a jury her then-boyfriend's half-brother was promised $10,000 to blow up the house so they could collect $300,000 in insurance.
- Fort Wayne zoo seeks volunteer toad, frog trackers Updated: Feb-10-16 8:16 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The Fort Wayne Children's Zoo is looking for volunteers as part of an effort to track frog and toad species.
- Army sergeant surprises his kid, tells them he's retiring Updated: Feb-10-16 5:00 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Andy Jenkins felt sad at school all day Monday.
- Donations sought to repair vandalism at Jewish cemetery Updated: Feb-05-16 1:04 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The Jewish Federation of Fort Wayne plans to collect donations to help pay for damage after more than 50 headstones were vandalized.
- Indiana State Police: Enjoy Super Bowl but don't drive drunk Updated: Feb-05-16 3:01 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana State Police are reminding anyone who celebrates during the Super Bowl Sunday that they shouldn't drink and drive.
- Landis scores record 44 points as IPFW beats S. Dakota 95-82 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:02 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Max Landis missed his first shot of the game, a 3-pointer, but not many more as he poured in a school-record 44 points to lead IPFW past South Dakota, 95-82 on Thursday night.
- Indiana Senate's Republican leader faces primary challenger Updated: Feb-04-16 4:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Fort Wayne educator emerged Thursday as a GOP primary challenger to the Indiana Senate's top Republican, who has faced heavy criticism from religious conservatives for championing a bill that would have extended civil rights protections to lesbians, gays and bisexuals.
- Police: 2 killed in 2-vehicle crash in northeastern Indiana Updated: Feb-04-16 3:49 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Authorities say two people are dead after a two-vehicle crash in northeastern Indiana.
- Northwestern adds receivers to an anemic offense Updated: Feb-03-16 12:02 pm
EVANSTON, Illinois - Northwestern's offense was the worst in the Big Ten last season, scoring 19.5 points per game. And the 45-6 loss to Tennessee in the Outback Bowl soured some of the good feelings of a 10-3 season.
- Gravestones knocked over at Jewish cemetery in Fort Wayne Updated: Feb-03-16 7:52 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - More than 50 gravestones have been knocked over at a Jewish cemetery in Fort Wayne.
- Recruits put through paces during fire academy training Updated: Feb-01-16 8:36 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - By 7:40 a.m., two recruits already had been taken aside to work out on an exercise bicycle and rowing machine because they could not keep up with the physically demanding exercises their drill instructors had ordered them to do.
- Man charged in gunfire exchange with Fort Wayne police Updated: Feb-01-16 8:24 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne man whose 2014 murder charges were dropped after a witness was accidentally killed by a train now faces attempted murder charges for allegedly trading gunfire with police.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jan-26-16 1:02 pm
The Munster Times. Jan. 22, 2016
- Fort Wayne mayor seeking livable wages for city employees Updated: Jan-26-16 7:50 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The mayor of Fort Wayne says he plans to examine city employees' pay to ensure each of them is earning a livable wage.
- IUPUI downs IPFW 84-82 on Barksdale's layup Updated: Jan-23-16 9:18 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Darell Combs scored 20 points, Marcellus Barksdale added 13 and the winning layup with one second left and IUPUI beat IPFW 84-82 on Saturday night.
- Indiana volunteers donating bottled water to Flint residents Updated: Jan-22-16 7:18 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana residents are collecting bottles of water for Flint, Michigan, where high levels of lead have been found in the city's water.
- IPFW beats North Dakota State 79-74 Updated: Jan-21-16 9:40 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - John Konchar had a career-high 19 rebounds to go with 10 points on Thursday night, and IPFW surged late to beat North Dakota State 79-74.
- Faculty object to proposed split of Fort Wayne university Updated: Jan-20-16 12:12 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Faculty members at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne are voicing opposition to a group's recommendation to split the school into separate universities.
- Lawyers say Navy SEAL ignored advice on Osama bin Laden book Updated: Jan-19-16 6:23 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A former Navy SEAL disregarded advice from attorneys to submit his book about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden to the federal government for clearance before it was published, the lawyers said in a court filing.
- Fort Wayne airport has 6th-straight year of passenger growth Updated: Jan-19-16 10:26 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Passenger numbers at Fort Wayne International Airport show an 11 percent increase last year.
- Purdue nonprofit helps farmers keep working despite ailments Updated: Jan-17-16 10:51 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Farmers are known for squeezing every last bit of usefulness from things ... including their own bodies.
- Officials seek name for northeast Indiana trail system Updated: Jan-15-16 1:01 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Officials are looking for a name for a system of hundreds of miles of trails in northeastern Indiana.