- Fort Wayne denied $250,000 from county board for storm costs Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Allen County agency has turned down the city of Fort Wayne's request for $250,000 to help cover some of the costs from a late June wind storm.
- Fort Wayne wants design proposals for riverfront promenade Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The city of Fort Wayne is looking for ideas for the design of its planned downtown riverfront promenade.
- IPFW expands in-state tuition to 8 more Ohio counties Updated: Jul-28-15 9:49 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne has announced that residents of eight more Ohio counties close to the campus are now eligible for in-state tuition.
- Wet summer has created a busy mosquito season Updated: Jul-27-15 5:07 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - It may have been slow going at the beginning of June, but the deluge of rain took care of that.
- Work starting soon on Indiana Michigan's 1st solar site Updated: Jul-27-15 4:07 am
MARION, Indiana - Construction is set to start soon in northern Indiana on the first of four solar energy farms planned by Indiana Michigan Power.
- Pharmacy robberies up across Indiana, US as drugs targeted Updated: Jul-26-15 3:46 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Robberies of pharmacies to gain illegal access to prescription painkillers and other drugs have increased this year, with Indiana outpacing other states, crime data shows.
- Thousands of scooters registered under new Indiana law Updated: Jul-26-15 9:43 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Thousands of mopeds and scooters are now registered with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles after a new law went into effect in January.
- Indiana man gets 16 years in fatal shooting of daughter, 5 Updated: Jul-25-15 5:57 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne man who pleaded guilty to reckless homicide for fatally shooting his 5-year-old daughter as he was playing with his guns has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
- State agency spends $300K to add mantra to buildings Updated: Jul-24-15 3:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state agency has added Gov. Mike Pence's catchphrase to the facades of buildings in downtown Indianapolis at a cost of nearly $300,000 to taxpayers.
- Ohio-based company closing 150-worker Indiana plant Updated: Jul-24-15 9:38 am
NEW HAVEN, Indiana - Ohio-based Parker Hannifin plans to close a 150-worker factory near Fort Wayne in the coming year.
- Telescope observatory being built on Fort Wayne campus Updated: Jul-22-15 3:59 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A professor hopes construction of a telescope observatory on the Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne campus will help boost interest in astronomy among students.
- Fort Wayne man gets 91 years for store owner's slaying Updated: Jul-21-15 3:08 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne man has been sentenced to 91 years in prison after being found guilty of the shooting death of a convenience store owner.
- Pullman car bound for trips between Fort Wayne, Lafayette Updated: Jul-17-15 4:04 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A rare, refurbished luxury Pullman rail car is set to depart Fort Wayne this weekend, offering passengers an idea of what it was like to travel first class more than seven decades ago.
- Some Indiana lawmakers unaware of cellphone ban amendment Updated: Jul-16-15 3:37 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Young people in Indiana weren't the only ones caught off guard by an amendment to a state law that banned the use of cellphones for all drivers under age 21.
- Fort Wayne gets $862,946 from FEMA for flood-prone projects Updated: Jul-16-15 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The city of Fort Wayne has been awarded $862,946 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to purchase and demolish 18 flood-prone structures.
- Defense contractor Harris to cut 360 jobs in Fort Wayne Updated: Jul-16-15 8:13 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A contractor with the U.S. military says it's getting rid of 360 jobs in its Fort Wayne facility as it moves radio manufacturing to an existing plant in Rochester, New York.
- Ex-Rep. Crawford, retired firefighter get Black Expo Awards Updated: Jul-15-15 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence has honored former state Rep. Bill Crawford of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne's first female firefighter among eight others at Indiana Black Expo's Summer Celebration in Indianapolis.
- Weather service: Fort Wayne is on pace for wettest summer Updated: Jul-14-15 11:45 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The National Weather Service reports Fort Wayne needs a little more than 2 inches of rain to set a record for the wettest summer on record.
- Police: Robbery suspect caught after fall in Indiana river Updated: Jul-14-15 9:30 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne police say they've arrested a robbery suspect after he fell into a river while fleeing from officers.
- Polish ensemble performing free shows in Fort Wayne Updated: Jul-13-15 3:52 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Polish group is performing free shows in Fort Wayne to celebrate the 25-year sister city exchange between the Allen County seat and Plock, Poland.
- IPFW to get $1.3 million from state, Purdue Updated: Jul-10-15 3:51 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne is receiving nearly $1.3 million in additional state funding due to actions by Gov. Mike Pence and Purdue University.
- Coroner IDs body pulled from Maumee R. as missing kayaker Updated: Jul-07-15 3:56 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The Allen County Coroner's office has positively identified a man whose body was pulled from the Maumee River last month as a kayaker who had gone missing.
- Gunfire erupts at Fort Wayne home, 9 injured, 1 critically Updated: Jul-05-15 12:14 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne police say gunfire that erupted during a disturbance at a home has injured nine people, including one who's listed in critical condition.
- Indiana Supreme Court hears case on custody, mental illness Updated: Jul-03-15 2:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court is weighing an emotionally charged case in which a man lost custody of his daughter after spurning child-welfare officials' suggestions that he leave his mentally ill wife based on their fears that she might harm the girl.
- Virginia company creates image of Indiana girl's killer Updated: Jul-02-15 3:05 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Virginia company has created a composite image of a suspect in the 1988 killing of an 8-year-old Fort Wayne girl using DNA evidence collected during the investigation.