- Indiana Supreme Court hears case on custody, mental illness Updated: Jul-03-15 2:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court is weighing an emotionally charged case in which a man lost custody of his daughter after spurning child-welfare officials' suggestions that he leave his mentally ill wife based on their fears that she might harm the girl.
- Virginia company creates image of Indiana girl's killer Updated: Jul-02-15 3:05 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Virginia company has created a composite image of a suspect in the 1988 killing of an 8-year-old Fort Wayne girl using DNA evidence collected during the investigation.
- Nearly all power restored from Fort Wayne weekend storm Updated: Jul-01-15 10:45 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana Michigan Power Co. says nearly all outages in the Fort Wayne area have been repaired after a weekend storm knocked out electricity to more than 30,000 homes and businesses.
- Body found matching description of missing kayaker Updated: Jun-26-15 5:13 pm
NEW HAVEN, Indiana - Indiana conservation officers say firefighters have recovered a body from a river matching the description of a kayaker missing since Tuesday night.
- 4th member of Fort Wayne family charged in Mafia scam Updated: Jun-26-15 3:08 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne woman and two of her adult children have been formally indicted on charges they bilked a couple out of about $1.5 million over seven years by sending text messages purportedly from the Mafia threatening to abduct family members or family members of friends.
- Man dies in Fort Wayne police custody; woman critical Updated: Jun-25-15 5:59 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne Police Chief Garry Hamilton says a man has died in custody after detectives believe he ingested crack cocaine.
- Police seek help in 1972 death of Indianapolis woman Updated: Jun-24-15 4:52 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Authorities are seeking the public's help in trying to solve the 1972 death of a 27-year-old Indianapolis woman whose body was found in a ditch near Fort Wayne with her 3-year-old uninjured daughter nearby.
- Longtime head of Indiana Farm Bureau retiring Updated: Jun-24-15 4:13 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana Farm Bureau President Don Villwock is retiring this year after 14 years of leading the group.
- Conservation club's apiary causes a buzz in northern Indiana Updated: Jun-23-15 9:17 am
WAYNEDALE, Indiana - It's the best-kept secret in Waynedale.
- Fort Wayne just shy of breaking June rainfall record Updated: Jun-21-15 5:40 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The city of Fort Wayne is a few raindrops away from setting a record for the month of June.
- 3 charged with running scam that bilked couple of $1.5M Updated: Jun-21-15 4:43 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne woman and her two adult children are accused of bilking a couple out of about $1.5 million over seven years by sending text messages purportedly from the Mafia threatening to abduct family members or family members of friends.
- Indiana sentencing change delays need for more prison space Updated: Jun-20-15 5:42 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana lawmakers' decision to start sending more low-level criminals to community corrections and jails has delayed the state's need for new prison space for at least one year, officials say.
- Indiana ramps up emergency center ahead of possible flooding Updated: Jun-18-15 5:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana ramped up its emergency operations center Thursday and residents sandbagged homes in flood-prone areas as the remnants of Tropical Storm Bill approached with the threat of heavy rains that could worsen flooding in areas already drenched from days of rainfall.
- IPFW coach Coffman hopes Scott can be a recruiting magnet Updated: Jun-18-15 1:59 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The transfer of Bryson Scott from Purdue to IPFW gives the Mastodons a local player who coach Jon Coffman hopes can be a recruiting magnet.
- Steam engine gives taste of early 1900s train travel Updated: Jun-16-15 8:53 am
NEW HAVEN, Indiana - Maxwell Berry is your typical 6-year-old boy, said his mother, Amber Berry.
- 2 people atop SUV in floodwaters rescued near Fort Wayne Updated: Jun-15-15 6:52 am
POE, Indiana - Two people have been rescued from the top of an SUV after it got stuck in floodwaters outside of Fort Wayne.
- Police: Man with gun fatally shot by Fort Wayne officer Updated: Jun-14-15 7:19 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne police officer investigating a report of a disturbance fatally shot a man who answered a front door armed with a handgun and refused commands to drop it, authorities said Sunday.
- Coroner: Death of Fort Wayne man found in closet a homicide Updated: Jun-12-15 10:30 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana coroner has ruled as a homicide the death of a man whose body was found this spring inside a bedroom closet at his home.
- Craze for vintage items taking hold and giving shops a boost Updated: Jun-11-15 9:38 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - When Sandy Maggert opened Sandy's Hidden Treasures & Gifts just off Main Street in Churubusco not quite a year ago, she thought she could save people the trouble of driving to a shopping center to get a quick gift.
- Indiana medical software company says networks hacked Updated: Jun-10-15 6:56 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A medical software company is notifying patients of health care providers it serves that their private information may have been exposed when its networks were hacked, it said Wednesday.
- Monetary grants are given to promote community involvement Updated: Jun-10-15 9:20 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The Packard Piano & Organ Company stood at Kinsmoor and Fairfield Avenues for decades before a fire destroyed it in the 1930s. Now there's a park where the piano factory was.
- Fort Wayne schools seek pause in A-F accountability grades Updated: Jun-09-15 10:15 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fort Wayne school officials have approved a resolution asking the state to pause its A-F accountability system for a year, saying they hope to start a bigger conversation about statewide standardized testing.
- Prosecutor offers parents behind on child support amnesty Updated: Jun-09-15 3:59 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana prosecutor is offering parents who lost driving privileges because they're behind on child support payments a chance to get back behind the wheel.
- Fort Wayne group looking to save closed GE campus Updated: Jun-08-15 4:04 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Some Fort Wayne residents are looking for ways to save the buildings on General Electric's shuttered complex that once boasted 10,000 workers.
- German police officers visit Fort Wayne Updated: Jun-03-15 3:32 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Police officers from Germany were in Fort Wayne this week as part of an officer exchange program.