- Phinney to make comeback to cycling at Tour of Utah Updated: Jul-31-15 9:36 pm
Taylor Phinney had to endure such a long rehab from a devastating injury that the Olympic cyclist picked up painting and learned to fly a plane, just to help pass the time.
- Redskins' RG3 not looking back, his 'focus on the future' Updated: Jul-30-15 7:33 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Robert Griffin III is not interested in dissecting whatever criticism - and there's been plenty - that's come his way.
- The Latest: Trial begins in Virginia for terror suspect Updated: Jul-30-15 5:15 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on the trial of terror suspect Irek Hamidullin (all times local):
- Unusual terror case going to trial in US court in Virginia Updated: Jul-30-15 5:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Hundreds of terror suspects have been tried in federal courts since the 2001 attacks, but a case unfolding in Virginia differs from most in at least one key respect.
- Va. tourism to air TV ads during Richmond bicycle race Updated: Jul-30-15 3:16 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia tourism officials will use television commercials to promote the state as a travel destination during an upcoming international bicycle race in Richmond.
- Better economy has smokers buying more Marlboros Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - A better economy is helping sell more Marlboros and Camels, even as prices climb. That brought higher profits for their makers in the second quarter.
- Virginia home sales post strongest second quarter in 7 years Updated: Jul-29-15 4:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia residential real estate market saw its strongest second quarter since the 2008 recession, according to recent report.
- Virginia business leaders pitch plan for state incentives Updated: Jul-28-15 4:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's sluggish economy can be helped with more regional cooperation goosed along by state-funded incentives, business leaders said Tuesday.
- U. of Richmond suspends fraternity for policy violations Updated: Jul-26-15 12:59 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sigma Alpha Epsilon's chapter at the University of Richmond has been indefinitely suspended for violating the school's policies.
- Suspect in Va. slaying found in British Virginia Islands Updated: Jul-24-15 3:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The suspect in the November 2014 slaying of a woman in Richmond has been arrested in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
- Sheriff: 1 of 3 recent Richmond jail deaths was natural Updated: Jul-22-15 8:17 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond Sheriff C.T. Woody Jr. says one of three recent inmate deaths at the city jail was due to natural causes.
- Va. unemployment rate holds steady at 4.9 percent in June Updated: Jul-21-15 1:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate held steady at 4.9 percent in June.
- Bankrupt Patriot Coal asks judge to change retiree benefits Updated: Jul-21-15 10:41 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Patriot Coal wants a bankruptcy judge's permission to reject the company's collective bargaining agreement with union miners and change retirees' health care benefits.
- Capital city craft brewer to expand, create 50-plus jobs Updated: Jul-20-15 2:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A craft brewery in Richmond is expanding, creating 56 jobs in the process.
- Nearly 400 expected to attend Va. education conference Updated: Jul-20-15 2:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Nearly 400 Virginia school board members, superintendents and others are expected to attend an annual education conference in Richmond.
- Students excavate site of freed slave community in Henrico Updated: Jul-18-15 10:04 am
VARINA, Virginia - Some Richmond high school students are among the first to discover the artifacts on a historic property in eastern Henrico County owned by a group of African-Americans freed in the 1700s.
- Cumming antique collector's cannonball detonated Updated: Jul-18-15 9:05 am
CUMMING, Georgia - Antiquing may not be the first answer when thinking of jobs that come with existential dangers, but when a Cumming woman unknowingly brought a live cannonball into her home last week, that's exactly what the situation exploded into.
- Dominion workers give big to sponsor of company-backed bill Updated: Jul-17-15 11:07 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Employees of Dominion Resources Inc., which owns Virginia's largest electric utility, are giving big to the campaign of a state lawmaker who sponsored Dominion-friendly legislation earlier this year.
- Former Va. youth coach pleads guilty to child exploitation Updated: Jul-16-15 4:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Henrico County youth coach has pleaded guilty to participating in a child exploitation enterprise.
- Southern heritage group gathers for convention in Va. Updated: Jul-16-15 2:04 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Southern heritage group that is fighting to keep the Confederate battle flag on Virginia license plates is holding its annual convention in the former capital of the Confederacy.
- Imprisoned Va. developer's mansion sells at auction Updated: Jul-15-15 12:03 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A mansion owned by a Richmond developer imprisoned for fraud has sold at auction for $1.5 million.
- Chesapeake Bay lawsuit aimed at cows in streams rejected Updated: Jul-14-15 4:40 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A lawsuit aimed at keeping cattle out of Virginia streams that feed into the Chesapeake Bay has been rejected by a Circuit Court judge in Richmond.
- Fredericksburg man gets 65-month investment fraud sentence Updated: Jul-13-15 5:42 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Fredericksburg man was sentenced Monday to more than five years in prison for misappropriating millions of dollars from people who thought they were investing in an office park.
- Plane runs off Richmond airport taxiway; no injuries Updated: Jul-13-15 9:43 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Southwest Airlines says one of its planes veered off the taxiway after landing at Richmond International Airport in Virginia.
- Plane runs off Richmond airport taxiway; no injuries Updated: Jul-13-15 8:51 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Southwest Airlines says one of its planes veered off the taxiway after landing at Richmond International Airport.