- James River Coal wants to auction off business Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 am
- Judge refuses to toss sentence for ID theft Updated: Apr-18-14 2:04 am
- Students object to Confederate flags on Va. campus Updated: Apr-17-14 3:46 pm
- Tobacco supplier Universal to enter food business Updated: Apr-17-14 11:07 am
- Philip Morris Int'l 1Q profit falls nearly 12 pct Updated: Apr-17-14 10:26 am
- Richmond diocese works to reinvigorate church Updated: Apr-17-14 7:23 am
- McAuliffe announces 500 jobs coming to central Va. Updated: Apr-16-14 11:07 am
- Va. transportation plan makes debut Wednesday Updated: Apr-16-14 2:49 am
- Va regs set hearings on Appalachian Power rates Updated: Apr-16-14 2:34 am
- Va. Tech massacre's 7th anniversary to be marked Updated: Apr-16-14 2:04 am
- Tobacco cos. make payments under state settlement Updated: Apr-15-14 3:36 pm
- Correction: Immigration Reform story Updated: Apr-15-14 10:11 am
- Altria sells idled NC cigarette plant for $68.5M Updated: Apr-14-14 10:53 am
- 'Bandits' try to participate in Richmond races Updated: Apr-12-14 9:20 am
- New Va. forester a familiar face Updated: Apr-11-14 4:17 pm
- Community health fair set in Richmond Updated: Apr-11-14 2:34 am
- Ex-officer opposes parole for convicted Va. killer Updated: Apr-10-14 7:22 am
- Evaluation ordered for Richmond slaying suspect Updated: Apr-10-14 6:52 am
- US court to hear lawsuit naming Va., ABC agents Updated: Apr-10-14 2:04 am
- Marlboro maker Altria Group CEO made $17.5M in '13 Updated: Apr-09-14 12:07 pm
- Driver involved in Va. wreck that killed 3 charged Updated: Apr-09-14 11:34 am
- Vigil to honor VDOT workers killed in work zones Updated: Apr-09-14 2:19 am
- Headstones toppled in historic Va. cemetery Updated: Apr-08-14 3:14 pm
- Va. trooper, woman, 2 children injured in wreck Updated: Apr-08-14 6:42 am
- Civil War hospitals in Va.'s Capital city honored Updated: Apr-08-14 3:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - James River Coal Co. intends to sell parts or all of its business at an auction in July.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal judge has refused to throw out a Richmond woman's 14-year prison sentence for helping illegal aliens obtain driver's licenses and other identification.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A group of law students at Washington and Lee University is demanding the school banish the Confederate flag from its Lexington campus and repudiate one of its namesakes, Gen. Robert E. Lee.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The world's leading supplier and processor of leaf tobacco is venturing beyond the cash crop into the food business.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Philip Morris International's first-quarter profit dropped nearly 12 percent as cigarette sales fell in the overseas markets that it serves and it was hurt by foreign exchange rates for the U.S. dollar.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Diocese of Richmond is reaching out to disaffected or lapsed parishioners as part of a push to reinvigorate the local church.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A customer service center is bringing 500 jobs to Henrico County.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The wraps are coming off the latest update of Virginia's six-year transportation plan.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia regulators have scheduled hearings on rates that Appalachian Power charges customers for generation, distribution, and transmission services.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The victims of the April 16, 2007, massacre at Virginia Tech will be remembered at ceremonies in Richmond and Blacksburg.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The nation's top cigarette makers said Tuesday they have made about $6 billion in annual payments as part of a longstanding settlement in which some companies are paying states for smoking-related health care costs.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story April 3 about a hunger strike by immigration reform advocates, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a Christian social justice organization. It is Sojourners, not Soujourners.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The owner of the nation's biggest tobacco company, Philip Morris USA, has sold a North Carolina cigarette plant it idled in 2009.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Thom Suddeth, a former law enforcement officer, knows illicit behavior when he sees it. And he sees it each spring when dozens of unregistered runners attempt to participate on the sly in the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has named a new state forester.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A community health fair in Richmond will provide free screenings, wellness education and follow-up resources to local residents.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Richmond police officer is campaigning against parole for a man convicted of killing three people and wounding her and another officer in 1984.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond woman charged with killing her stepsister will undergo a court-ordered mental competency evaluation.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A $40 million lawsuit against the state and seven agents with the Alcoholic Beverage Commission is headed to federal court.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. CEO Martin J. Barrington's pay package jumped to nearly $17.5 million for fiscal 2013.
NEW KENT, Virginia - Virginia State Police have charged a driver involved in a New Kent County wreck that killed three people.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation plans a vigil to honor workers who have been killed in work zone crashes.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond police are seeking vandals who destroyed headstones in the city's historic Hebrew Cemetery.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia State Police are investigating a collision between a trooper's cruiser and a minivan that occurred as the officer was pursuing another vehicle.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The dozens of Richmond hospitals that tended to the Civil War sick and wounded are being recognized with a state historical marker.