- The state Senate races to watch on Election Day Updated: Oct-08-15 3:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Partisan control for Virginia's state Senate is up for grabs this November.
- Virginia man convicted of stealing Social Security benefits Updated: Oct-07-15 3:15 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond man has been convicted of stealing Social Security survivors' benefits.
- Richmond shooting guard Josh Jones suspended indefinitely Updated: Oct-06-15 6:45 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond has suspended shooting guard Josh Jones from all team activities indefinitely.
- The Latest: Surfer enjoys outing in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Oct-03-15 2:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on heavy rains in Virginia. (All times local):
- Police: No sign of armed person at Virginia campus Updated: Oct-02-15 11:09 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Commonwealth University has told students to resume their normal activity after warning them to avoid part of its campus because of a possible armed person.
- Man files lawsuit against Richmond Police for apartment raid Updated: Oct-02-15 10:18 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia Union University student has filed a lawsuit against the Richmond Police Department, saying he was left injured and shaken after police raided his home with a warrant listing a non-existent address.
- The Latest: Virginia executes serial killer Updated: Oct-01-15 10:03 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on the scheduled execution of a convicted serial killer in Virginia. All times local:
- Monroe's tomb in Va. to be restored ahead of anniversary Updated: Sep-29-15 6:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - James Monroe's tomb overlooking the James River in Richmond is being restored ahead of the bicentennial of his election as the nation's fifth president.
- Rains, more in forecast, causing headaches across Virginia Updated: Sep-29-15 6:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Steady rains have forced the early closure of schools and flooded dozens of streets from Southside Virginia to the Shenandoah Valley.
- Championship cycling attendance beats expectations Updated: Sep-28-15 5:13 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Organizers of the UCI Road World Championships in Virginia were celebrating Monday after pulling off the international bike races with no big problems and drawing more fans than they even expected.
- US hopes to build on 1st world championships in 3 decades Updated: Sep-28-15 10:35 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - It had been nearly three decades since the U.S. last hosted cycling's road world championships. The hope now is the legacy of this year's event lasts at least that long.
- Sagan uses top of cycling podium as pulpit for world peace Updated: Sep-28-15 2:38 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Peter Sagan had just climbed to the top step of the podium at cycling's world championships on Sunday when the Slovakian star turned the spotlight on issues far greater than a bike race.
- World championships proving to be referendum on doping Updated: Sep-27-15 9:24 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of the first things riders are required to do after crossing the finish line at the world championships is turn right, follow the bright red signs and report to doping control.
- Armitstead wins dramatic sprint at road world championships Updated: Sep-26-15 5:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lizzie Armitstead had an idea of how she wanted the world championships to play out, the field whittling down to a select bunch and the fastest few eventually sprinting for gold.
- 3 people killed in Va. identified as relatives of suspect Updated: Sep-25-15 10:21 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Authorities in Chesterfield County have identified three people whose bodies were found in a home.
- Kiryienka surprising winner of time trial world championship Updated: Sep-23-15 5:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Only a handful of people at the start line knew Vasil Kiryienka's name Wednesday.
- Appeals court reinstates W.Va. attempted robbery conviction Updated: Sep-23-15 3:45 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court has reinstated the attempted robbery conviction of a West Virginia man who claims a prosecutor withheld crucial evidence at his trial.
- Police probe shots fired at patrol car, 2nd vehicle on I-95 Updated: Sep-23-15 1:26 pm
RICHMODN, Virginia - Virginia State Police are investigating shots fired at a state police patrol car and another vehicle on Interstate 95 in Richmond.
- Va. officials set next food, beverage trade show Updated: Sep-23-15 3:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - State officials have announced the date for the next Virginia Food and Beverage Expo.
- Arbitrator forces change to US team for world championships Updated: Sep-22-15 10:38 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lauren Komanski replaced Allie Dragoo on the U.S. team for the road cycling world championships after an arbitrator's ruling late Tuesday, less than four days before the start of the race.
- Virginia hopes $75M Capital Trail will have big impact Updated: Sep-22-15 5:35 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - At more than $75 million, the Virginia Capital Trail came with a hefty price tag. But for some businesses along the recently completed bike path that connects Richmond to Williamsburg and Jamestown, it's already paying off.
- Richmond dominates VMI in 42-10 win Updated: Sep-19-15 10:19 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Kyle Lauletta threw for 209 yards and a career-high three touchdowns to lead Richmond past VMI 42-10 on Saturday.
- Time trial training crashes prove peril of Richmond course Updated: Sep-19-15 4:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Two crashes during team time trial training for the world championships on Saturday injured several riders, including one rider who got a concussion and another with a broken collarbone.
- Advanced emergency management academy set in Richmond Updated: Sep-19-15 3:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - An advanced emergency management academy will be held in Richmond beginning this fall.
- Virginia gov offers version of redrawn congressional map Updated: Sep-19-15 12:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has offered his version of a redrawn congressional map in Virginia.