- Domestic violence, gun-control groups divided over gun bill Updated: Feb-06-16 10:43 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Advocates for domestic violence victims in Virginia who've long sought to toughen the state's gun laws are praising a rare compromise in Richmond that could finally shepherd into law a measure that would strip abusers of their gun rights.
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak Updated: Feb-05-16 4:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - JeQuan Lewis is one of those players that has to be told to shoot the basketball.
- Man charged in church attack plot pleads guilty Updated: Feb-05-16 3:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia man charged with plotting to shoot up or bomb synagogues and black churches has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and firearms charges.
- Virginia officer charged with murder in off-duty shooting Updated: Feb-05-16 1:28 pm
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Virginia judge has set bond for a police officer facing a murder charge in the off-duty shooting of an 18-year-old at a car wash.
- George Mason holds off Richmond with a 78-74 win Updated: Feb-03-16 10:57 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Jaire Grayer scored 20 points and Otis Livingston II added 18 as George Mason held on to beat Richmond 78-74 Wednesday night.
- Lacking execution drugs, Virginia eyes the electric chair Updated: Feb-03-16 5:42 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A proposal that would force inmates to die by electric chair if lethal injection drugs can't be found is gaining steam in Virginia, in part because of a looming execution scheduled for next month.
- River-protection group legally challenging wastewater vote Updated: Feb-01-16 3:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Environmental lawyers say they will challenge Virginia's approval of the discharge of millions of gallons coal ash wastewater into Quantico Creek and the Potomac River.
- VCU researchers size up toll, costs of opioid epidemic Updated: Jan-29-16 3:15 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Commonwealth University researchers say the state recorded nearly 1,000 fatal drug overdoses in 2014, most involving prescription painkillers or heroin.
- Altria 4Q revenue improves, plans job eliminations Updated: Jan-28-16 8:18 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Altria's fourth-quarter revenue improved thanks partly to higher tobacco product pricing, and the company announced a plan to reduce costs that includes job eliminations.
- Man charged in race plot pleads guilty to robbery conspiracy Updated: Jan-27-16 6:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of three Virginia men charged in an alleged plot to attack synagogues and black churches has pleaded guilty to a robbery conspiracy.
- Attorney urges court to rule in transgender student's favor Updated: Jan-27-16 3:11 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Public schools and courts across the country will be closely watching a Virginia case for guidance on restroom policies about gender and gender identity, a lawyer for a transgender teenager said Wednesday after a hearing before a Richmond-based federal appeals court.
- Richmond attorney announces bid for GOP AG nomination Updated: Jan-27-16 12:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The fight over who gets to be the Republican nominee in the 2017 Virginia attorney general race is ramping up.
- Neighborhoods: Shopping in Richmond, Virginia's Carytown Updated: Jan-26-16 8:06 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - So many shopping and dining areas are just like any other - chain stores and chain restaurants. Carytown breaks the mold.
- Aldridge scores 34 in Davidson's 78-70 win over Richmond Updated: Jan-25-16 9:31 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Peyton Aldridge scored a career-high 34 points to help lead Davidson to a 78-70 win over Richmond on Monday night.
- Gov. McAuliffe films scene for 'TURN: Washington's Spies' Updated: Jan-25-16 8:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is ready for his close-up.
- Virginians venture out to deal with snowstorm's aftermath Updated: Jan-25-16 5:11 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginians ventured out Monday to deal with the aftermath of a deadly winter storm that dumped more than 3 feet of snow in some places, although state government offices and many schools remained closed and officials warned that roads and highways still posed safety hazards.
- Snowstorm did not cause the feared widespread power outages Updated: Jan-25-16 1:20 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on the big weekend snowstorm in Virginia as residents began to dig out (all times local):
- Virginia says it lacks drugs needed for lethal injections Updated: Jan-25-16 10:39 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Corrections says it currently lacks enough of a drug to put to death the killer of a Richmond family.
- Amid storm, Virginia governor takes a spin on snowplow Updated: Jan-23-16 1:26 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe took a break from storm briefings and conference calls to give a pep talk to snowplow drivers and take a plow out for a quick spin.
- In snow-covered Richmond, a good Samaritan in 4-wheel drive Updated: Jan-23-16 11:58 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Mike Aliff is a four-wheel-drive good Samaritan.
- Ex-security guard convicted of involuntary manslaughter Updated: Jan-22-16 5:01 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former security guard charged in a fatal altercation with a customer at a Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center pharmacy has been found guilty.
- GOP wants easier access to guns for victims Updated: Jan-21-16 1:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on the General Assembly's session in Richmond (all times local):
- Transportation board approves $194M in contracts Updated: Jan-21-16 3:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Commonwealth Transportation Board has awarded seven contracts for projects totaling about $194 million.
- March 16 execution date set for Richmond family's killer Updated: Jan-19-16 3:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond circuit judge has set a March 16 execution date for a man convicted of murdering a family of four.
- Lawmakers go on fundraising frenzy before session Updated: Jan-19-16 12:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Want to know who gave your state delegate or senator money just before the legislative session started? Tough luck.