- US appeals court sets Va. same-sex case for May Updated: Mar-10-14 4:49 pm
- US appeals court sets Va. same-sex case for May Updated: Mar-10-14 3:21 pm
- Parents of Va. inmate who has cancer seek clemency Updated: Mar-10-14 6:38 am
- Convicted ex-Va. lawmaker says he remains upbeat Updated: Mar-09-14 3:29 pm
- Va. Cherokee tribe told to wait in recognition bid Updated: Mar-09-14 9:48 am
- Bills of note that passed in 2014 Va. session Updated: Mar-08-14 2:59 pm
- Va. principal sues parents for critical letter Updated: Mar-08-14 9:44 am
- Smithfield CEO surprised by reaction to China sale Updated: Mar-07-14 10:11 am
- Bill aimed at celebratory gunshots heads to Va gov Updated: Mar-07-14 8:59 am
- Feds: Dominion nuke plants operated safely in 2013 Updated: Mar-07-14 7:35 am
- Va. plans 1st K-9 Veterans Day observance Updated: Mar-07-14 3:26 am
- Graham's 18 lead VCU past Richmond, 56-50 Updated: Mar-07-14 12:15 am
- Correction: Virginia Lacrosse Slaying story Updated: Mar-06-14 6:08 pm
- Lawsuits revived by soldiers over waste disposal Updated: Mar-06-14 5:27 pm
- Va. ag, forestry exports hit record $2.85b in 2013 Updated: Mar-06-14 12:37 pm
- AP Exclusive: Va. executive mansion in disarray Updated: Mar-05-14 5:42 pm
- Shorthanded Spiders await visit from rival VCU Updated: Mar-05-14 1:26 pm
- Richmond FBI division gets new leader Updated: Mar-04-14 5:21 pm
- Official who investigated attack on senator quits Updated: Mar-04-14 3:20 pm
- Va. lawmakers present resolution to Byrd family Updated: Mar-04-14 3:16 pm
- Winter storm bears down on much of Virginia Updated: Mar-03-14 2:28 pm
- Va. National Guard staged for storm response Updated: Mar-03-14 9:32 am
- Va.'s coal-mining history to get an upgrade Updated: Mar-03-14 2:08 am
- Va. ag, forestry exports girdling the globe Updated: Mar-02-14 11:58 am
- Wilson's visit brings buzz to Cactus League Updated: Mar-01-14 3:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Arguments about Virginia's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage are scheduled to be heard in May by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals under an expedited schedule released Monday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court has tentatively scheduled May arguments on Virginia's constitutional ban on same-sex marriages.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond-area couple says their imprisoned son has terminal cancer and they want to bring him home.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Virginia legislator convicted of bribery and extortion says he doesn't believe he deserves to be in prison, but he remains upbeat.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Maybe they needed a celebrity - say, someone like Wayne Newton - to make their pitch.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Mental health, ethics reform, electric rates and Sunday hunting are some of the top bills emerging from the General Assembly.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The principal of a public middle school in Richmond is suing four parents for a letter critical of the school's leadership and climate.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Pork producer Smithfield Foods' CEO says he was taken aback by some of the reactions when the Virginia-based company agreed to be acquired by a Chinese firm last year.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A celebratory gunfire bill inspired by the tragic death of a Virginia boy last summer is heading to Gov. Terry McAuliffe.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Federal regulators say Dominion Virginia Power's two nuclear power plants operated in a manner that preserved public health and safety in 2013.
RICHMND, Virginia - Virginia is planning its first official commemoration of K-9 Veterans Day.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Treveon Graham had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Virginia Commonwealth rallied in the second half and outlasted undermanned Richmond 56-50 on Thursday night, sweeping the city rivalry for the season.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story March 4 about an appeals court affirming the second-degree murder conviction of former University of Virginia lacrosse player, The Associated Press reported the victim's family had sued U.Va. and athletics employees. That lawsuit had been withdrawn and a second one is still pending.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court on Thursday revived dozens of lawsuits by soldiers and others who claim they were harmed by improper waste disposal while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia farm and forestry exports reached a record $2.85 billion last year, with soybeans leading the way and China the prime destination.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The National Governors Association convention was fast approaching, promising an important stage for her politically ascendant husband. Organizers were pressing Gov. Bob McDonnell for details on his wife's part of the agenda, and he felt she was being distracted.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Three losses in four games have Richmond clinging to slim hopes of making the NCAA tournament, and their best hope for enhancing their postseason resume comes Thursday night when VCU comes calling.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Richmond Division has a new leader.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A state investigator who examined the events leading to an attack on a Virginia state senator by his son has resigned, complaining of interference by his superiors, according to a letter of resignation released Tuesday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia General Assembly on Tuesday presented a resolution honoring the life of the late U.S. Sen. Harry F. Byrd Jr. to members of his family, but most of the state's black lawmakers declined to participate.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Virginia was pelted Monday with a wintry mix of snow and sleet from the mountains to the coast that prompted school closings, flight cancellations and government agency closures.
RICHMOND, Virginia - More than 90 members of the Virginia National Guard and the Virginia Defense Force are staged and ready to help respond to the winter storm.
MIDLOTHIAN, Virginia - A piece of Virginia's coal-mining history will undergo a makeover this spring.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Farmer Kevin Engel grows soybeans, wheat, barley and corn across 17 counties in Virginia, but he's really a global businessman.
PEORIA, Arizona - John Hicks still knows the scouting report. The former Virginia catcher remembers that when Russell Wilson was at the plate he would try and hit the ball back up the middle. And when Wilson was on the mound at North Carolina State, he liked to throw his slider.