- More settlements approved for claims against former sheriff Updated: Oct-07-15 5:01 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - El Paso County has agreed to pay $120,000 to settle two claims against former Sheriff Terry Maketa and other department employees.
- 1 of 2 suspects arrested after homemade bombs found in park Updated: Oct-05-15 8:05 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Police have arrested a 22-year-old man after finding two homemade chemical bottle bombs in the Garden of the Gods parking lot in western Colorado Springs.
- 2 police cruisers hit in Colorado Springs Updated: Oct-03-15 10:59 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Several Colorado Springs police officers escaped injury when a car ran into their cruisers while the officers were investigating a domestic disturbance on the side of the road.
- Colorado Springs man shoots bear; bear later euthanized Updated: Oct-02-15 5:06 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials have euthanized a bear that had attempted to eat trash at a Colorado Springs home and was shot by the homeowner.
- Body of 18-year-old missing for 7 years found in chimney Updated: Sep-30-15 1:28 pm
WOODLAND PARK, Colorado - The remains of 18-year-old man reported missing seven years ago were found in the chimney of an abandoned cabin less than a mile from his home, and the details of his death are likely to stay mysterious, Colorado officials said Wednesday.
- City dismisses panhandling citations after ACLU complaint Updated: Sep-30-15 11:58 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs is considering changes to its panhandling ordinances after a complaint from the American Civil Liberties Union led to citation dismissals.
- Prosecutors dismiss case against man who filmed traffic stop Updated: Sep-25-15 9:33 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Prosecutors are no longer pursuing the case against a man who filmed officers pulling him from a vehicle and patting down his handcuffed brother during a stop over a cracked windshield.
- Colorado Springs tool maker could lay off half of workers Updated: Sep-23-15 11:33 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Hand tool manufacturer Western Forge may lay off about half of its workers at its Colorado Springs plant.
- Florida firefighters aid Colorado snake bite victim Updated: Sep-22-15 8:11 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A group of Fort Lauderdale firefighters were in the right place at the right time to save a Colorado woman who'd been bitten by a rattlesnake while walking her dog.
- Colorado Springs computer chip maker acquired Updated: Sep-20-15 1:46 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Atmel Corp., which employs about 1,000 workers in a computer chip manufacturing plant in Colorado Springs, has agreed to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor PLC in a $4.6 billion deal that is expected to be completed early next year.
- Memorial dedication in Colorado Springs for firefighters Updated: Sep-19-15 5:11 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A landmark to honor fallen firefighters from Canada and the United States is being dedicated Saturday in Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Springs delays vote, plans to alter sit-lie measure Updated: Sep-17-15 9:53 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs officials are delaying a vote and amending a proposed ban on sitting and lying in public rights-of-way.
- El Paso County authorities trying to identify body Updated: Sep-15-15 5:17 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Authorities in El Paso County are trying to identify the body of a man who was found July 27 north of Colorado Springs.
- USOC-Colorado Springs agreement benefits all Updated: Sep-13-15 2:40 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Paul Ruggeri has everything he needs in one place at the Olympic Training Center.
- Man suspected of ninth DUI in Colorado Springs Updated: Sep-09-15 10:54 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs police say they arrested a 53-year-old man suspected of his ninth DUI offense.
- Fort Carson soldier gets 2 years in prison for home arson Updated: Sep-08-15 10:51 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Fort Carson soldier who prosecutors say burned his Colorado Springs home last year to collect insurance money has been sentenced to two years in prison.