- Canoe displayed in Paisley, Oregon, dates to CCC times Updated: Sep-01-15 12:13 pm
PAISLEY, Oregon - Most people think the dugout canoe displayed in front of the Paisley Ranger Station was carved by Native Americans.
- Forest Grove middle school teacher accused of prostitution Updated: Sep-01-15 12:03 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Forest Grove middle school teacher has been arrested on prostitution and methamphetamine possession allegations.
- Deschutes County doesn't take blame for inmate's death Updated: Sep-01-15 11:41 am
BEND, Oregon - Deschutes County is denying responsibility for the December overdose death of an inmate in the county jail.
- Crews make good progress on large wildfire near John Day Updated: Sep-01-15 10:35 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Evacuation warnings remain for those threatened by a wildfire south of John Day, but mild weather helped crews fighting the blaze that has burned 165 square miles and destroyed 43 homes.
- Prize-winning state fair steer to go to food bank Updated: Sep-01-15 5:38 am
SALEM, Oregon - Now that his stint at the Oregon State Fair is over, a prize-winning steer will soon be feeding the needy.
- Wastewater dumped in Rogue River during power outage Updated: Sep-01-15 5:38 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A power outage in Grants Pass has caused 240,000 gallons of wastewater to be dumped into the Rogue River.
- Lane County, Willamette National Forest lifts campfire ban Updated: Sep-01-15 5:37 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Lane County and the Willamette National Forest are lifting their bans on campfires in the wake of cooler and wetter weather.
- Mayor of small Oregon town arrested for meth possession Updated: Aug-31-15 9:22 pm
JEFFERSON, Oregon - The Marion County Sheriff's office says the 68-year-old mayor of the small town of Idanha has been arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
- Riley's won over fans, so now can he win games at Nebraska? Updated: Aug-31-15 6:24 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Mike Riley's been coaching for 41 years, including three at the helm of an NFL team. But he has never worked at a place like Nebraska, where football is the biggest point of pride and a 365-day-a-year passion in this state of 1.8 million.
- Washington mom sentenced to 25 years in toddler abuse case Updated: Aug-31-15 5:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Washington woman who took her toddler daughter across state lines for sexual abuse was sentenced Monday to 25 years in prison.
- Oregon guardsman who helped stop train attack returns home Updated: Aug-31-15 4:59 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Ten days ago, Oregon Army National Guard specialist Alek Skarlatos helped stop a terrorist attack on a high-speed train traveling through Belgium. On Sunday night, he returned to Oregon, looking weary and dressed in plaid and khakis.
- In-home child care providers face unannounced inspections Updated: Aug-31-15 3:55 pm
BEND, Oregon - Under a new state rule, Oregon officials are showing up unannounced at homes of certain licensed child care providers.
- Salem City Council to weigh early marijuana sales Updated: Aug-31-15 2:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Salem City Council will have to decide whether to allow "early sales" of recreational marijuana.
- UO president turns to faculty to fill empty bookshelf Updated: Aug-31-15 2:03 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - New University of Oregon President Mike Schill has opened a new front in his charm offensive, asking UO faculty to bring books they've written to fill a broad, empty bookshelf in his office.
- 18-year-old charged in shooting death of Eugene teen Updated: Aug-31-15 10:22 am
EUGENE, Oregon - An 18-year-old has been charged with manslaughter and another person could be charged in connection with the shooting death of a Eugene teen at an apartment complex near Autzen Stadium.
- Portland sends off Angerer and Van Hollebeke with sellout Updated: Aug-31-15 12:57 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Thorns played Sunday night before their second sellout crowd of more than 21,000, though it was bittersweet.
- Dicky Pride wins Web.com Tour's Portland Open Updated: Aug-31-15 12:47 am
NORTH PLAINS, Oregon - Dicky Pride won the Web.com Tour's Portland Open on Sunday and earned a PGA Tour card with a fifth-place finish on the regular-season money list.
- Dennis Richardson rules out run for Oregon governor Updated: Aug-30-15 4:50 pm
BEND, Oregon - Former state Rep. Dennis Richardson says he won't run again for Oregon governor following his loss as the 2014 Republican candidate.
- Eastern Oregon fire destroys 2 more homes, guest house Updated: Aug-30-15 2:34 pm
JOHN DAY, Oregon - Firefighters on Sunday worked to stop the spread of a group of central Oregon wildfires that have grown to 159 square miles and destroyed two more homes and a guest house.
- Police: Oregon shooting victim lured to his death Updated: Aug-30-15 1:05 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities in Eugene say a man lured his ex-wife's boyfriend to a home where he shot him to death and then killed himself.
- Truck maker plans upgrade at central Oregon test facility Updated: Aug-30-15 12:41 pm
MADRAS, Oregon - A heavy-duty truck manufacturer says it will spend $18 million upgrading its research and development facility in central Oregon.
- Marine Corps duty was a 'higher calling' Updated: Aug-30-15 6:17 am
COOS BAY, Oregon - For some people, life is all about the experiences.
- Strong winds blamed for 2 deaths in Seattle area Updated: Aug-29-15 9:14 pm
SEATTLE - Powerful winds toppled trees and power lines across the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, causing two deaths in the Seattle area and knocking out electricity to nearly 500,000 customers.
- New central Oregon wildfire destroys 2 homes Updated: Aug-29-15 8:43 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A human-caused fire broke out at a state park campground in central Oregon and quickly grew to 200 acres Saturday, destroying two homes and several outbuildings.
- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement Updated: Aug-29-15 5:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nadine Angerer long ago started a bucket list of what she wants to do in retirement.