- 19 years for man who robbed tourists on Portland bridge Updated: Jul-29-15 9:46 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 27-year-old man who forced two California tourists to strip naked during a robbery on a Portland bridge has been sentenced to more than 19 years in prison.
- Oregon police release man thought to be behind letters Updated: Jul-29-15 8:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon State Police said Wednesday that investigators questioned and released a Eugene man believed to be responsible for suspicious letters sent to two dozen sheriff's offices this week.
- Astoria summer school helps children of migrant workers Updated: Jul-29-15 5:00 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Araceny Borja, 11, sat in a classroom at Astoria Middle School Thursday, only two months after she and her mother moved to the North Coast from Mexico for what she called "a better life."
- Portland man pleads guilty to art-forgery scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 4:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon man confessed to faking works created by well-known artists and selling some of the knockoffs to a gallery owner.
- Bend to revisit compensation for broken water main damage Updated: Jul-29-15 2:52 pm
BEND, Oregon - The city of Bend will consider whether to pay more for the damage caused to residents' homes by flooding from a broken water main.
- Portland fireworks hotline fizzles from overload Updated: Jul-29-15 1:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's Fourth of July hotline was supposed to let residents report illegal fireworks and give police better leads for enforcement.
- Activists rappel off Oregon bridge to stop Shell icebreaker Updated: Jul-29-15 12:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Environmental activists rappelled off Portland's tallest bridge early Wednesday in an effort to stop a Shell Oil Arctic icebreaker from leaving the city.
- Drought has city near Eugene imposing water restrictions Updated: Jul-29-15 11:04 am
OAKRIDGE, Oregon - Water restrictions in a city 40 miles southeast of Eugene are keeping residents from watering lawns and filling up swimming pools.
- Case of illegal frisking at McDonald Theatre gets dismissed Updated: Jul-29-15 10:58 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The case of a security worker charged with illegally frisking concertgoers at the McDonald Theatre in Eugene has been dismissed after the case's investigator didn't show up at trial.
- Driver caught after leading police 170 miles to Baker City Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 am
BOISE, Idaho - A driver is facing charges after he led police on a 170-mile chase from Mountain Home to Baker City, Oregon.
- Woman sues after falling through window while asleep Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 am
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon State University student is suing a Eugene property management company after she fell from a third-story window while asleep.
- Salvation Army sets up charging ports for Portland homeless Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Following the misdemeanor arrest of two homeless people in Portland for using an outdoor power outlet to charge their phones, Salvation Army workers have set up a cellphone charging station.
- Woman sues Fred Meyer pharmacy after receiving wrong drugs Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A woman who says she had to be taken to the emergency room after a Fred Meyer pharmacy employee gave her the wrong prescription has filed a lawsuit.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in mobile home shooting SE of Portland Updated: Jul-29-15 2:22 am
DAMASCUS, Oregon - The Clackamas County sheriff's office says one man was killed and another was injured during a mobile home park shooting in Damascus Tuesday night.
- Rescuers find woman who became disoriented on hike near Bend Updated: Jul-28-15 10:04 pm
BEND, Oregon - The Deschutes County sheriff's office says searchers have located a 35-year-old Portland woman who apparently fell and became disoriented while hiking alone in the Three Sisters Wilderness.
- Governor orders Oregon agencies to conserve water Updated: Jul-28-15 7:29 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon Gov. Kate Brown is ordering state agencies to cut back on their water use.
- Colombian national linked to North Dakota drug overdoses Updated: Jul-28-15 5:37 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - An international synthetic drug ring that has been blamed for numerous overdoses in the Grand Forks area involves a Colombian man who trafficked the deadly substances while serving a prison stint in Canada, federal authorities said Tuesday.
- FBI: Packages sent to Oregon sheriffs were not toxic Updated: Jul-28-15 4:43 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The FBI said Tuesday that no toxic substances have been found in letters sent to about 20 Oregon sheriffs or their offices.
- Google to possibly expand data center in The Dalles Updated: Jul-28-15 4:40 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Google is eying 23 acres of land for a potential expansion of its large data facility in The Dalles.
- Huskies' Chris Petersen not looking forward to Boise return Updated: Jul-28-15 4:05 pm
SEATTLE - These are the questions Chris Petersen would rather not face.
- Oregon governor signs bill allowing pot sales Oct. 1 Updated: Jul-28-15 2:19 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon will allow marijuana sales to adults beginning Oct. 1, nearly a year sooner than originally planned.
- New electric car quick-charging station opens in Portland Updated: Jul-28-15 1:22 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The largest lineup of electric car quick-charging stations in downtown Portland is open for business.
- Portlanders lax about paying annual arts tax, audit finds Updated: Jul-28-15 1:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Three years after the first arts tax payments arrived in the mail, nearly 200,000 Portlanders either haven't paid their first bill or filed paperwork claiming they are exempt from paying the $35 tax, according to a city audit released Tuesday.
- State seeks solutions to shipping woes at Hermiston workshop Updated: Jul-28-15 12:53 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - The recent withdrawal of nearly all container shipping at the Port of Portland has forced businesses throughout Oregon to choose between paying more for exports or risk losing customers overseas.
- Man accused of killing friend at Bend duplex Updated: Jul-28-15 11:26 am
BEND, Oregon - A man is facing a murder charge in the shooting death of his friend at a Bend duplex.