- Portland gunfire: Young man wounded, woman has close call Updated: Jul-08-15 12:38 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say a young man was shot multiple times but is expected to survive gunfire that also sent a bullet into the backpack of a 66-year-old woman who had just alighted from a bus.
- Ore. man, 26, injured in back flip at water recreation area Updated: Jul-07-15 10:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Marion County sheriff's spokesman says it took emergency crews nearly two hours to rescue a 26-year-old Salem, Oregon man, who tried to execute a back flip off some rocks at a remote water recreation site but fell about 25 feet, missing the water.
- Body found in Portland waterway is Washington man Updated: Jul-07-15 9:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Multnomah County sheriff's office says that a body found in the Willamette River near Portland's Broadway Bridge is that of a 43-year-old Vancouver, Washington man.
- Oregon session empowered Democratic Party's liberal wing Updated: Jul-07-15 9:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon will be the first state to automatically register drivers to vote and to give women access to 12 months of birth control at a time. Workers will get up to a week of paid sick leave. A controversial new global-warming initiative aims to reduce carbon pollution.
- Biologists: Second set of pups for wandering wolf OR-7 Updated: Jul-07-15 8:34 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Biologists have found evidence that Oregon's famous wandering wolf, OR-7, has fathered a second set of pups.
- Dam-removal plans on Evans Creek could start next week Updated: Jul-07-15 2:37 pm
WIMER, Oregon - Construction crews are planning to move into the Evans Creek drainage and dismantle Wimer Dam while they wait for a pending permit appeal blocking the demolition of Fielder Dam.
- Boys accused of setting ballpark on fire charged with arson Updated: Jul-07-15 2:06 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Four boys accused of playing with fire and starting a massive blaze that destroyed Eugene, Oregon's historic Civic Stadium are facing more serious charges.
- Junction City declares 'moderate' water emergency Updated: Jul-07-15 12:14 pm
JUNCTION CITY, Oregon - Like many of his neighbors, Junction City resident Tom Endersby found the notice hanging from his doorknob Monday morning, alerting him that the city had ordered homes and businesses to restrict their outdoor water use in order to conserve the capacity of municipal wells.
- Oregon troopers cleared in Grants Pass fatal shooting Updated: Jul-07-15 11:08 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities say two Oregon State Police troopers were deemed justified in the fatal shooting of an assault suspect in Grants Pass.
- Portland activist files for dismissal of sex-related charges Updated: Jul-07-15 10:29 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A prominent political fundraiser and gay rights activist is seeking to have multiple sex-related charges against him dismissed.
- It's the end for Pendleton's movie theater Updated: Jul-07-15 9:59 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Absent its usual line-up of summer blockbusters, the Pendleton Cinema marquee now depicts a short obituary.
- Lawmakers in Oregon vote to aid gay veterans, strippers Updated: Jul-07-15 3:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers gave an assist to gay veterans in the final hours of the 2015 legislative session.
- Kansas man gets life in prison in first-degree murder case Updated: Jul-07-15 2:52 am
MCPHERSON, Kansas - A McPherson man has been sentenced to life in prison in connection with the November death of a former Oregon resident.
- Oregon pharmacists will be able to prescribe birth control Updated: Jul-06-15 10:44 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon women will no longer have to visit a health clinic for a birth control prescription starting next year.
- The Latest: Oregon Legislature adjourns 2015 session Updated: Jul-06-15 9:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature is pressing to adjourn, perhaps as soon as Monday. Here's a look at the latest developments:
- Victim in fatal Salem, Ore., plane crash identified Updated: Jul-06-15 8:19 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The pilot killed in a single-fatality light plane crash at a Salem, Oregon, airport has been identified as a 60-year-old Salem businessman.
- Inspection spots 9th boat carrying zebra mussels this year Updated: Jul-06-15 7:28 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An inspection station in southern Oregon has found zebra mussels on a boat from Texas being hauled to Auburn, Washington.
- Suspect in officer stabbing under guard at Portland hospital Updated: Jul-06-15 7:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man suspected of stabbing a Portland police officer has been released from the hospital and booked into jail on a charge of attempted aggravated murder, authorities said Monday.
- Immigrant blames judicial error for previous deportation Updated: Jul-06-15 6:45 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An immigrant who took refuge at an Oregon church to avoid deportation should be allowed to stay in the U.S. because of a judicial error at a hearing more than a decade ago, his attorney said Monday.
- New technique to reduce pesticide use among hazelnut farmers Updated: Jul-06-15 2:35 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene-area hazelnut farmers starting to use pheromones to save crops and reduce pesticide use.
- Deschutes County gets new sheriff Updated: Jul-06-15 2:05 pm
BEND, Oregon - Deschutes County's newest sheriff is taking over amid an almost 7.5 percent budget increase, jail expansion and a lawsuit.
- Old Jacksonville church finally gets a bell Updated: Jul-06-15 1:49 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A bell can now be heard ringing in the belfry of the 1879 Presbyterian Church after a nearly 10-year absence.
- Oregon's Corner Creek fire now 15 percent contained Updated: Jul-06-15 1:49 pm
DAYVILLE, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Forestry reports some progress in containing a wildfire that has scorched 40 square miles and continues to burn actively on the west side of the South Fork John Day River.
- Oregon fish biologist rescues tiny fry stranded by drought Updated: Jul-06-15 12:56 pm
GOLD HILL, Oregon - Pete Samarin tramps up the dried bed of the Left Fork of Foots Creek, dust squirting with every step of his wading boots until he stops and squints into a shaded puddle the size of a welcome mat and barely much deeper.
- Man stabbed in Portland's Old Town Updated: Jul-06-15 11:32 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland Police are asking the public's help to find a person who stabbed a man in Old Town.