- Irish government agrees to sell its Aer Lingus stake to IAG Updated: May-26-15 6:51 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland intends to sell its 25 percent stake in the Aer Lingus airline to IAG after receiving guarantees that the parent company of British Airways will increase employment and air links with the United States, the government announced Tuesday.
- Ryanair beats forecasts again as annual profits rise 66 pct Updated: May-26-15 10:38 am
DUBLIN - Europe's leading budget airline Ryanair has beaten forecasts again, reporting full-year net profits of 867 million euros ($949 million), 66 percent higher than the year before.
- 'Bold' Ireland votes to legalize gay marriage in landslide Updated: May-23-15 6:25 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland's citizens have voted in a landslide to legalize gay marriage, electoral officials announced Saturday - a stunningly lopsided result that illustrates what Catholic leaders and rights activists alike called a "social revolution."
- Timeline of landmarks in Ireland's changing attitude to gays Updated: May-23-15 12:36 pm
DUBLIN - Gays in Ireland lived in the shadows for decades, lest they face ridicule, assault or even prison in Victorian times. Saturday's referendum result to legalize gay marriage represents a stunning triumph for gay rights activists following decades of struggle to gain greater rights and respect.
- Endo buying Par for $8B in push for generics, higher profit Updated: May-18-15 2:52 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Drugmaker Endo International PLC is climbing toward the top of the steadily consolidating generic medicine business with a deal to buy Par Pharmaceutical Holdings Inc. for about $8.05 billion.
- Ireland to host 2017 Women's Rugby World Cup Updated: May-13-15 10:41 am
DUBLIN - Ireland's hopes of hosting the Rugby World Cup for the first time in 2023 were boosted on Wednesday when it received the 2017 women's tournament.
- Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' takes satanic turn in 2nd season Updated: May-01-15 12:13 pm
ARDMORE STUDIOS, Ireland - John Logan, the creator, writer and show runner of Showtime's "Penny Dreadful," has a studio full of surprises in store for fans of the Victorian Gothic horror series. But the biggest one of all might be lurking in his own head.
- Head of famous Minnesota theater to depart after 2 decades Updated: Apr-30-15 7:23 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - To see the legacy Joe Dowling is leaving after 20 years as artistic director of one of the nation's premier regional theaters, look no further than the Mississippi River.
- Mylan raises offer for Perrigo to $34.1B, or $232 per share Updated: Apr-29-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Generic drugmaker Mylan raised its offer for over-the-counter medicines maker Perrigo Wednesday, but the Irish company again rejected Mylan's overture.