- Effort underway to revitalize 'Arkansas Grown' Updated: Apr-20-14 3:16 pm
- EXCHANGE: Couple starts online food order website Updated: Apr-20-14 1:22 pm
- DC business brews culture of kombucha fans Updated: Apr-20-14 10:20 am
- Mayor's menu filled up: 1 day, 24 restaurants Updated: Apr-20-14 12:26 am
- School food service workers learn healthy recipes Updated: Apr-19-14 5:58 pm
- Coffee shop work therapy for some veterans Updated: Apr-19-14 3:02 pm
- Police: 4 charged after vandalism, fight at party Updated: Apr-19-14 2:44 pm
- Bill could slow Florida craft beer industry growth Updated: Apr-19-14 11:02 am
- Court case to test Minnesota's 'Buy the Farm' law Updated: Apr-18-14 8:34 pm
- Whole Foods recalls croissants over undeclared egg Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- Oklahoma-based Sonic plans expansion over 10 years Updated: Apr-18-14 11:23 am
- Organic food firm coming to central Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-18-14 9:52 am
- Brewers seek to rekindle Belgium's love of beer Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 am
- Grant money increases for Michigan specialty crops Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Berea picked for Livable Communities competition Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Colorado advances edible marijuana restrictions Updated: Apr-17-14 9:50 pm
- 108th General Assembly adjourns for the year Updated: Apr-17-14 5:20 pm
- Construction ends at Biloxi's Golden Nugget Updated: Apr-17-14 8:15 am
- Omaha police to sit down to coffee with public Updated: Apr-17-14 5:05 am
- Va. boasts 240-plus farmers' markets Updated: Apr-17-14 3:05 am
- Wisconsin's Oneida tribe hosts food summit Updated: Apr-16-14 11:52 am
- Landmark Peru eatery coming back from tornado Updated: Apr-16-14 10:40 am
- Bake house invests time, love in artisan products Updated: Apr-16-14 10:22 am
- Take a stroll in these Istanbul neighborhoods Updated: Apr-16-14 10:08 am
- Riverton farmers market brings complaints Updated: Apr-16-14 9:17 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two months after Arkansas agricultural officials gathered at the Governor's Mansion to announce efforts to revitalize the "Arkansas Grown" program, nearly 150 farmers and buyers have added their names to a list of willing project participants.
GALESBURG, Illinois - Meals with a few mouse clicks - the ability to get local restaurant food online is forthcoming as a Galesburg couple recently launched their new food ordering and delivery service.
WASHINGTON - In a back room of Washington's Union Kitchen, Andreas Schneider and his co-workers fill 12-ounce glass bottles with a citrus-colored beverage.
JENKINTOWN, Pennsylvania - The mayor of a small town in the Philadelphia suburbs can offer a guarantee to his constituents: He won't be going to bed hungry.
DE PERE, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin chef is teaching school food service workers in the Green Bay area the art of preparing healthy meals from scratch.
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A Gainesville area coffee shop was created to help veterans by giving them a place to heal through work therapy.
IRASBURG, Vermont - Vermont State Police say four people are facing charges after a window was smashed and a fight broke out at a party in Irasburg.
SANTA ROSA BEACH, Florida - The fight between craft brewers and the distributors of Budweiser over the legalization of half-gallon beer containers has gotten so bitter that it is even being likened to extortion.
MINNEAPOLIS - A case set for trial next week is expected to test Minnesota's "Buy the Farm" law, which is meant to require utilities building high-voltage power lines to buy out farms in the way if affected landowners demand it.
AUSTIN, Texas - Whole Foods Markets is recalling mini butter croissants sold in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana because they contain eggs, an undeclared allergen.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma-based Sonic Corp. plans to open 1,000 new drive-in restaurants nationwide over the next 10 years, expanding the chain by about 30 percent, the company said.
DUBOIS, Pennsylvania - A company that specializes in premium and organic food and drink products plans to open a production facility in central Pennsylvania that's expected to create 100 jobs.
DWORP, Belgium - The ruby lettering on the front of the old corner pub "In de Welkom" has peeled almost beyond recognition. Owner Leza Wauters, a tough 87-year-old, is holding on to her business but can't say how much longer. Sooner or later, yet another bar with a warm "Welcome" will be gone.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan could receive nearly $2 million in federal block grants for specialty crops as a result of the U.S. farm bill.
BEREA, Kentucky - Berea is one of four Appalachian communities chosen for a program to help promote economic development, preserve rural lands and increase access to locally grown food.
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to widen a ban on certain types of edible marijuana advanced Thursday in the state House amid concerns that it could be too broad.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State lawmakers concluded a session Thursday in which they approved measures to allow folks to buy wine in grocery stores, fight methamphetamine production and give high school graduates free tuition at community colleges.
BILOXI, Mississippi - Construction that transformed the Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi over the past 16 months is coming to an end and a three-day party to celebrate its completion is about to begin.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Residents in and around Omaha's Benson community can get to know their local police officers a little better over coffee.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is seeing an explosion of farmers' markets.
ASHWAUBENON, Wisconsin - The Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin hopes to combat serious health problems among Native Americans by teaching other tribal members to farm and preserve their own food.
PERU, Indiana - B-K West is more than just a drive-in restaurant to its owner, J.D. Hann. It's a piece of his childhood, a historic Peru landmark, and it's his baby.
PITTSBURGH - Nick Ambeliotis speaks in terms of art when he talks about baking bread but acts like a patient investor.
ISTANBUL - Istanbul, the noisy metropolis on the Bosporus Strait lauded by many a travel ranking, has much more to offer than grand mosques and bazaars. Away from the din of typical tourist haunts, a walk around the neighborhoods of Karakoy, Balat and Kuzguncuk will peel back the surface to reveal the city's multilayered history, and the lifestyles of those who've lived it.
RIVERTON, Wyoming - Businesses and customers are complaining about options being discussed for a new farmers market location in Riverton.