- Indian soldier buried by avalanche saved; 9 bodies recovered Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier buried by an avalanche for six days in the Himalayan region of Kashmir has been found alive and was pulled from the snow, along with the bodies of nine other soldiers, officials said Tuesday.
- Snowmobiling a family affair for regional club Updated: Feb-07-16 4:07 pm
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - The sounds and smells in the hills north of Baker Lake rivaled those of an auto racetrack as snowmobilers prepared to take off along Forest Service Road 13.
- Lost Seattle hiker rescued from Mt. Hood Updated: Feb-03-16 3:17 am
SEATTLE - Search crews have rescued a Seattle hiker who spent one night on Mt. Hood after he got lost hiking near the Palmer Glacier.
- Researchers find source of 1964 devastating Alaska tsunami Updated: Feb-01-16 8:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Researchers from the U.S. Geological Survey have solved a 50-year natural science mystery: the undersea source of tsunami waves that devastated a remote Alaska village following the 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake.
- Authorities recover body of avalanche victim Updated: Jan-23-16 1:37 pm
DENVER - Authorities have recovered the body of a Denver-area man who went missing while hiking near St. Mary's Glacier.
- Crews search for missing hiker at St. Mary's Glacier Updated: Jan-18-16 1:26 pm
DENVER - Searchers are looking for a man reported missing after going for a hike at St. Mary's Glacier.
- Researchers: Small Colorado glacier could melt in 20 years Updated: Jan-12-16 6:42 pm
DENVER - A small glacier in the mountains west of Boulder, Colorado, could disappear in about 20 years because of regional climate warming and drought, and similar thawing could be underway elsewhere in Colorado's high country, researchers said Tuesday.