- Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center to implement new fees Updated: Apr-20-16 9:04 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Forest Service will start charging visitors for access to certain areas at the Mendenhall Glacier starting May 1.
- Correction: Stranded Skiers-Glacier story Updated: Apr-13-16 7:03 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - In stories April 12 and earlier about the rescue of stranded skiers in Alaska, The Associated Press, relying on information from the Alaska National Guard, reported erroneously the location where the skiers were rescued. They were on Harding Ice Field, not Bear Glacier.
- The Latest: National Guard revises glacier rescue location Updated: Apr-13-16 5:54 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on the rescue of two skiers stranded in Alaska for four days (all times local):
- Japan climber rescued from Alaska peak amid avalanche risk Updated: Apr-04-16 5:09 am
TALKEETNA, Alaska - A helicopter rescued an experienced Japanese climber from an Alaska mountain where spring storms had created significant avalanche risks.
- Bear attack redefined how survivor lives his life Updated: Apr-03-16 3:05 am
YAKIMA, Washington - If you ask Andy Stepniewski about himself, you'll get either a short answer or a change of subject. As one of Yakima County's foremost naturalists, he is fascinated by the world, its flora and fauna. He does not find himself particularly interesting.