- Iran lawmakers seek probe into alleged jail abuse Updated: Apr-22-14 11:31 am
- Anti-junta Myanmar journalist Win Tin dies at 85 Updated: Apr-20-14 10:49 pm
- Cambodia sends 13 to prison for insurrection plot Updated: Apr-11-14 5:37 am
- Vietnam dissident released, arrives in US Updated: Apr-07-14 6:29 pm
- US optimism ebbs over Myanmar reforms Updated: Apr-04-14 4:05 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Several Iranian lawmakers on Tuesday demanded a probe into alleged beatings of political prisoners held at Tehran's Evin prison, the official IRNA news agency reported.
YANGON, Myanmar - Win Tin, a prominent journalist who became Myanmar's longest-serving political prisoner after challenging military rule by co-founding the National League for Democracy, died Monday, He was 85.
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A Cambodian court on Friday sentenced 13 men to prison terms ranging from five to nine years for plotting to overthrow the government in a case that was criticized by a human rights group as a political setup.
WASHINGTON - A prominent Vietnamese dissident whose father was an associate of the nation's founding president Ho Chi Minh arrived in the U.S. Monday after being released from prison by Vietnam, the State Department said.
WASHINGTON - Two years after the United States announced the normalization of diplomatic relations with Myanmar, optimism in Washington over the nation's embrace of democracy is waning and concern over the plight of minority Muslims is growing.