- Vietnam sends blogger to prison for critical posts Updated: Mar-04-14 5:28 am
- Pussy Riot make comeback in Sochi during Olympics Updated: Feb-19-14 5:19 am
- Crimes against humanity in NKorea, UN panel finds Updated: Feb-14-14 3:34 pm
- Longtime Syria activist now negotiates peace Updated: Feb-14-14 6:26 am
- S. Sudan political detainees a 3rd group at talks Updated: Feb-13-14 11:06 am
- Institute accuses ex-labor camp boss of 115 deaths Updated: Feb-11-14 7:55 am
HANOI, Vietnam - A dissident blogger was sentenced to two years in prison Tuesday for posting online criticism of Vietnam's authoritarian government, drawing an immediate rebuke from the United States.
SOCHI, Russia - Some marvel at their brazen nerve. Others condemn the young women as anarchic and enemies of the state.
WASHINGTON - A U.N. panel has found that crimes against humanity have been committed in North Korea and will call for an international criminal investigation, The Associated Press has learned.
GENEVA - As a human rights lawyer and longtime pro-democracy activist in Syria, Suheir Atassi once said she would never negotiate with President Bashar Assad's government.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Political prisoners taken into custody shortly after massive violence broke out in South Sudan say they want to take a seat at peace talks as an independent, third group.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian agency has accused the former commander of a labor camp of crimes against humanity for the deaths of 115 political prisoners.