- Senators owner, donor doing well after liver transplant Updated: May-21-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is recovering well after his liver transplant. All his donor wants in return is for the team to win the Stanley Cup.
- Student back in school, with gym teacher who gave her kidney Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
DETROIT - An 18-year-old returned to her Detroit high school Tuesday with a new kidney, donated by her gym teacher.
- Senators owner, hopeful of liver transplant, thanks public Updated: May-18-15 4:36 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk thanked the public for its support Monday in what he calls the "biggest battle" of his life - his urgent appeal for a liver transplant.
- Polish doctors perform rare throat-area transplant Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish surgeons said Monday they have successfully performed a rare and extensive transplant of the throat area.
- Mayo surgeon celebrated for 1,000th liver transplant Updated: May-01-15 10:41 am
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Co-workers and others are celebrating a Mayo Clinic surgeon who has reached a life-saving milestone.
- Family who lost teen son meets woman who received his heart Updated: Apr-30-15 3:59 am
ATLANTA - A Georgia family who lost their teenage son in a car wreck the day before his graduation met the woman received his heart.
- Local group hopes to raise awareness about organ donation Updated: Apr-26-15 11:26 am
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Just eight years ago, Jim Knight was in need of a pancreas and kidney transplant. But through the selfless act of charity, Knight received the two organs necessary to return to living a healthy, productive and normal life.
- Hopeful community hosts event to find bone marrow match Updated: Apr-25-15 12:27 pm
ATLANTA - In addition to other weekend events in the city of Atlanta, a "swab" project was held for Dr. William Dablah, an anesthesiologist at Piedmont Newnan Hospital.