- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Double transplant in Stanford gives women new organs Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
STANFORD, California - A rare "domino" transplant in Stanford has provided new organs to two women.
- Study backs pancreas cell transplants for severe diabetes Updated: Apr-18-16 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Transplants of insulin-producing pancreas cells are a long hoped-for treatment for diabetes - and a new study shows they can protect the most seriously ill patients from a life-threatening complication of the disease, an important step toward U.S. approval.
- Woman fights Russian law on organ removal without consent Updated: Apr-15-16 7:16 am
When Elena Sablina's daughter Alina was killed in a car crash in Moscow two years ago, she was devastated.
- Florida hospital suspends kidney transplants amid overhaul Updated: Apr-09-16 4:46 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - A hospital in southwest Florida has suspended its kidney transplant center as it overhauls the surgical program.
- UAB to research pig-to-human kidney transplants Updated: Apr-08-16 3:00 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The University of Alabama at Birmingham is joining a select group of schools that are researching the possibility of using genetically modified pig tissue for human kidney transplants.
- Louisiana, Alabama families meet after heart transplant Updated: Apr-07-16 8:57 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Emotions, adrenaline and uneasiness abounded as Jonathan and Holley Perry traveled from Monroe, Louisiana, to east Alabama to meet Tucker, Amanda and Davis Boswell for the first time.
- Mother hears son's heart beat in transplant recipient Updated: Apr-05-16 3:16 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A North Dakota mother has had a chance to hear her late son's heart beat inside a Nebraska transplant recipient.