- Polish doctors perform rare throat-area transplant Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish surgeons said Monday they have successfully performed a rare and extensive transplant of the throat area.
- Mayo surgeon celebrated for 1,000th liver transplant Updated: May-01-15 10:41 am
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Co-workers and others are celebrating a Mayo Clinic surgeon who has reached a life-saving milestone.
- Family who lost teen son meets woman who received his heart Updated: Apr-30-15 3:59 am
ATLANTA - A Georgia family who lost their teenage son in a car wreck the day before his graduation met the woman received his heart.
- Local group hopes to raise awareness about organ donation Updated: Apr-26-15 11:26 am
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Just eight years ago, Jim Knight was in need of a pancreas and kidney transplant. But through the selfless act of charity, Knight received the two organs necessary to return to living a healthy, productive and normal life.
- Hopeful community hosts event to find bone marrow match Updated: Apr-25-15 12:27 pm
ATLANTA - In addition to other weekend events in the city of Atlanta, a "swab" project was held for Dr. William Dablah, an anesthesiologist at Piedmont Newnan Hospital.
- Toddler has no kidneys; family hopes for transplant Updated: Apr-18-15 12:00 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - Josh and Janna Ferrell said they could not imagine what raising a child with health problems would be like.
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita Updated: Apr-16-15 9:22 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Patients who have kidney transplants at the University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City are now able to get some related treatments in Wichita.
- FDA approves new type of heart failure drug from Amgen Updated: Apr-15-15 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Patients with chronic heart failure, a disabling, deadly disease that worsens as the heart gradually pumps less efficiently, are getting a much-needed new option with U.S. approval Wednesday of a novel drug from Amgen Inc.
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics marks 5K transplants Updated: Apr-14-15 6:13 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Officials say doctors at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics have performed their 5,000th organ transplant.
- Hospital optimistic after car window plea lands kidney donor Updated: Apr-10-15 5:36 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Hospital officials said they're optimistic they can overcome the remaining medical and legal hurdles in a kidney transplant case whose donor was found through an ad on a car window.
- Packers player becomes face of organ donation effort Updated: Apr-05-15 3:34 pm
MILWAUKEE - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb is trying to raise awareness of organ donation.
- KCJJ radio host in Iowa gets help to offset medical costs Updated: Apr-05-15 12:02 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A radio host in the Iowa City area is getting a little help from his friends to offset medical costs from a recent liver transplant.