- Heart transplants drop in Ohio since policy change Updated: Mar-02-14 2:58 pm
- Centralizing organ removal may benefit transplants Updated: Feb-25-14 10:22 am
- Fund established in honor of Watertown 'superhero' Updated: Feb-23-14 11:06 am
- Stricker to Match Play after brother gets liver Updated: Feb-15-14 5:12 pm
- Stricker likely to miss Match Play next week Updated: Feb-11-14 4:15 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The number of heart transplants performed in Ohio fell last year to its lowest level since 1989 as more of the vital organs leave the state than come in.
For decades, surgeons have traveled to far-off hospitals to remove organs from brain-dead donors and then rushed back to transplant them. Now an experiment in the Midwest suggests there may be a better way: Bring the donors to the doctors instead.
WATERTOWN, Connecticut - Every Wednesday, Eric Steele walked into the Legends Superheros comic book shop in Middlebury to stock up on issues of "X-Men," ''Green Lantern" and his favorite, "Spiderman." To those who knew him, Steele, 30, was a superhero unto himself.
LOS ANGELES - Steve Stricker said Saturday he is going to the Match Play Championship now that his brother had a successful liver transplant.
LOS ANGELES - Steve Stricker is likely to miss the Match Play Championship next week because his older brother is awaiting a liver transplant at home in Wisconsin.