- Face transplants thriving 2 years after operations Updated: Dec-04-13 3:20 pm
- Missoula brothers undergo lung transplants Updated: Nov-30-13 2:07 pm
- Mother, 2 sons, thankful for 3 heart transplants Updated: Nov-28-13 5:53 pm
- Gov't to keep ban on paying bone marrow donors Updated: Nov-27-13 3:24 am
- Obama lifts research ban on HIV organ transplants Updated: Nov-21-13 5:05 pm
- AP IMPACT: Seeking lung donors after at-home death Updated: Nov-17-13 12:17 pm
- UA student awaits bone marrow transplant Updated: Nov-10-13 9:22 am
CHICAGO - The nation's first full face transplant patients are growing into their new appearances - literally.
MISSOULA, Montana - For the first time since he was about 7 years old, J.D. Cross walked more than 20 feet on a recent Sunday without having to take a break or rely on an oxygen tank.
SAN MARCOS, California - Last Thanksgiving, Deanna Kremis was in heart failure and could barely get off the couch - and her two teenage sons knew exactly how she felt.
WASHINGTON - Could paying for bone marrow cells really boost the number of donors? The Obama administration is taking steps to block a federal court ruling that had opened a way to find out.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has lifted a ban on research into the possibility of transplanting organs from one HIV-positive person to another.
The pair of lungs sits inside a clear dome, gently inflating as doctors measure how well they'll breathe if implanted into a patient who desperately needs a new set.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Friends and family of University of Alabama student Ashley Roberts are hoping to help her get through an upcoming bone marrow transplant by raising money to cover costs associated with the procedure.