- Johns Hopkins approved for HIV-positive organ transplants Updated: Feb-08-16 2:45 pm
BALTIMORE - Johns Hopkins Medicine has recently received approval to perform organ transplants between HIV-positive donors and recipients.
- 4th patient infected during mold outbreak at hospital dies Updated: Feb-07-16 2:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - A fourth transplant patient who contracted a fungal infection during a mold outbreak at a western Pennsylvania hospital has died, officials said Sunday.
- Kidney from boss means life for Burlington woman Updated: Feb-07-16 10:27 am
WEST BURLINGTON, Iowa - Despite a failing kidney that drained her energy, stiffened her joints and forced her on dialysis, Burlington resident Samantha Ripple never asked anyone for a kidney transplant.
- Prosecutor: Girl texted with college man before stabbing Updated: Feb-04-16 7:30 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Two Virginia Tech students carefully planned the kidnapping and killing of a 13-year-old girl, arranging a pre-dawn rendezvous online after buying cleaning supplies and a shovel at separate Wal-Mart stores, a prosecutor alleged Thursday.
- AP Exclusive: Medics beat blizzard to make transplant happen Updated: Jan-26-16 10:58 pm
STONY BROOK, New York - Melanie Chirichella had been waiting a year and a half for a kidney transplant when she finally got the call from her doctors Saturday that they had found a perfect match in South Carolina.
- Patient needing lung transplant, hospital transfer dies Updated: Jan-16-16 11:49 am
MIAMI - A woman needing a lung transplant has died after her family says they tried to have her transferred to Jackson Memorial Hospital and were denied.
- United CEO says he's leaving hospital after heart transplant Updated: Jan-15-16 3:26 pm
CHICAGO - United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz says he is going home from the hospital nine days after a heart transplant.