- LDS leader: incursions on religious freedom Updated: Apr-20-14 9:34 am
- Syria's Assad visits recaptured Christian village Updated: Apr-20-14 9:32 am
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter Updated: Apr-20-14 9:31 am
- Gunmen kill police captain, conscript near Cairo Updated: Apr-20-14 8:58 am
- Thousands celebrate Easter in Holy Land Updated: Apr-20-14 8:10 am
- Attacks kill at least 15 people in Iraq Updated: Apr-20-14 8:02 am
- Easter worship at ex-church that became nightclub Updated: Apr-20-14 4:04 am
- Replica of 'Pieta' sculpture draws Easter visitors Updated: Apr-19-14 7:19 pm
- Holy fire ceremony draws thousands in Jerusalem Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 pm
- Pope seeks to bring faith to "ends of the Earth" Updated: Apr-19-14 4:56 pm
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle Updated: Apr-19-14 2:05 pm
- Nigeria preacher: Healer or controversial leader? Updated: Apr-19-14 11:40 am
- Islamic society event offers cultural education Updated: Apr-19-14 9:29 am
- Religion builds bridges in ethnically split Cyprus Updated: Apr-19-14 6:40 am
- Atheist national conference aims at Mormon church Updated: Apr-18-14 8:28 pm
- Former priest charged with stealing from church Updated: Apr-18-14 6:15 pm
- Pensive pope at Good Friday Colosseum procession Updated: Apr-18-14 5:44 pm
- New Jersey woman sues over '8THEIST' license plate Updated: Apr-18-14 3:55 pm
- St. Louis priest charged with child sex crimes Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 pm
- Corvallis priest accused in child pornography case Updated: Apr-18-14 3:22 pm
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out Updated: Apr-18-14 2:56 pm
- Christians mark Good Friday in the Holy Land Updated: Apr-18-14 1:52 pm
- Atlanta residents object to planned priests' home Updated: Apr-18-14 12:34 pm
- Pakistan library named 'bin Laden' as memory fades Updated: Apr-18-14 10:58 am
- Blagojevich campaign account donates final dollars Updated: Apr-18-14 10:46 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A high-ranking Mormon leader says protections of religious freedom of speech are eroding.
BEIRUT - Syria's president marked Easter with a tour Sunday of an ancient Christian village recently recaptured by his forces, state media said, as the country's Greek Orthodox Patriarch vowed that country's Christians "will not submit and yield" to extremists.
VATICAN CITY - Marking Christianity's most hopeful day, Pope Francis made an Easter Sunday plea for peace and dialogue in Ukraine and Syria, for an end to terrorist attacks against Christians in Nigeria and for more attention to the hungry and neediest close to home.
CAIRO - Gunmen killed a police captain and a conscript in a firefight on a desert road outside Cairo on Sunday, the Interior Ministry said, in the second such attack in three days to target Egypt's security services.
JERUSALEM - Thousands of pilgrims from around the world are celebrating Easter in the Holy Land, commemorating the day when according to Christian tradition Jesus was resurrected in Jerusalem two millennia ago.
BAGHDAD - A series of attacks, including a coordinated assault on a private Shiite college in Baghdad, killed at least 15 people and wounded nearly 50 others in Iraq on Sunday, officials said.
PONTIAC, Michigan - Easter is marking the re-opening of a Pontiac church that went through several years as a nightclub.
PHOENIX - The spirit of Michelangelo's "Pieta" sculpture is being felt this Easter weekend thousands of miles away from Vatican City - outside a Phoenix charity's dining hall.
JERUSALEM - The dark hall inside Christianity's holiest shrine was illuminated with the flames from thousands of candles on Saturday as worshippers participated in the holy fire ceremony, a momentous spiritual event in Orthodox Easter rites.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis baptized 10 people Saturday and urged them to bring their faith "to the ends of the Earth" as he presided over an Easter Vigil in St. Peter's Basilica.
TRES RIOS, Costa Rica - On a warm spring day, Floribeth Mora was in her bed waiting to die from a seemingly inoperable brain aneurysm when her gaze fell upon a photograph of Pope John Paul II in a newspaper.
LAGOS, Nigeria - It's Sunday, and 15,000 people are seated in the enormous arena-like church, fanning themselves against the dusty humid air in Nigeria.
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Islamic Society of Frederick's youth club members born in the United States or who came to America at a young age don't know a lot about their native countries. An event held this month by the recently organized group seemed to make a lot of progress in filling the education void.
FAMAGUSTA, Cyprus - An unexpected moment during the Good Friday service in a long-abandoned church in Cyprus' breakaway north illustrated how religion is helping to bring together Christian Greek Cypriots and Muslim Turkish Cypriots on this ethnically divided island.
SALT LAKE CITY - Leaders of a national atheist group say the best spot to find a nonbeliever is in a place of faith.
HAVRE, Montana - A former Havre priest has denied federal charges that allege he took nearly $65,000 from St. Jude Thaddeus Church.
ROME - Desperate migrants, suicidal failed business owners, battered women, torture victims and all people suffering in the world were remembered at a torch-lit Good Friday Way of the Cross procession presided over by Pope Francis at the Colosseum.
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey woman who says she was denied a license plate referencing atheism filed suit this week, claiming her online application was rejected because it was deemed potentially offensive.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis priest previously accused of felony child endangerment and witness tampering in Lincoln County has been charged with first-degree sodomy involving another child.
ALBANY, Oregon - A 39-year-old priest in Corvallis has been arrested on child pornography charges.
LOS ANGELES - Social media has been buzzing for weeks with jokes about how, this year, Easter Sunday shares the calendar with the pot-lover's highest holiday: April 20, or 420 in stoner lingo. Pot-smokers have long celebrated on the date by lighting up for reasons not quite clear.
JERUSALEM - Christians in the Holy Land have commemorated the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in Good Friday prayers and processions through Jerusalem's Old City.
ATLANTA - Residents are objecting to the Archdiocese of Atlanta's plans to renovate a house in the city's upscale Buckhead neighborhood so it can be a home for a group of priests in the latest dust-up involving the home.
ISLAMABAD - Most didn't notice the new library at this Islamic seminary for girls near Pakistan's capital, until locals saw the paper sign in Urdu posted on its wooden door: "Library of Osama bin Laden, the Martyr."
THIRD LAKE, Illinois - A federal campaign account for imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is now empty, two years into the Chicago Democrat's prison term.