- Honduras prosecutor unaware of US money laundering case Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 pm
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Honduras' top prosecutor says he has no information about allegations of money laundering laid out in a U.S. indictment against three members of one of the country's most powerful business families.
- Ugandan soccer federation investigated for money laundering Updated: Oct-07-15 8:35 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Ugandan soccer federation is being investigated by the country's financial crimes authority for money laundering.
- Man who was fugitive for 16 years is now headed to prison Updated: Oct-06-15 12:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a man who was a fugitive for 16 years is now headed to prison.
- Court keeps passport of ex-IMF chief Rato in fraud case Updated: Oct-06-15 9:22 am
MADRID - A Spanish magistrate has withdrawn the passport of former International Monetary Fund chief Rodrigo Rato, who is under investigation for alleged tax fraud, money laundering and corruption.
- Romanian PM survives no-confidence vote amid graft trial Updated: Sep-29-15 2:44 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister on Tuesday survived a parliamentary no-confidence vote, as expected, a week after the start of his corruption trial.
- Prosecutor links figure in Chinatown probe to 2006 slaying Updated: Sep-28-15 6:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The government has evidence that a man charged in a money laundering and corruption probe centered in San Francisco's Chinatown also arranged a 2006 slaying, a federal prosecutor said Monday.
- Romania: 2 senior politicians indicted for money laundering Updated: Sep-28-15 11:13 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian anti-corruption prosecutors say two senior politicians from the opposition Liberal Party will face trial on money laundering charges.
- Argentine voters focused on economy, not corruption Updated: Sep-28-15 10:29 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The corruption allegations against several top government officials are stunning: The convicted killer of three men alleges that the Cabinet chief ordered the hit, the vice president is being tried for bribery and authorities are investigating a possible money laundering scheme at a luxury hotel owned by President Cristina Fernandez.
- Raid of Rentboy.com by Homeland Security stirs anger Updated: Sep-27-15 12:11 pm
NEW YORK - Starting with the name, there was never anything discreet about the website Rentboy.com.
- US returns woman to face fraud charges in China Updated: Sep-24-15 7:40 am
BEIJING - A Chinese woman who served a U.S. prison term for money laundering was returned to China on Thursday, authorities said, just ahead of a meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Legislative leaders: Auditor Troy Kelley should resign Updated: Sep-23-15 6:38 pm
SEATTLE - Washington legislative leaders sent a letter Wednesday to embattled state Auditor Troy Kelley calling for his immediate resignation.
- 7 arrested in San Antonio heroin ring linked to barber shops Updated: Sep-23-15 8:29 am
SAN ANTONIO - Federal investigators say seven people have been arrested in a heroin ring allegedly operating since 1998 and linked to San Antonio barber shops.
- Romanian prime minister's corruption trial begins Updated: Sep-21-15 11:12 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - The Romanian prime minister's corruption trial began on Monday as the opposition prepared a no-confidence vote that will be held next week.
- Romania's prime minister indicted on corruption charges Updated: Sep-17-15 11:50 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian prosecutors on Thursday formally indicted Prime Minister Victor Ponta on corruption charges, including tax evasion and money-laundering, and said he will be tried by the country's top court.
- Mississippi woman indicted on 19 counts in Ponzi scheme Updated: Sep-17-15 10:20 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Six families gave a woman over $1 million in a Ponzi scheme based in Mississippi and California, according to federal indictments returned in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Ex-Texas bakery official also guilty, nearly $17M fraud Updated: Sep-16-15 8:06 pm
DALLAS - A former Texas fruitcake company executive has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for embezzling nearly $17 million from the company.
- Numbers stack up in American, Swiss FIFA corruption cases Updated: Sep-14-15 4:14 pm
ZURICH - Four months after stunning arrests and raids rocked FIFA, there could yet be four years until the final criminal trial is heard.
- Former state senator convicted of felony runs again Updated: Sep-10-15 6:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former Louisiana state senator who served a 37-month sentence for money laundering is asking to be forgiven - and re-elected.
- Former state Sen. Derrick Shepherd qualifies for House race Updated: Sep-10-15 5:43 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former state senator who served a 37-month sentence for money laundering is again seeking office.
- Caesars Palace fined $9.5M for lax money laundering scrutiny Updated: Sep-08-15 12:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Caesars Palace in Las Vegas is being fined $9.5 million by federal and state regulators for not taking steps to prevent money laundering in the casino.