- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 am
PHILADELPHIA - The banner moments of this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup belong to Panama.
- Gulfport man set sentenced in drug conspiracy Updated: Jul-23-15 4:28 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Gulfport man has been sentenced to time served for his role in a conspiracy to distribute the prescription anti-anxiety medication Xanax and a non-narcotic anabolic steroid.
- Feds: 2 men traveled to Philippines for murder-for-hire plot Updated: Jul-22-15 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - Two North Carolina men were arrested Wednesday on charges that they carried out a contract killing, allegedly leaving a woman dead on a garbage pile in the Philippines before each collected a portion of their $35,000 fee.
- Montana man sentenced in case alleging $70M in phone charges Updated: Jul-17-15 4:45 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A federal judge sentenced a Montana man Friday to two years in prison after prosecutors said he tricked people into paying as much as $70 million in unauthorized charges that were placed on phone bills nationwide.
- UN: Criminal groups fund 25 percent of Guatemala's politics Updated: Jul-16-15 7:53 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A quarter of the money fueling Guatemalan politics comes from criminal organizations, primarily drug traffickers, according to a report released Thursday by a United Nations commission.
- Vegas firm executive pleads not guilty in $1.5B fraud case Updated: Jul-13-15 3:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former Las Vegas investment company chief has pleaded not guilty to fraud and money laundering charges in a case alleging he and two other men bilked thousands of Japanese investors out of some $1.5 billion.
- Romania prime minister indicted in corruption investigation Updated: Jul-13-15 3:37 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian prosecutors indicted Prime Minister Victor Ponta on Monday as part of a wide-ranging corruption investigation and seized his assets, increasing pressure on him to resign.
- Former gov't official arrested in Portuguese corruption case Updated: Jul-10-15 6:53 am
LISBON, Portugal - Another former senior member of Portugal's Socialist Party became the latest ex-government official to be arrested in a corruption investigation that has seen a former prime minister held in prison.
- Mickelson refuses to comment on money-laundering allegations Updated: Jul-08-15 6:54 pm
GULLANE, Scotland - Five-time major champion Phil Mickelson refused to comment on allegations linking him to an illegal gambling operation, saying Wednesday he is used to being an "object to be discussed."
- CONCACAF ends corporate partnership with Traffic Sports USA Updated: Jul-07-15 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - In the latest fallout from the U.S. federal investigation into soccer corruption, the sport's governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean ended its corporate partnership agency relationship with Traffic Sports USA, two months after the company pleaded guilty to a fraud charge.
- Ex-state senator facing up to 20 years on racketeering Updated: Jul-02-15 3:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A former California state senator - once considered a leading candidate for a statewide office - is facing up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to a racketeering charge in an organized crime case centered in San Francisco's Chinatown.
- Ex-Mexican cartel leader gets 30 years prison in US Updated: Jun-30-15 4:01 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - A former leader of Mexico's notorious Gulf drug cartel has been sentenced to 30 years in a U.S. prison and fined $100 million.