- West Texas businessman pleads guilty to $100M shoes scam Updated: Aug-29-15 11:44 am
EL PASO, Texas - A West Texas businessman faces up to 20 years in prison for a $100 million trade scam involving shoes smuggled to Mexico without paying taxes.
- Money laundering probe in case of Argentine prosecutor Updated: Aug-28-15 8:20 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge on Friday authorized a money laundering probe involving the prosecutor who died mysteriously while investigating the bombing of a Jewish center.
- Secretary of state charged with theft, money laundering Updated: Aug-28-15 7:44 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's Democratic attorney general on Friday charged Republican Secretary of State Dianna Duran with embezzlement, fraud, money laundering and campaign finance violations, further widening a rift between the two over enforcement of the state's laws governing campaigns.
- Judge won't toss charges in Chinatown racketeering case Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge refused Thursday to throw out a racketeering case against a man arrested in a money laundering and corruption probe centered in San Francisco's Chinatown that also led to charges against a California state senator.
- Indictment: Doctor used phantom workers to launder earnings Updated: Aug-25-15 5:20 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - State authorities say a New Jersey doctor took part in a scheme that used more than two dozen "phantom employees" to help him launder $3.6 million in earnings and avoid paying taxes.
- Political watchdog board approves hefty campaign fines Updated: Aug-20-15 7:40 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's political watchdog agency approved large fines Thursday against two state senators and a campaign committee that spent $3.3 million backing Gov. Jerry Brown in 2010.
- Ex-mayoral aide sentenced in money laundering scheme Updated: Aug-20-15 6:07 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A former Birmingham mayoral aide has been sentenced to prison in a money laundering scheme.
- Grandview businessman sentenced to 6 years for extortion Updated: Aug-17-15 2:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The owner of a suburban Kansas City lawn care company has been sentenced to six years in federal prison for a $3 million extortion and money-laundering scheme.
- Massachusetts man charged with fraud, money laundering Updated: Aug-14-15 2:02 pm
SALEM, Massachusetts - A North Shore contractor has been indicted on 78 counts including fraud to money laundering.
- Bank of China money-laundering trial to begin in March Updated: Aug-05-15 2:41 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - A $5 billion money-laundering trial of the Bank of China and 297 other defendants in Italy is scheduled to begin in March, deputy public prosecutor Giulio Monferini said Wednesday.
- Romania court rejects appeal by Lukoil manager in fraud case Updated: Aug-05-15 7:13 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian court has rejected an appeal by the general manager and six executives of a subsidiary of Russian oil company Lukoil who have been indicted on tax evasion and money laundering charges.