- The Latest: Video threat tied to Ohio U includes gun image Updated: Apr-29-16 10:59 am
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):
- Hacked: After bizarre video Tunsil's NFL draft stock drops Updated: Apr-29-16 7:46 am
Laremy Tunsil tumbled down the NFL draft board Thursday night after a bizarre video of him was posted on his Twitter account minutes before the start of the proceedings, potentially costing the offensive lineman millions of dollars.
- Column: Biggest loser in Round 1 of draft is Ole Miss Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
CHICAGO - We won't know who won Round 1 of the 2016 NFL draft for a season or two.
- QBs Goff and Wentz soar, OT Tunsil takes bizarre tumble Updated: Apr-29-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - California love for Jared Goff, and Philadelphia pride for Carson Wentz.
- The Latest: 5 Ohio State players selected in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Latest on the first day of the NFL draft (all times local):
- Laremy Tunsil's slide in draft ends when Dolphins pick him Updated: Apr-28-16 11:46 pm
MIAMI - Tackle Laremy Tunsil's surprising and costly slide in the NFL draft ended with the 13th pick Thursday, where he was taken by the Miami Dolphins.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- The Latest: Businessman withdraws reward in Ohio shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 5:26 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - The Latest on the developments in the killings of eight family members in southern Ohio (all times local):
- Mom convicted of creating public nuisance for Facebook post Updated: Apr-28-16 5:02 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A New Mexico woman has been convicted of creating a public nuisance by posting an online comment about the possibility of a shooting at her son's middle school.
- Comcast buying DreamWorks Animation for about $3.55B Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is buying DreamWorks Animation, the film company behind the "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises, for approximately $3.55 billion, strengthening its presence in the important and growing business of children's entertainment.
- Instagram videos lead to arrest in reckless driving case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a man's own Instagram videos led to his arrest in a reckless driving investigation.
- Trump rally in Rhode Island leads to assault charges Updated: Apr-28-16 11:29 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Two men who allegedly tussled and spit at each other during a Donald Trump rally in Rhode Island have been charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct.
- Georgia couple sues Snapchat over car crash Updated: Apr-28-16 9:43 am
GRIFFIN, Georgia - A Georgia couple is suing Snapchat, claiming that the social media app's "speed filter" tempted a woman to drive too fast and to cause a crash that injured the husband.
- Cruz' ex co-chair in Virginia heads to Syria, praises Assad Updated: Apr-27-16 8:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sen. Ted Cruz's former campaign co-chairman in Virginia has traveled to Syria and promised support for the government of President Bashar Assad, who U.S. officials have repeatedly said has lost the legitimacy to rule the war-torn country.
- Facebook still isn't a mall, but its bots aim to change that Updated: Apr-27-16 6:28 pm
NEW YORK - It's now possible - though neither easy nor particularly convenient - to buy stuff on Facebook via automated messaging "bots." But it's far from clear that people really want to go shopping on the social network.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.
- SpaceX aims to send 'Red Dragon' capsule to Mars in 2018 Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX is shooting for Mars.
- Louisiana man accused of $2 million real estate ad fraud Updated: Apr-27-16 3:07 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal grand jury in western Pennsylvania has indicted a Louisiana man on charges of defrauding hundreds of real estate agents across the nation out more than $2 million.
- Ethics group: It's OK for judge candidates to use Facebook Updated: Apr-27-16 2:58 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota judicial ethics advisory committee says it's OK for judge candidates to use Facebook and other social media in their campaigns, as long as they don't ask for money.
- Qatar's largest bank investigating alleged data breach Updated: Apr-27-16 2:21 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Qatar's largest bank is investigating a security breach that appears to have exposed sensitive personal data for what could be hundreds of customers, including employees of international broadcaster Al-Jazeera and potentially senior government officials.
- Thailand's military government cracks down on opponents Updated: Apr-27-16 10:22 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's military government on Wednesday turned up the pressure on its opponents, filing a legal complaint against critics of a proposed new constitution and detaining 10 people in connection with social media postings.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Prince's old band plans to reunite for 'some shows' Updated: Apr-26-16 9:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince's old band is reuniting for some live shows following his death.
- House backs bill to use testimonials to combat terrorism Updated: Apr-26-16 7:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The House passed a bill Tuesday requiring the Department of Homeland Security to use testimonials from former extremists and other social media messages to combat "Hollywood-style propaganda" used by the Islamic State and other militant groups to recruit new members.
- Maybe Twitter needs to get used to being small Updated: Apr-26-16 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter gets lots of grief from investors because it hasn't taken over the world the way Facebook did, at least in terms of amassing users.