- 3rd-tier Sheffield United into FA Cup semifinals Updated: Mar-09-14 11:57 am
- Creighton's McDermott leads All-Big East team Updated: Mar-09-14 11:55 am
- Brazil inaugurates another World Cup stadium Updated: Mar-09-14 11:51 am
- Freund wins World Cup ski jumping event Updated: Mar-09-14 11:32 am
- Lille beats Montpellier 2-0 to stay in 3rd place Updated: Mar-09-14 11:06 am
- Capitals F Kuznetsov ready for NHL debut Updated: Mar-09-14 10:57 am
- IUPUI basketball coach fired after 3 seasons Updated: Mar-09-14 10:46 am
- Neureuther leads German 1-2 finish at WCup slalom Updated: Mar-09-14 10:45 am
- Juventus beats Fiorentina 1-0 for 14-point lead Updated: Mar-09-14 9:53 am
- Espanyol eases to 3-1 win over Elche in Spain Updated: Mar-09-14 8:56 am
- Stuttgart fires Schneider, hires Stevens as coach Updated: Mar-09-14 6:51 am
- Oregon upsets No. 3 Arizona 64-57 Updated: Mar-09-14 5:24 am
- First-place Brisbane 10 points clear in A-League Updated: Mar-09-14 4:47 am
- Hawaii holds off Cal St Fullerton, 81-77 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:53 am
- Gonzaga edges Santa Clara 77-75 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:35 am
- Clippers outlast Hawks for 7th straight win Updated: Mar-09-14 3:32 am
- Saint Mary's advances in 80-69 win over Pepperdine Updated: Mar-09-14 3:24 am
- Canucks end 4-game skid with 2-1 win over Flames Updated: Mar-09-14 3:21 am
- Lobos can't handle Aztecs' zone, lose 51-48 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:14 am
- Timbers rally to tie Union 1-1 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:06 am
- Federer, Nadal, Murray advance at Indian Wells Updated: Mar-09-14 3:05 am
- No. 10 SDSU rallies to beat No. 21 Lobos 51-48 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:02 am
- Niemi, Sharks beat Canadiens 4-0 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:45 am
- Plata lifts Real Salt Lake past Galaxy, 1-0 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:42 am
- Washington State routs UCLA, 73-55 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:39 am
LONDON - Sheffield United became the first third-tier team to reach the FA Cup semifinals since 2001 by beating Charlton 2-0 in the first of three quarterfinal matches on Sunday.
NEW YORK - Creighton's Doug McDermott, the eighth player in college basketball history to score more than 3,000 points, is among three unanimous selections for the All-Big East team.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian officials are inaugurating the Arena da Amazonia in the jungle city of Manaus, the ninth World Cup stadium to become available for football's showcase event. Three still have to be finished, including the one hosting the opener in Sao Paulo in about three months.
OSLO, Norway - Severin Freund of Germany took his fourth World Cup title of the season as he won the large hill ski jumping event Sunday in Oslo.
PARIS - Center back Marko Basa and striker Nolan Roux scored a goal each as Lille beat Montpellier 2-0 on Sunday to stay third in the French league.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis has fired men's basketball coach Todd Howard.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Felix Neureuther overcame a pre-Olympic car crash to win a World Cup slalom on Sunday, giving himself pole position in the fight for the season's discipline title.
MILAN - Juventus remained firmly on course for a third straight Serie A title after beating Fiorentina 1-0 on Sunday to provisionally extend its lead at the top of the standings to 14 points.
BARCELONA, Spain - Espanyol eased to a 3-1 win at home over Elche in the Spanish league on Sunday, keeping the Barcelona-based club in the chase for a Europa League berth.
STUTTGART, Germany - Stuttgart fired Thomas Schneider and appointed former Schalke coach Huub Stevens in his place on Sunday.
EUGENE, Oregon - The Oregon Ducks opened the regular season with a 13-game winning streak. They closed it with seven straight victories.
SYDNEY - The Brisbane Roar moved 10 points clear in first place in Australia's A-League with five regular-season rounds to play after a 2-1 home win Sunday over Adelaide United.
HONOLULU - Keith Shamburger converted 12 of 14 free-throw attempts in the final 3 minutes as Hawaii held off Cal State Fullerton, 81-77 in a regular-season finale Saturday.
LAS VEGAS - David Stockton sank the game-winning layup with 2 seconds left Saturday night to lift top-seeded Gonzaga past No. 9 seed Santa Clara in the West Coast Conference tournament quarterfinals 77-75.
LOS ANGELES - Coming off a resounding victory over the Lakers in which they posted the largest winning margin in franchise history, the Los Angeles Clippers had to fight to the bitter end against the Atlanta Hawks after squandering an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter.
LAS VEGAS - Brad Waldow scored 21 points and hauled in eight rebounds to lead No. 4 seed Saint Mary's to an 80-69 win over fifth-seeded Pepperdine in the West Coast Conference tournament quarterfinals on Saturday night.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - John Tortorella and the Vancouver Canucks kept their cool this time around.
SAN DIEGO - With 12:05 to go, No. 21 New Mexico was leading No. 10 San Diego State by 16 points and appeared to have all but claimed another Mountain West Conference championship.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Timbers' season-opening draw with Philadelphia left them wondering what they could have done to pull out the win.
INDIAN WELLS, California - Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Stanislas Wawrinka won their opening matches Saturday in the BNP Paribas Open.
SAN DIEGO - It took a 1-3-1 zone defense, of all things, for No. 10 San Diego State to complete a remarkable comeback against No. 21 New Mexico that clinched the outright Mountain West Conference title.
SAN JOSE, California - When Tommy Wingels scored a fluky, short-handed goal in the opening minutes, it was clear this was going to be San Jose's night.
CARSON, California - Joao Plata scored in the 80th minute, Nick Rimando stopped Robbie Keane's penalty kick in stoppage time and Real Salt Lake opened with a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night in Jeff Cassar's head coaching debut for the Utah club.
PULLMAN, Washington - Que Johnson scored 14 points and hit four 3-pointers to help Washington State rout UCLA 73-55 Saturday night and secure an 11th-place Pac-12 Conference finish.