- Blatter criticizes US justice chief, soccer corruption case Updated: May-30-15 4:25 am
- Blatter says he will forgive but won't forget UEFA rebellion Updated: May-30-15 4:17 am
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter says he will not forget attempts by European soccer leaders to stop him being re-elected as FIFA president and warned that UEFA cannot live without soccer's global governing body.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay heads to Cup finals Updated: May-30-15 3:34 am
NEW YORK - One thing to count on when the Tampa Bay Lightning play for the Stanley Cup: They won't be intimidated by anything.
- Kaprielian pitches UCLA past CSU Bakersfield 7-2 Updated: May-30-15 2:56 am
LOS ANGELES - James Kaprielian threw seven strong innings, and Kevin Kramer had three hits and scored twice to lead No. 1 overall seed UCLA to a 7-2 victory over CSU Bakersfield in the Los Angeles Regional on Friday night.
- Panama holds Argentina to draw at Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-30-15 2:47 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Argentina captain Angel Correa scored both his team's goals as the tournament favorites were held to a 2-2 draw by Panama on Saturday in their opening match at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup.
- Foltynewicz pitches well but Braves fall to Giants, 4-2 Updated: May-30-15 2:47 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Mike Foltynewicz made one mistake on the mound and it cost him the ballgame.
- Scahill commits error, serves up grand slam in 6-2 loss Updated: May-30-15 2:44 am
- Norris' grand slam lifts Padres to 6-2 win vs Pirates Updated: May-30-15 2:35 am
SAN DIEGO - Derek Norris was wearing the golden sombrero - baseball talk for four strikeouts - when he stepped into the batter's box with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning of a 2-2 game.
- Tigers' power outage continues in 2-0 loss to LA Angels Updated: May-30-15 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - Yoenis Cespedes' flailing swing at Huston Street's breaking ball with the bases loaded was an appropriate symbol for the low point in the Detroit Tigers' latest offensive embarrassment.
- Walker, Smith lead Mariners to 2-1 win over Indians Updated: May-30-15 2:23 am
- Gray goes 8 in A's 6-2 win over Yankees Updated: May-30-15 2:12 am
OAKLAND, California - Brian McCann made a few subtle changes to his swing, and the results have been tremendous for New York's veteran catcher.
- CS Fullerton scores 6 in third inning, tops Pepperdine 9-3 Updated: May-30-15 2:09 am
FULLERTON, California - Cal State Fullerton scored six runs in the third inning and cruised to a 9-3 victory over Pepperdine on Friday night in the opening round of the Fullerton Regional.
- Pujols, Santiago power LA Angels past slumping Tigers, 2-0 Updated: May-30-15 2:08 am
ANAHEIM, California - Albert Pujols and Hector Santiago got off to rough statistical starts to the season despite solid work.
- Walker, Smith lead Mariners to 2-1 win over Indians Updated: May-30-15 2:03 am
SEATTLE - Taijuan Walker showed the Seattle Mariners how good he can be.
- Gray goes 8 in A's 6-2 win over Yankees Updated: May-30-15 1:56 am
OAKLAND, California - The Athletics are finally starting to do the little things they failed to do early in the season, like stringing together timely hits with runners in scoring position and playing flawless defense.
- UNC Wilmington uses big 4th inning to roll past Tulane 10-1 Updated: May-30-15 1:52 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Ryan Foster scattered eight hits in a complete-game victory, and UNC Wilmington used a seven-run fourth inning to rout Tulane 10-1 on Friday night in the Baton Rouge Regional.
- Houston's bullpen struggles in 6-3 loss to White Sox Updated: May-30-15 1:51 am
HOUSTON - Houston's bullpen was the weak link for a second straight game, a streak not reflective of its early season dominance.
- Olympic champion Farah wins Prefontaine 10K Updated: May-30-15 1:47 am
EUGENE, Oregon - British Olympic champion Mo Farah surged down the final stretch to win the 10,000 meters at the Prefontaine Classic on Friday night.
- Soto's double helps White Sox over Astros 6-3 in 11 innings Updated: May-30-15 1:39 am
HOUSTON - After a doubleheader on Thursday, the last thing the Chicago White Sox needed was a game with extra innings.
- San Diego State steals home to edge UC Santa Barbara 4-3 Updated: May-30-15 1:29 am
LAKE ELSINORE, California - Steven Pallares stole home for the go-ahead run in the eighth inning, giving San Diego State a 4-3 victory over UC Santa Barbara in the Lake Elsinore Regional on Friday night.
- Nelson has mixed results in Brewers' loss to Dbacks Updated: May-30-15 1:26 am
MILWAUKEE - Jimmy Nelson hit two batters, threw a wild pitch and gave up two home runs.
- Buehrle slows Twins in their 6-4 loss Updated: May-30-15 1:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Scoring a lot of runs early in the game has played a big part in Minnesota's surprisingly strong start this season.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay beats Rangers, will play for Cup Updated: May-30-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - The only history the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in was what they would create.
- Posey's 2-run HR, 3 RBIs power Giants past Braves, 4-2 Updated: May-30-15 1:11 am
- Ahmed hits tiebreaking HR in 8th as Dbacks beat Brewers 7-5 Updated: May-30-15 1:08 am
MILWAUKEE - Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale had a feeling Nick Ahmed was going to hit a home run when he batted in the eighth inning.