- Benni McCarthy robbed at gunpoint in SAfrica Updated: May-06-15 4:02 am
JOHANNESBURG - Former South Africa international and Champions League winner Benni McCarthy was robbed at gunpoint at a barber shop in South Africa.
- Senators seek VA probe to see if mishandled claims systemic Updated: May-06-15 3:22 am
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling of veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators is seeking a wide-scale independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Conley comes back, leads Grizzlies past Warriors 97-90 Updated: May-06-15 2:38 am
OAKLAND, California - The masked man came to the rescue for the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Cashner remains winless in San Francisco as Padres lose 6-0 Updated: May-06-15 2:35 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Andrew Cashner has pitched through some tough luck this season. That wasn't the problem Tuesday night.
- Perez ends his debut with walkoff homer, Angels beat M's 5-4 Updated: May-06-15 2:08 am
ANAHEIM, California - Carlos Perez is certain that his relatives back in Venezuela stayed up late to watch the catcher's major league debut with the Los Angeles Angels.
- Mariners' bullpen collapses in 5-4 loss to Angels Updated: May-06-15 2:03 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Mariners turned a one-run deficit into a two-run lead with impressive speed, staging an impressive rally in the eighth inning against Angels reliever Joe Smith.
- Backlund's OT goal lifts Flames over Ducks 4-3 Updated: May-06-15 2:03 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Mikael Backlund didn't need to see the biggest goal of his NHL career go in.
- Home runs doom Brewers again, lose 8-2 to Dodgers, who hit 3 Updated: May-06-15 1:33 am
MILWAUKEE - Not keeping the ball in the park once again caught up with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Ryan Vogelsong pitches surging Giants to 6-0 win over Padres Updated: May-06-15 1:08 am
- Greinke sharp in win, Dodgers beat Brewers 8-2 Updated: May-06-15 12:59 am
MILWAUKEE - No matter what uniform he's wearing, Zack Greinke is dominant at Miller Park.
- Cardinals rally past Cubs again, win 7-4 Updated: May-06-15 12:48 am
ST. LOUIS - Throughout the St. Louis Cardinals' eight-game winning streak, Mark Reynolds has brought out the lineup card. Manager Mike Matheny isn't particularly superstitious, but there's no reason to mess with a good thing.
- Kane, Crawford carry Blackhawks past Wild 1-0 for 3-0 lead Updated: May-06-15 12:48 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Patrick Kane has been playing like he never left. Corey Crawford has resolutely rebounded from being benched.
- White Sox frustrated by slow start Updated: May-06-15 12:35 am
CHICAGO - White Sox general manager Rick Hahn pointed to the players, coaching staff, front office and himself. Everyone, he said, is to blame for the team's poor start.
- Feldman struggles, Astros fall to Rangers 7-1 Updated: May-06-15 12:30 am
HOUSTON - Houston starter Scott Feldman isn't sure why he struggled so much Tuesday night.
- Greene knocked out in 3rd as Tigers lose 5-2 to White Sox Updated: May-06-15 12:21 am
- Estrada loses 1st start, Yankees beat Blue Jays 6-3 Updated: May-06-15 12:18 am
TORONTO - Blue Jays right-hander Marco Estrada found himself in an early jam in his first start of the season. Four innings later, his night ended when he gave up a home run.
- Wandy Rodriguez helps Rangers to 7-1 win over Astros Updated: May-06-15 12:17 am
HOUSTON - In 7 ½ seasons with the Astros, Wandy Rodriguez pitched much better in Houston than he did on the road.
- Tigers RHP Verlander gets MRI for right triceps injury Updated: May-06-15 12:16 am
CHICAGO - Justin Verlander is trying to stay patient while he recovers from a strained right triceps. It is a difficult task for the right-hander.
- Brewers owner backs GM's decision to fire Roenicke Updated: May-06-15 12:11 am
MILWAUKEE - Brewers owner Mark Attanasio said on Tuesday that he supported general manager Doug Melvin's decision to fire manager Ron Roenicke.
- Twins' red-hot bats cooled off by A's starter Chavez Updated: May-06-15 12:11 am
- Nationals' 2-1 loss to Marlins leaves Strasburg hurting Updated: May-06-15 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - Here's a sight no Nationals fan, or player, ever wants to see: Stephen Strasburg throwing a pitch, grimacing and stepping off the mound in obvious discomfort.
- Chavez shines in Oakland's 2-1 victory over Twins Updated: May-06-15 12:02 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Even after shutting down the red-hot Minnesota Twins offense for 7 1-3 innings, Jesse Chavez left the mound wanting more.
- Latos, Marlins limit Nationals to 3 hits in 2-1 victory Updated: May-05-15 11:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Three innings into the game, Mat Latos was getting into a groove and an ailing Stephen Strasburg was done for the night.
- Indians unable to hit Vargas, fall 5-3 to Royals Updated: May-05-15 11:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Every time someone from the Indians belted a ball into the outfield, there was someone wearing white with "Royals" across their jersey there to catch it.
- White Sox end 5-game slide with 5-2 victory over Tigers Updated: May-05-15 11:54 pm
CHICAGO - The White Sox needed a win after a lousy road trip, and Jeff Samardzija wanted the ball. That last start in an empty ballpark had stayed with him for days, and he was ready to put it behind him.