- NBC and Golf Channel facing a busy summer of golf Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
The summer schedule for NBC and Golf Channel is not finalized, though this much is clear: There won't be another summer like this one from the number of big events to two premier tournaments that the networks have never broadcast.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Get yer Dodger Dogs! Snack being sold for outside ballpark Updated: May-03-16 1:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Get yer Dodger Dogs right here! The iconic hot dogs are being sold for the first time outside Dodger Stadium.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.
- Nadal beats Kuznetsov to reach 3rd round at Madrid Masters Updated: May-03-16 1:01 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal defeated Andrey Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-3 on Tuesday to win his 11th consecutive match this year and advance to the third round of the Madrid Masters.
- OSU's Nolen claims Big 12 golf medalist honors, team 2nd Updated: May-03-16 12:52 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State golfer Stratton Nolen has won the Big 12 golf title while the Cowboys finished second in the team standing.
- Michigan artist's baseball painting sells for $48K Updated: May-03-16 12:09 pm
PLAINWELL, Michigan - A 100-year-old baseball painting by Plainwell native commercial artist Fletcher Ransom has sold for $48,000 at an auction.
- Serbia shocked by UEFA decision to accept Kosovo Updated: May-03-16 11:56 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia reacted with outrage against UEFA's decision to accept the former province of Kosovo as its 55th member, saying on Tuesday it will fight the decision by all legal means.
- Fellaini, Huth charged after clashing during EPL game Updated: May-03-16 11:48 am
LONDON - The English Football Association has charged Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini and Leicester defender Robert Huth with violent conduct after they clashed during a Premier League game at the weekend.
- Villanova's buzzer-beater Jenkins to stay for senior season Updated: May-03-16 11:44 am
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - The Villanova player who hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to win the national championship is sticking around for his senior season.
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- 'King Claudio': Ranieri hailed as a hero at home in Italy Updated: May-03-16 11:25 am
ROME - The Italian premier called it "insane." The country's national sports newspaper called him "King Claudio." Even the Vatican newspaper, l'Osservatore Romano, weighed in with a comparison to King Richard III.
- John Daly at 50, and the senior circuit beckons Updated: May-03-16 11:17 am
The celebration for John Daly began the day he became eligible for the PGA Tour Champions.
- Atletico Madrid returns to lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: May-03-16 11:06 am
LONDON - Atletico Madrid led the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after two victories in a week maintained its bid to win the Champions League and Spanish league.
- No break for Leicester: Title-winners train after partying Updated: May-03-16 10:45 am
LEICESTER, England - After partying late into the night, groggy-eyed Leicester players reported for duty at the training ground as usual on Tuesday morning.
- AP Interview: Fasel worried NHL players will skip 2018 Games Updated: May-03-16 10:23 am
SOCHI, Russia - The head of ice hockey's international body says there's a strong possibility that NHL players won't be competing at the next Winter Olympics.
- Phelps skipping Atlanta meet while awaiting birth of child Updated: May-03-16 9:41 am
ATLANTA - Awaiting the birth of his first child, Michael Phelps has decided to skip an Olympic prep meet in Atlanta next week.
- Melbourne Victory joins Shanghai in 2nd round; Suwon exits Updated: May-03-16 9:28 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Melbourne Victory scored twice in the first 17 minutes and held off Gamba Osaka 2-1 to secure a place in the second round of the Asian Champions League on Tuesday.
- Tulane's France, New Orleans' Marsh win LSWA honors Updated: May-03-16 9:11 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Tulane's J.P. France and New Orleans' Preston Marsh have been named the Louisiana Sports Writers Association Baseball Players of the Week.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Oral Roberts assistant basketball coach joining NDSU staff Updated: May-03-16 9:04 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State University head men's basketball coach David Richman has hired a new assistant.
- Taliban threats force Afghan boy, fan of Messi, into exile Updated: May-03-16 8:46 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The family of a 5-year-old Afghan boy who received autographed shirts from his soccer hero Lionel Messi was forced to leave Afghanistan amid constant telephone threats and a menacing Taliban letter, the boy's father said Tuesday.
- Kate Upton announces engagement to Tigers' Justin Verlander Updated: May-03-16 8:29 am
NEW YORK - Kate Upton has announced her engagement to baseball star Justin Verlander.
- Dwyane Wade 'honored' to be Prince's favorite player Updated: May-03-16 6:56 am
Dwyane Wade says he's feeling "all kinds of emotions" after hearing that he was Prince's favorite basketball player.
- Weber makes sweet investment in Champaign custard shop Updated: May-03-16 5:52 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Four years after he was fired by the University of Illinois, basketball coach Bruce Weber is making a comeback in Champaign. He's bringing former Illini football coach Ron Turner with him, too.