- Kansas State gives AD Currie contract extension Updated: Dec-20-13 12:40 pm
- Svindal wins as Canada-Norway ski 'team' thrives Updated: Dec-20-13 12:09 pm
- Sporting KC partners with USL PRO teams for 2014 Updated: Dec-20-13 11:46 am
- Wyco moves step closer to ballpark purchase Updated: Dec-20-13 11:36 am
- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested Updated: Dec-20-13 11:34 am
- Whitehouse's Patrick Mahomes wins AP preps honor Updated: Dec-20-13 11:23 am
- Svindal wins super-G, Miller 8th, Ligety out Updated: Dec-20-13 11:03 am
- Messi criticizes vice president at Barcelona Updated: Dec-20-13 10:41 am
- Suarez signs new contract with Liverpool Updated: Dec-20-13 9:33 am
- Germany to play Cameroon in World Cup warm-up Updated: Dec-20-13 9:02 am
- Clint Dempsey set for a return to Fulham on loan Updated: Dec-20-13 9:01 am
- Valdes expects to return for Barcelona in January Updated: Dec-20-13 9:01 am
- Raja gets ready for Bayern in Club World Cup final Updated: Dec-20-13 8:38 am
- Rodman holds tryouts for Pyongyang exhibition game Updated: Dec-20-13 7:55 am
- Rogers blames tainted food for positive test Updated: Dec-20-13 7:22 am
- Celtic defender Lustig out for 4 months Updated: Dec-20-13 6:15 am
- Illinois looks for defensive bite before Mizzou Updated: Dec-20-13 4:15 am
- Short-handed Spurs outlast Warriors, 104-102 Updated: Dec-20-13 2:37 am
- Johnson and Taylor lead US Diving Winter Nationals Updated: Dec-20-13 2:36 am
- Talbot's SH goal lifts Avalanche over Oilers 4-2 Updated: Dec-20-13 2:14 am
- Martin Jones leads LA Kings past Sharks 4-1 Updated: Dec-20-13 2:02 am
- Duncan, Ginobili, Parker sit for Spurs at Warriors Updated: Dec-20-13 1:52 am
- For Illinois senators, an odd public friendship Updated: Dec-20-13 1:42 am
- Long Beach State rallies to beat USC 72-71 Updated: Dec-20-13 1:41 am
- Benn, Sceviour net 15 seconds apart in Stars' win Updated: Dec-20-13 1:40 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas State rewarded athletic director John Currie with a raise and a one-year contract extension on Friday after one of the most successful stretches in school history.
VAL GARDENA, Italy - The unique Alpine skiing partnership between Norway and Canada paid big dividends Friday. And it was also a solid day for the U.S. Ski Team, with Bode Miller posting his best speed result of the season and Travis Ganong recording his best career finish in super-G.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - MLS Cup champion Sporting Kansas City has partnered with OKC Energy FC and Orlando City FC to be its USL PRO affiliates for the 2014 season, while former goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen will serve as head coach of the Oklahoma City club.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Wyandotte County officials have moved a step closer to buying the privately held ballpark where its minor league baseball team plays.
PHOENIX - Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas is among 151 people arrested in a pre-holiday roundup of theft suspects in Arizona.
DALLAS - Patrick Mahomes might have to decide between his passion and his future in a few months, just as his father did some 25 years ago.
VAL GARDENA, Italy - Aksel Lund Svindal increased his overall World Cup lead by winning the Val Gardena super-G for the third time on Friday, while Ted Ligety skied off the course and Bode Miller finished eighth after colliding with the last gate.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi criticized a Barcelona vice president on Friday for saying the Argentina forward didn't deserve a better contract.
LIVERPOOL, England - Luis Suarez has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will play fellow World Cup finalist Cameroon in one of its final warm-ups for the tournament in Brazil.
LONDON - Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen says United States striker Clint Dempsey has undergone a medical test and is set to return to the club on loan.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes says he expects to be ready to play by early January.
MARRAKECH, Morocco - After sweeping aside Ronaldinho and Atletico Mineiro, Moroccan club Raja Casablanca is now trying to figure out how it can stop Bayern Munich in Saturday's Club World Cup final.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Former NBA star Dennis Rodman held tryouts Friday for a North Korean team to face a dozen NBA veterans in an exhibition game on leader Kim Jong Un's birthday next month - though he hasn't convinced all the players on the American team that it's safe to come to Pyongyang.
MELBOURNE, Australia - Australian cyclist Michael Rogers says he never knowingly took the banned substance clenbuterol and his positive doping test may have resulted from contaminated food in China.
GLASGOW, Scotland - Celtic manager Neil Lennon says Sweden defender Mikael Lustig will be out for four months after undergoing a double hip operation.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach John Groce (GROHS) believes the Illini game Saturday at No. 23 Missouri will come down toughness and individuals making plays.
OAKLAND, California - With or without its star trio, the San Antonio Spurs still play with a championship pedigree.
AUSTIN, Texas - Steele Johnson led the men's 10-meter competition and Maren Taylor was first in women's 3-meter at the U.S. Diving Winter Nationals on Thursday.
DENVER - Maxime Talbot was simply looking to help kill a penalty. That he scored a short-handed goal in the process, well, the Colorado Avalanche certainly won't argue.
LOS ANGELES - Martin Jones was face-down in his crease when something hit his leg pad. He swung his glove backward along the goal line, and it turned out to be a spectacular move to stop a puck he couldn't see.
OAKLAND, California - Gregg Popovich doesn't understand why there's an uproar anytime he rests his starters for a regular-season game. He doesn't really care, either.
CHICAGO - On Capitol Hill, where the partisan divide runs so deep it has shut down the government, it can be unusual for members of opposing parties to publicly join together for much of anything - much less birthday cake.
LONG BEACH, California - Mike Caffey scored 22 points and made the winning layup with 16 seconds left, giving Long Beach State a 72-71 victory over Southern California that snapped the 49ers' nine-game skid on Thursday night.
DALLAS - Kari Lehtonen credits one save in the second period with making his 100th victory with the Dallas Stars possible.