- Rights group: Nigeria ignores sectarian violence Updated: Dec-12-13 9:01 am
- C. African Republic Muslims come under attack Updated: Dec-12-13 12:04 am
- France, AU send more troops to African nation Updated: Dec-07-13 5:30 pm
- Hezbollah commander killed outside home in Lebanon Updated: Dec-04-13 11:53 am
- France to send 1,000 troops to C. African Republic Updated: Nov-26-13 4:02 pm
- Lebanon pushed to edge - but, somehow, not over it Updated: Nov-21-13 1:00 pm
- Funerals held in Lebanon for Iran Embassy victims Updated: Nov-20-13 3:37 pm
- Lebanon blasts: Q&A about why they happened Updated: Nov-19-13 1:40 pm
- Bill Clinton: Violence in Myanmar sickens world Updated: Nov-14-13 10:01 pm
- Official: al-Qaida in Iraq strongest since 2006 Updated: Nov-14-13 11:24 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's government has largely ignored years of "mass murder" in two central states, Human Rights Watch charged Thursday, failing to prosecute known perpetrators who have burned victims alive and hacked and shot to death others because of their tribe or religion.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The victims' male relatives touched their foreheads to the ground in prayer atop a small hill as more than a dozen workers below began preparing the communal grave.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - France and the African Union on Saturday announced plans to deploy several thousand more troops into embattled Central African Republic, as thousands of Christians fearing reprisal attacks sought refuge from the Muslim former rebels who now control the country after days of violence left nearly 400 people dead - and possibly more.
BEIRUT - Gunmen assassinated a senior Hezbollah commander after he parked his car in his apartment building's garage Wednesday in Lebanon's capital, a major breach of the Shiite militant group's security as it struggles to maintain multiple fronts while it fights alongside President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
DAKAR, Senegal - France promised Tuesday to send 1,000 troops to Central African Republic amid warnings about the potential for genocide in the near-anarchic former French colony.
BEIRUT - By nearly all measures, Lebanon should have long ago buckled under the weight of Syria's civil war.
BEIRUT - Undeterred by a devastating suicide attack that rocked the Iranian Embassy in Beirut a day earlier, hundreds of Hezbollah supporters pumped their fists in the air Wednesday and vowed eternal allegiance to the Lebanese Shiite militant group as they buried victims from the bombing.
BEIRUT - A pair of suicide bombers targeted the Iranian Embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, killing some two dozen people and leaving corpses, puddles of blood and burning cars strewn across an upscale, Shiite-dominated neighborhood of the capital.
YANGON, Myanmar - Reports of sectarian violence in Myanmar sicken the world, former U.S. President Bill Clinton said after speaking to political and civic leaders about challenges faced by the emerging democracy following a half-century of military rule.
WASHINGTON - The head of the national counterterrorism center said Thursday the al-Qaida affiliate in Iraq is the strongest it's been since a peak in 2006.