- Thousands flock to mass funeral for Saudi attack victims Updated: May-25-15 3:22 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Tens of thousands of mourners poured into the streets of eastern Saudi Arabia on Monday to attend a mass funeral for victims of last week's suicide bombing attack at a Shiite mosque that was claimed by the Islamic State group, attendees said.
- Biden reassures Iraqi prime minister of US support Updated: May-25-15 2:30 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden has reassured Iraq's government of U.S. support in the fight against the Islamic State group in a telephone call to Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi.
- Nigerian Muslims set court ablaze over 'insult' to Muhammad Updated: May-22-15 11:10 am
KANO, Nigeria - Hundreds of rioting Muslims set a Shariah court ablaze Friday in Nigeria's northern Kano city, protesting its decision to free a cleric accused of insulting the prophet Mohammed.
- Side story of slain Salvadoran archbishop: A family divided Updated: May-22-15 2:19 am
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Maria Luisa de Martinez is one of the staunchest defenders of the memory of slain Salvadoran Archbishop Oscar Romero.
- Pope canonizes 2 saints from 19th-century Palestine Updated: May-17-15 11:01 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis canonized two nuns from what was 19th-century Palestine on Sunday in hope of encouraging Christians across the Middle East who are facing a wave of persecution from Islamic extremists.
- Man accused in Jewish site shootings fires his attorneys Updated: May-14-15 4:38 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A white supremacist accused of killing three people outside two Kansas Jewish sites fired his attorneys on Thursday, telling the judge that he thought representing himself was the only way he'd be allowed to speak at the capital murder trial.
- Michigan police: Drunk customer attacks Muslim store workers Updated: May-06-15 4:31 pm
TROY, Michigan - Police in suburban Detroit say a drunken customer punched a convenience store manager and threatened to kill a kill a clerk because they're Muslims.
- Texas Muslims on edge amid protests, contest attack Updated: May-05-15 8:44 pm
DALLAS - When an outspoken opponent of radical Islam sought to mock Muhammad in Texas, home to one of the nation's largest Islamic communities, local Muslims were encouraged to ignore her, and they did.
- Report: harassment, threats against Czech Jews rise Updated: May-04-15 9:52 am
PRAGUE - A new report by Prague's Jewish community has registered a significant increase of cases of harassment and threats against Jews last year.
- Attorneys for Jewish site shootings suspect seek new venue Updated: May-01-15 3:46 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Attorneys for the man charged with killing three people at Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City have filed 21 motions as they prepare for trial.
- Greek minister attacked by anarchists while dining in Athens Updated: Apr-29-15 2:34 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's outspoken finance minister says he and his wife came under attack by anarchists while dining in a central Athens restaurant.
- Miller says he will plead guilty in Jewish site shootings Updated: Apr-27-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A white supremacist accused of killing three people at two Jewish centers in Kansas says he plans to plead guilty to capital murder to avoid a lengthy trial because of his failing health.
- Marathon bomber trial casts focus on Boston Muslims Updated: Apr-25-15 3:56 pm
BOSTON - Boston's Muslim community has been once again thrust into the spotlight as the death penalty trial of convicted marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev nears its conclusion amid rising concerns of terrorist recruitment in America.