- Texas Muslims on edge amid protests, contest attack Updated: May-05-15 8:44 pm
DALLAS - When an outspoken opponent of radical Islam sought to mock Muhammad in Texas, home to one of the nation's largest Islamic communities, local Muslims were encouraged to ignore her, and they did.
- Report: harassment, threats against Czech Jews rise Updated: May-04-15 9:52 am
PRAGUE - A new report by Prague's Jewish community has registered a significant increase of cases of harassment and threats against Jews last year.
- Attorneys for Jewish site shootings suspect seek new venue Updated: May-01-15 3:46 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Attorneys for the man charged with killing three people at Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City have filed 21 motions as they prepare for trial.
- Greek minister attacked by anarchists while dining in Athens Updated: Apr-29-15 2:34 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's outspoken finance minister says he and his wife came under attack by anarchists while dining in a central Athens restaurant.
- Miller says he will plead guilty in Jewish site shootings Updated: Apr-27-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A white supremacist accused of killing three people at two Jewish centers in Kansas says he plans to plead guilty to capital murder to avoid a lengthy trial because of his failing health.
- Marathon bomber trial casts focus on Boston Muslims Updated: Apr-25-15 3:56 pm
BOSTON - Boston's Muslim community has been once again thrust into the spotlight as the death penalty trial of convicted marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev nears its conclusion amid rising concerns of terrorist recruitment in America.
- Hungary says FBI chief insensitive, superficial on Holocaust Updated: Apr-21-15 7:55 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary has joined Poland in denouncing remarks by FBI director James Comey which seemed to equate Poland's and Hungary's roles in the Holocaust with that of Germany.
- British police make fourth arrest in slaying of imam Updated: Apr-19-15 11:05 am
LONDON - British counterterrorism detectives say they've arrested a fourth person as they investigate the slaying of a Syria-born Muslim cleric who was shot in London.
- Priest who clashed with Cardinal George says 2 reconciled Updated: Apr-17-15 3:55 pm
CHICAGO - A prominent Chicago priest who publicly clashed with Cardinal Francis George says the two reconciled shortly before George died.
- Man condemned for Arlington pastor slaying loses appeal Updated: Apr-15-15 12:17 pm
HOUSTON - The state's top criminal appeals court has upheld the conviction of Steven LaWayne Nelson, sent to death row for the beating and suffocation of a young pastor during a robbery at a North Texas church four years ago.
- Israeli researchers say attacks against Jews spiked in 2014 Updated: Apr-15-15 8:29 am
TEL AVIV, Israel - Jewish communities around the world faced an "explosion of hatred" last year, with the number of violent anti-Semitic attacks rising by 38 percent, according to a report released Wednesday by Israeli researchers.
- 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites in Kansas Updated: Apr-12-15 12:04 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A community walk designed to emphasize the values shared by people of different cultures, faiths and social classes will mark the one-year anniversary of the day a man consumed with hatred toward Jews shot and killed three people in suburban Kansas City.
- 2016 trial expected for man accused of killing 3 Updated: Apr-12-15 3:05 am
BRADENTON, Florida - The case against a man accused of shooting his wife, a Bradenton pastor and a neighbor is not expected to go to trial until 2016.
- Pass Christian police arrest teen in fatal shooting Updated: Apr-08-15 6:16 am
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - Pass Christian police have arrested a man suspected of opening fire on a 20-year-old Hattiesburg man.
- NC prosecutor details the shootings of 3 Muslims students Updated: Apr-07-15 4:07 am
DURHAM, North Carolina - When he was arrested, prosecutors say the man charged with killing three North Carolina college students had possession of the murder weapon, gunshot residue on his hands and blood from one of the victims splattered on his pants.
- Bishops say Tsarnaev should not receive death penalty Updated: Apr-06-15 6:38 pm
BOSTON - Boston Cardinal Sean O'Malley and fellow Massachusetts Roman Catholic bishops said Monday it would be against the church's teaching to apply the death penalty to Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
- Pope to world: don't ignore killing of Christians Updated: Apr-06-15 8:46 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis on Monday again pressed the international community to do something about the killing of Christians in several parts of the world and not "look the other way."