- Militants apologize for killing Lebanese civilians Updated: Mar-08-14 9:13 am
- Prosecutors: Ohio Amish convictions should stand Updated: Mar-01-14 4:37 pm
- From Riyadh to Beirut, fear of Syria blowback Updated: Feb-28-14 4:10 pm
- Group says assailants attack Gaza Catholic church Updated: Feb-27-14 2:08 pm
- Angry funeral held for man over anti-Shiite song Updated: Feb-27-14 12:37 pm
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse clash Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- C. African Republic orphans walk to refuge alone Updated: Feb-25-14 5:19 pm
- Sunni anger in Lebanon against army grows Updated: Feb-25-14 10:00 am
- Muslims seek refuge in C. African Republic church Updated: Feb-24-14 1:50 pm
- Chinese police say attack work of extremists Updated: Feb-16-14 9:54 pm
- Detroit pastor charged in domestic violence case Updated: Feb-13-14 8:04 pm
- US envoy to hold 1st meet with Indian oppo leader Updated: Feb-11-14 6:20 pm
- Filipino marines kill 6 Muslim extremists in clash Updated: Feb-09-14 11:46 pm
- Future of C. African Republic Muslims imperiled Updated: Feb-08-14 5:01 pm
BEIRUT - A militant group issued a rare apology Saturday for a twin suicide bombing in Beirut that killed eight people and wounded dozens, including children from a nearby orphanage.
CINCINNATI - The sentences and convictions of 16 Amish men and women found guilty of hate crimes for cutting the hair and beards of fellow Amish in eastern Ohio should be upheld, federal prosecutors argued in a court filing.
BISARIYEH, Lebanon - The once-tranquil, religiously mixed village of Bisariyeh is seething: Two of its young men who fought alongside the rebels in Syria recently returned home radicalized and staged suicide bombings in Lebanon.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A Palestinian rights group says assailants have attacked a Catholic church in the Gaza Strip.
BEIRUT - Angry mourners gathered in Beirut to bury a Sunni man, rumored to be the singer of a tune urging violent death upon Shiites, in the latest manifestation of how the war in neighboring Syria has inflamed hatreds in Lebanon that now extend even to music.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive Jerusalem holy site Tuesday to disperse a violent protest there, hours before the Israeli parliament debated a nationalist lawmaker's motion to extend control over it.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - Ibrahim Adamou's parents had just been killed in front of him. He wasn't sure whether any of his five siblings had survived the attack by Christian militiamen who opened fire on his family of herders as they journeyed on foot.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - From radical preachers to irreverent taxi drivers, anger is spreading through Lebanon's Sunni community toward the country's military, adding a dangerous twist to Lebanon's instability, already shaken by relentless bombings.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - The Christian militiamen know hundreds of Muslims are hiding here on the grounds of the Catholic church and now they're giving them a final ultimatum: Leave Central African Republic within a week or face death at the hands of machete-wielding youths.
BEIJING - Authorities in western China blamed a group of religious extremists for an attack on police last week that left 11 of the suspects dead and wounded four people.
DETROIT - A Detroit pastor has been charged with misdemeanor domestic violence involving his estranged wife.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. ambassador will meet with Indian nationalist politician and prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for the first time since he was refused a U.S. visa over alleged complicity in deadly anti-Muslim riots in 2002.
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine marines killed at least 6 Muslim extremists and captured one of their jungle lairs in fighting in the south, military officials said Monday.
DAKAR, Senegal - The mob violence wracking Central African Republic imperils the future of the country's Muslims, with tens of thousands fleeing the daily violence and untold numbers killed.