- Former Texas paramedic sentenced in pipe bomb case Updated: Dec-04-13 4:55 pm
- Hezbollah commander killed outside home in Lebanon Updated: Dec-04-13 11:53 am
- St. Louis-area lawyer missing since late October Updated: Dec-04-13 11:22 am
- Insurgents attack police headquarters in Iraq Updated: Dec-04-13 8:52 am
- Prison limits on Boston bombing suspect are eased Updated: Dec-03-13 1:29 pm
- Bombs kills 9 in southern Afghanistan Updated: Dec-03-13 10:28 am
- Suspected Maoist rebels kill 7 in eastern India Updated: Dec-03-13 7:58 am
- Costa Rica closes probe into 1984 bombing Updated: Dec-02-13 7:41 pm
- Pipe bombs prompt authorities to form task force Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- Correction: Somalia-Security story Updated: Nov-29-13 1:37 pm
- Judge denies request in Marathon bombing case Updated: Nov-28-13 3:08 am
- Pa. men hurt when bomb made 'for fun' explodes Updated: Nov-27-13 6:01 pm
- Boston Marathon bombing affected 'American Hustle' Updated: Nov-27-13 3:26 pm
- Affidavit: Oregon bomb suspect admits scheme Updated: Nov-26-13 8:55 pm
- Police investigate bottle bomb on Iowa trail Updated: Nov-26-13 2:03 pm
- IRA car bomb targets Belfast's top shopping mall Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 am
- Spoils of war: Police getting leftover Iraq trucks Updated: Nov-24-13 11:44 am
- Oregon man arrested in bombing at DA's office Updated: Nov-21-13 6:53 pm
- UMass-Boston unveils bombing victim's portrait Updated: Nov-21-13 2:11 pm
- Turkish police subdue man with fake bomb Updated: Nov-21-13 8:02 am
- N.Ireland bus driver told to deliver bomb, refuses Updated: Nov-21-13 6:47 am
- Funerals held in Lebanon for Iran Embassy victims Updated: Nov-20-13 3:37 pm
- Lebanon blasts: Q&A about why they happened Updated: Nov-19-13 1:40 pm
- Suicide blasts near Iran Embassy in Beirut kill 23 Updated: Nov-19-13 12:39 pm
- 19 said killed after militant attack in Somalia Updated: Nov-19-13 9:41 am
DALLAS - A former paramedic in the tiny Texas town where a fertilizer plant explosion killed 15 people was sentenced to 21 months in prison Wednesday after pleading guilty in a pipe bomb case that isn't linked to the blast.
BEIRUT - Gunmen assassinated a senior Hezbollah commander after he parked his car in his apartment building's garage Wednesday in Lebanon's capital, a major breach of the Shiite militant group's security as it struggles to maintain multiple fronts while it fights alongside President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis-area lawyer who helped solve a 2008 bombing that nearly killed an attorney is missing.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi authorities say insurgents have attacked a security headquarters in a northern city, killing four people.
BOSTON - Federal prosecutors have eased limits on defense team visits to Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv).
KABUL, Afghanistan - Roadside bombs killed nine people, including six civilians, Tuesday in southern Afghanistan as insurgents pressed forward with a relentless campaign against the government and its security forces, officials said.
PATNA, India - Suspected Maoist rebels detonated a roadside bomb in eastern India on Tuesday, killing six police officers and their driver, police said.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An investigation of the 1984 bombing that killed three journalists and four Nicaraguan rebels at a news conference has been closed after officials determined the only suspect died more than two decades ago, Costa Rica's attorney general said Monday.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Law enforcement agencies from across the state have stepped up efforts to find a suspect who threw two pipe bombs at an Albuquerque probation and parole office last month.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - In a story Nov. 28 about Somalia's security efforts, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the police used an armored Casper truck. The correct spelling of the word is Casspir. A corrected version of the story is below:
BOSTON - A request by lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev for prosecutors to turn over more evidence has been rejected.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Investigators say two Pennsylvania men hurt when a pipe bomb they were making exploded didn't have malicious intent in making the device.
NEW YORK - While shooting in Boston, David O. Russell found his film "American Hustle" caught up in the Boston Marathon bombing.
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon man accused of trying to blow up a county prosecutor's office told investigators he concocted the scheme in an effort to delay his sentencing on a burglary charge, according to an affidavit filed by an FBI special agent.
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - West Des Moines police are investigating the discovery of a detonated homemade bottle bomb in the tunnel of a popular recreational trail.
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - A suspected Irish Republican Army car bomb targeting Belfast's biggest shopping center has failed to detonate. But police say the driver ordered to deliver the bomb was been traumatized, and security in the Northern Ireland capital is being increased in the run-up to Christmas.
QUEENSBURY, New York - Coming soon to your local sheriff: 18-ton, armor-protected military fighting vehicles with gun turrets and bulletproof glass that were once the U.S. answer to roadside bombs during the Iraq war.
MEDFORD, Oregon - An Oregon man was ordered held on $5 million bail Thursday on allegations that he tried to blow up the office of the district attorney who was prosecuting him on burglary charges.
BOSTON - A portrait of Boston Marathon bombing victim and former University of Massachusetts-Boston student Krystle Campbell has been unveiled on campus.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish police on Thursday subdued a man who arrived near Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office carrying a fake bomb. Interior Minister Muammer Guler said the incident was not terrorism-linked and that the man was believed to be suffering from psychological problems.
DUBLIN - A Northern Ireland bus driver was commanded by suspected IRA militants to deliver a bomb to a police station, but instead she parked her vehicle and called police, authorities who praised the driver's bravery said Thursday.
BEIRUT - Undeterred by a devastating suicide attack that rocked the Iranian Embassy in Beirut a day earlier, hundreds of Hezbollah supporters pumped their fists in the air Wednesday and vowed eternal allegiance to the Lebanese Shiite militant group as they buried victims from the bombing.
BEIRUT - A pair of suicide bombers targeted the Iranian Embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, killing some two dozen people and leaving corpses, puddles of blood and burning cars strewn across an upscale, Shiite-dominated neighborhood of the capital.
BEIRUT - Two suicide bombers detonated explosions outside the Iranian Embassy in a mainly Shiite district of the Lebanese capital on Tuesday, killing 23 people, including the Iranian cultural attachÃ©, apparently in retaliation for the Lebanese group Hezbollah's support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Al-Qaida-linked militants detonated a car bomb at the entrance to a police station Tuesday near the Somalia-Ethiopia border, then opened fire with assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades, an attack that left at least 19 people dead, officials said.