- Suicide attack in Iraq kills at least 11 people Updated: Apr-24-14 3:46 pm
- Army: Airstrikes in Pakistan tribal region kill 37 Updated: Apr-24-14 11:23 am
- Militant group in Egypt says it killed officer Updated: Apr-24-14 4:35 am
- Syrian activists accuse Assad of new gas attacks Updated: Apr-23-14 8:02 pm
- Car bomb outside Nairobi police station kills 4 Updated: Apr-23-14 4:55 pm
- Some drama off-camera in Mideast conflict film Updated: Apr-23-14 2:26 am
- From Marathon Meb to the 'beacon' of Beacon St Updated: Apr-22-14 8:59 pm
- Govt must turn over info on CIA prisons to defense Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- Chicago prosecutor finishes Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-22-14 2:04 pm
- Somali lawmaker shot and killed in latest attack Updated: Apr-22-14 9:43 am
- 1 year after bombs, Boston Marathon a celebration Updated: Apr-22-14 7:48 am
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-22-14 6:17 am
- Hoyts run final Boston Marathon as a team Updated: Apr-21-14 6:17 pm
- MARATHON WATCH: Silence, then exultation in Boston Updated: Apr-21-14 5:40 pm
- Bombing survivors return for Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-21-14 5:38 pm
- Saudi sentences 8 to death for 2003 Riyadh attack Updated: Apr-21-14 5:13 pm
- MARATHON WATCH: Arredondo back at finish line Updated: Apr-21-14 3:25 pm
- Newlyweds injured in bombing do hand cycle race Updated: Apr-21-14 2:22 pm
- Knocked down Washington man skips Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-21-14 1:44 pm
- Marathon survivor Jeff Bauman back at finish line Updated: Apr-21-14 1:31 pm
- Nigerians mark Easter amid mourning and fear Updated: Apr-20-14 10:58 pm
- Red Sox remember Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-20-14 8:17 pm
- On eve of marathon, festivities and tight security Updated: Apr-20-14 7:20 pm
- Minnesota runners head to Boston in unity, tribute Updated: Apr-20-14 6:37 pm
- Boston race makes room for those affected by bombs Updated: Apr-20-14 6:30 pm
BAGHDAD - A suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden car into a police checkpoint south of Baghdad on Thursday morning, killing at least 11 people, officials said, the latest episode in an uptick in violence in the run-up to next week's parliamentary elections.
KARACHI, Pakistan - Pakistani warplanes attacked insurgent hideouts in the tribal region near the Afghan border, killing 37 suspected militants and wounding 18, army officials said Thursday, as authorities hold peace negotiations with the Taliban.
CAIRO - An Islamic militant group in Egypt has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed a senior police officer the day before.
BEIRUT - Syrian government forces have attacked rebel-held areas with poisonous chlorine gas in recent weeks and months, leaving men, women and children coughing, choking and gasping for breath, according to Associated Press interviews with more than a dozen activists, medics and residents on the opposition side.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Police in Kenya's capital intercepted a suspicious car at a traffic light Wednesday and were taking the occupants in for questioning when the car exploded, killing four people, including two police officers, officials said.
AL-EIN REFUGEE CAMP, West Bank - An American director's short film about an Israeli army raid in a Palestinian refugee camp ends with a surprise - literally involving a rabbit, though not one pulled from a hat. The story told in "The Warren" is meant to question the ways Israelis and Palestinians see each other as a result of their long-running conflict.
BOSTON - Meb Keflezighi fled the East African nation of Eritrea as a 12-year-old boy, coming to the United States to escape war and poverty. Tatyana McFadden was 6 and sickly when an American woman adopted her from a Russian orphanage.
FORT MEADE, Maryland - Prosecutors must turn over never-revealed details about the time a Guantanamo Bay detainee spent in secret CIA prisons after his arrest in connection with the deadly attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, according to a military judge's order released Tuesday.
CHICAGO - Northern Illinois' top federal prosecutor has run his second straight Boston Marathon after participating last year when the race was marred by deadly bombings.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Two gunmen belonging to an Islamic extremist group shot and killed a Somali legislator on Tuesday as he stepped out of his home in the capital, the second fatal attack on a member of parliament in as many days, police said.
BOSTON - Unfinished business. Defiance. Hope, strength and resilience. They used different words but the meaning was the same for thousands of people who were stopped by twin bombings at last year's Boston Marathon and came back this year to finish what they started.
BOSTON - A year ago, an injured Meb Keflezighi watched the Boston Marathon from the stands at the finish line on Boylston Street, leaving five minutes before the bombs went off.
HOPKINTON, Massachusetts - This year's Boston Marathon is the final farewell for two of the most recognizable faces in the race - father and son team Dick and Rick Hoyt.
A look at the 118th running of the Boston Marathon. For further updates, visit http://bigstory.ap.org.
BOSTON - Survivors of last year's bombing did not shy away from this year's Boston Marathon.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A Saudi court sentenced eight people to death and 77 others to prison on charges related to attacks against expatriate residential compounds in the country's capital more than a decade ago, the official press agency said.
A look at the 118th running of the Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - Newlyweds who each lost a leg in last year's Boston Marathon bombing completed the marathon together this year, riding hand cycles for the 26.2-mile course.
LAKE STEVENS, Washington - Until the final few yards, the race was going well for Bill Iffrig. The 78-year-old Lake Stevens man had surged up some late hills, passing runners much younger than himself, then turned onto Boylston Street for the last quarter-mile of the Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - Boston Marathon survivor Jeff Bauman returned to the finish line Monday after losing both his legs in last year's marathon bombing.
LAGOS, Nigeria - With little to celebrate, Nigerians marked Easter Sunday with heightened security against a spreading Islamic uprising, mourning the deaths of at least 75 bomb blast victims and fearful of the fate of 85 abducted schoolgirls.
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox held an emotional 20-minute pregame ceremony honoring victims of the Boston Marathon bombings along with law enforcement officials, medical personnel, runners and race volunteers before Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.
BOSTON - In many ways, it felt like any other pre-marathon Sunday in Boston.
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 600 Minnesota runners will line up for the start of the Boston Marathon this year, including 212 who ran last year and say they're going back to finish what they started.
BOSTON - "I need to run."