- Spain recalls train bombings on 10th anniversary Updated: Mar-11-14 7:22 am
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon Updated: Mar-10-14 3:10 pm
- Friend's lawyer says Tsarnaev destroyed cellphone Updated: Mar-10-14 2:55 pm
- Afghan Taliban warn voters to stay away from polls Updated: Mar-10-14 2:21 pm
- Wounded Boise veteran eyes Mount Everest Updated: Mar-09-14 1:47 pm
- Suicide car bomb, attacks kill at least 42 in Iraq Updated: Mar-09-14 8:50 am
- 2 arrests, pipe bomb found in Porterville home Updated: Mar-08-14 11:53 pm
- Militants apologize for killing Lebanese civilians Updated: Mar-08-14 9:13 am
- Wallingford woman running Boston Marathon for YMCA Updated: Mar-08-14 7:05 am
- Letter bombs found at N Ireland post offices Updated: Mar-07-14 4:40 pm
- Wes Anderson dreams of a Europe before bombs fell Updated: Mar-07-14 3:07 pm
- Feds to pay lawyer for marathon suspect's friend Updated: Mar-06-14 4:57 pm
- Bahrain authorities: Explosion wounds 2 children Updated: Mar-06-14 6:07 am
- Contractor in NJ blast faced $100K in fines Updated: Mar-05-14 5:52 pm
- 1982 airline bomber still in immigration custody Updated: Mar-05-14 5:31 pm
- Defense: Marathon suspect's remark humorous Updated: Mar-05-14 4:53 pm
- Pakistan resumes Taliban talks as 6 soldiers die Updated: Mar-05-14 8:21 am
- Police: couple denied pizza try to firebomb shop Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 pm
- Bahrain arrests 25 for alleged ties to deadly bomb Updated: Mar-04-14 10:19 am
- Fake bomb built by kids playing war draws police Updated: Mar-04-14 9:32 am
- Charity runners prepare for Boston Marathon Updated: Mar-01-14 4:18 pm
- FBI uses billboards to help find suspected bomber Updated: Feb-28-14 9:14 pm
- 15-year sentence for man who wanted to bomb bank Updated: Feb-27-14 9:26 pm
- Car bomb kills 11 at tea shop in Mogadishu Updated: Feb-27-14 8:08 am
- Man executed for pipe bomb death of Fla. trooper Updated: Feb-26-14 8:46 pm
MADRID - Spain's King Juan Carlos and Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy joined families of victims of the Madrid train bombings for a 10th anniversary Mass on Tuesday in memory of Europe's worst Islamic terror attack.
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - The number of police officers patrolling this year's Boston Marathon will be doubled to over 3,500, one year after two bombs exploded near the finish line, killing three people and injuring more than 260.
BOSTON - Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev destroyed his cellphone before being arrested, a lawyer for one of Tsarnaev's friends said in court Monday.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Taliban threatened voters Monday and warned they will "use all force" possible to disrupt Afghan presidential elections next month, posing a crucial test for the country's security forces seeking to show they can bring stability as the West prepares to end its combat mission by the end of the year.
BOISE, Idaho - It almost sounds like a set up to a joke: What do you call a guy with one foot, missing fingers and a bad back who's climbing Everest?
BAGHDAD - A suicide car bomber set off his explosive-laden vehicle at a security checkpoint Sunday in southern Iraq, the deadliest of a series of attacks that killed 42 people, officials said. The violence, which comes a few weeks before scheduled elections, is the latest by insurgents bent on destabilizing the country.
PORTERVILLE, California - Police in central California have arrested a man and woman after finding a pipe bomb, illegal explosive materials, plus marijuana and methamphetamine in their home.
BEIRUT - A militant group issued a rare apology Saturday for a twin suicide bombing in Beirut that killed eight people and wounded dozens, including children from a nearby orphanage.
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - As Lynn Cella-Coyne stands at the starting line of a marathon, she can't help but cry as she experiences a variety of emotions. When she crosses the finish line, she again breaks down and the tears stream down her face.
LONDON - Northern Ireland authorities say letter bombs have been found at two postal sorting offices, weeks after similar packages were sent to army facilities in England.
NEW YORK - A new Wes Anderson film arrives like a magician's latest illusion, greeted by questions of not just "How does he do it?" but "What is it, exactly?"
BOSTON - A federal judge says the government must begin paying for the legal defense of a 20-year-old man accused of lying for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv).
MANAMA, Bahrain - Bahrain says two children are being treated for wounds sustained in an explosion and that four people linked to a deadly bombing earlier this week have been arrested.
EWING, New Jersey - The contractor working for New Jersey's largest utility at the site of a town house explosion that killed one resident recently had been fined more than $100,000 by safety regulators for problems at two other sites, but the utility said Wednesday it never had any problems with the construction firm.
WASHINGTON - A Jordanian-born Palestinian convicted in a 1982 airline bombing that killed a Japanese teenager remains in federal immigration custody one year after being released from prison.
BOSTON - Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev say a remark he made to his sister during a prison visit was meant to be funny and wasn't incriminating, as prosecutors have suggested.
PARACHINAR, Pakistan - The Pakistani government pushed forward with Taliban peace negotiations on Wednesday, despite recent militant attacks that include a roadside bomb in the country's northwest that killed six soldiers.
EUGENE, Oregon - Police in Eugene, Oregon, say a man and a woman refused service at a pizza shop because they were intoxicated came back later and tried to set the shop on fire as employees huddled in the basement.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Bahrain's Interior Minister says authorities have arrested 25 people in the Gulf Arab nation on suspicion of involvement with a bomb attack that killed three police officers.
MASONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Police say a fake bomb built by some children who were mimicking the popular "Call of Duty" war video game drew a bomb squad in southwestern Pennsylvania.
BOSTON - Hundreds of runners dressed like superheroes raced down the final 18 miles of the Boston Marathon course Saturday, training for the world's oldest marathon a year after twin explosions killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.
SAN FRANCISCO - In its quest to find a suspected domestic terrorist on the lam for a decade, the FBI on Friday began placing his image on billboards across the country.
OAKLAND, California - A California man with delusions of joining the Taliban was sentenced Thursday to 15 years in federal prison for trying to blow up a bank with a car bomb he thought would go off but was actually made up of inert materials supplied by the FBI.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A car bomb blast Thursday in a normally quiet Mogadishu neighborhood blew the facade off a tea shop where intelligence officers are known to congregate, killing at least 11 people, police said.
STARKE, Florida - A drug trafficker who placed a pipe bomb in a gift-wrapped microwave oven in a plot to kill two potential murder witnesses was executed Wednesday for the 1992 death of a Florida highway trooper who became the unintended victim.