- Rising violence kills over 200 in a week in Syria's Aleppo Updated: Apr-29-16 4:10 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Syrian army and rebels unleashed deadly new attacks on each other Friday in Aleppo, with insurgents shelling a mosque during weekly prayers and government airstrikes hitting opposition neighborhoods in escalating bloodshed the U.N. decried as a "monstrous disregard for civilian lives by all parties."
- Man shot at TV station charged with arson, other charges Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Criminal charges have been filed against a man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: MSF says Syria hospital bombing killed 50 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:40 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on developments in Syria's civil war (all times local):
- 2 Birmingham men accused of funding Brussels bomb suspect Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
LONDON - Two Birmingham men were accused in court Friday of giving money to a key suspect in the Brussels and Paris bombings in a case that may link British residents to those plots.
- Islamic State group claims bomb attack on Saudi police Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a bomb attack in eastern Saudi Arabia that officials say wounded an officer on patrol.
- 3rd of 4 Mormon missionaries injured in Brussels goes home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Mormon missionary injured in the Brussels bombing attack is back at home after he was released from a Salt Lake City hospital.
- Germany: Teens who bombed Sikh temple were IS sympathizers Updated: Apr-28-16 12:30 pm
BERLIN - German authorities say two teenagers suspected of carrying out a bombing on a Sikh temple in the western city of Essen were sympathizers of the Islamic State group.
- Police: Pipe bomb turns out to be geocache container Updated: Apr-28-16 10:01 am
BUHL, Idaho - The discovery of a suspected pipe bomb in south-central Idaho that caused the partial lockdown of schools in Buhl and drew the Twin Falls Police Bomb Squad turned out to be a geocache.
- Bahrain sentences 8 to life in prison on terrorism charges Updated: Apr-28-16 7:53 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in Bahrain has sentenced eight people to life in prison on various terrorism-related charges connected to protests by the country's majority Shiites demanding greater rights from the tiny-island nation's Sunni-led monarchy.
- Turkey: 15 detained in connection to suicide bombing Updated: Apr-28-16 4:23 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish authorities on Thursday detained 15 people in connection with a suicide bomb attack in the northwestern city of Bursa which wounded 13 people, Interior Minister Efkan Ala said.
- Okla. senators thank Garland for bombing work, oppose vote Updated: Apr-27-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Oklahoma Republican Sens. Jim Inhofe and James Lankford say they have thanked Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland for his lead role investigating the 1995 bombing at the federal building in Oklahoma City.
- Aquino: Canadian's killers also plotted to kidnap Pacquiao Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine president said Wednesday that Abu Sayyaf militants may have plotted to kill him and kidnap boxing star Manny Pacquiao, disclosing previously unknown details about an extremist group blamed for the beheading of a Canadian hostage.
- Egypt official says Sinai bombing kills 3 police, wounds 8 Updated: Apr-27-16 7:32 am
CAIRO - Egypt's state news agency says three policemen have been killed in a roadside bombing in the turbulent north of the Sinai Peninsula.
- Man arrested in 2003 Philadelphia firebombing that killed 5 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A man who got into a fight with a boxer outside a club went to the boxer's home later that night with friends and threw Molotov cocktails at the windows, igniting a fire that killed him and four relatives, police said Tuesday in announcing an arrest in the 2003 cold case.
- Norway appeals ruling that Breivik's rights were violated Updated: Apr-26-16 9:35 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Norway's government on Tuesday filed an appeal against the Oslo district court's ruling that Norwegian authorities had violated the human rights of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik.
- Bomb-hit Brussels subway station reopens a month on Updated: Apr-25-16 4:36 am
BRUSSELS - The Brussels subway station where 16 people were killed by a suicide bomber has reopened just over a month after the attacks.
- The Latest: Daughter: Mom was with me during dad's rampage Updated: Apr-23-16 5:44 pm
APPLING, Georgia - The Latest on shootings in Georgia that left five people dead, plus a suspect who apparently killed himself (all times local):
- Officer hurt in shootout with marathon bombers welcomes son Updated: Apr-22-16 9:11 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A former transit police officer who was critically injured during the shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers has welcomed a son three years to the day after he awoke from a coma.
- Syrian refugee named torchbearer in Greek leg of Rio relay Updated: Apr-22-16 11:23 am
ATHENS, Greece - A Syrian refugee who had part of a leg amputated after a bombing will be one of the torchbearers for the Greek leg of the Rio de Janeiro Olympic flame relay.
- Turkey: 3 soldiers killed in attack on military vehicle Updated: Apr-22-16 5:03 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says three soldiers were killed in a bomb attack on a road in Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast region where the security forces are battling Kurdish rebels.
- Hawaii looks for more money to restore Kahoolawe Updated: Apr-21-16 9:42 pm
HONOLULU - A Hawaiian island used as a military bombing range for nearly 50 years is now facing more problems with cuts in funding for restoration efforts.
- Iran calls US Supreme Court ruling on Beirut blast a 'theft' Updated: Apr-21-16 3:03 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran rejected on Thursday a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court the day before that clears the way for families of victims of the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut and other attacks linked to Iran to collect nearly $2 billion in frozen Iranian funds.
- Police say mailbox destroyed by suspected pipe bomb Updated: Apr-21-16 12:14 pm
ARVADA, Colorado - An explosion heard for 10 blocks is believed to have destroyed a mailbox with a pipe bomb on Thursday.
- High Court sides with families of '83 Beirut bombing victims Updated: Apr-20-16 4:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday cleared the way for families of victims of the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut and other attacks linked to Iran to collect nearly $2 billion in frozen Iranian funds.
- The Latest: UN Security Council condemns Taliban attack Updated: Apr-19-16 7:57 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Latest on the militant assault on an Afghan government security compound in Kabul (all times local):