- Man carrying box he said had bomb robs bank Updated: May-25-15 4:28 pm
HYATTSVILLE, Maryland - Authorities say a man carrying a box he claimed contained a bomb robbed a bank in Hyattsville.
- Afghan official: 19 police, 7 soldiers dead in ongoing siege Updated: May-25-15 3:10 pm
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Taliban gunmen have surrounded a police compound in the volatile southern province of Helmand after killing 19 policemen and seven soldiers in an ongoing siege, a senior police officer said on Monday from inside the compound.
- Son of Pakistan's president escapes bomb attack killing 3 Updated: May-25-15 3:49 am
QUETTA, Pakistan - Police say the son of Pakistan's president has escaped a roadside bomb attack unharmed after the blast killed three people and wounded 15.
- Hezbollah vows to expand involvement in Syria's civil war Updated: May-24-15 3:50 pm
BEIRUT - The leader of the militant Hezbollah group said Sunday that the region is facing "unprecedented danger" from extremist groups and vowed his fighters will expand their involvement in Syria's civil war in support of government forces.
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium Updated: May-22-15 11:52 am
LONDON - British police say the army has safely removed an unexploded World War II bomb found near London's Wembley Stadium.
- UK bomb maker sentenced to life for killing US soldier Updated: May-22-15 8:16 am
LONDON - A British man was sentenced Friday to life in prison for making a roadside bomb that killed a U.S. soldier in Iraq in 2007.
- Laramie man found guilty of plotting to kill man with bomb Updated: May-21-15 2:08 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A jury has found a Laramie man guilty of plotting to use a homemade pipe bomb to kill the man his wife was reportedly having an affair with.
- Jury silent after sentencing Boston marathon bomber to death Updated: May-20-15 2:29 pm
BOSTON - The jurors in the trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are lying low after months of being center stage in one of the most closely watched terror trials in the post-9/11 era.
- 3 suspects sought in tire shop firebombing that killed teens Updated: May-19-15 2:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators are searching for three male suspects in the firebombing of a Los Angeles-area tire shop that killed three teenagers.
- Khamenei's adviser dismisses Iran role in Argentina bombing Updated: May-19-15 12:19 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An adviser to Iran's supreme leader is dismissing accusations that he masterminded Argentina's worst terrorist attack and says that he and the Islamic Republic are innocent.
- Will death make Tsarnaev a martyr? Experts say it depends Updated: May-17-15 10:50 am
BOSTON - Does putting Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death make him a martyr for the cause?
- Army weighs if ex-Green Beret hero should be dismissed Updated: May-16-15 10:52 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An Army officer stripped of a medal for heroism under fire and his right to call himself a Green Beret is fighting for his military career after accusations he tracked down and killed a suspected bomb-maker in Afghanistan.
- The Latest on Boston Marathon trial: 'The jury has spoken' Updated: May-15-15 5:31 pm
- Cop almost killed in Boston Marathon shootout returns to job Updated: May-15-15 1:44 pm
BOSTON - The transit police officer almost killed during a shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers has returned to work - with a promotion.
- Bin Laden top aide faces sentencing in embassy bombing case Updated: May-14-15 1:57 pm
NEW YORK - Defense lawyers are urging a federal judge to sentence a former top aide to Osama bin Laden to less than life in prison for his conviction in the deadly 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa while prosecutors are calling for a life term, saying he has "grossly miscast himself as an opponent of violence."
- Gaza officials: 'Dozens' wounded by blast at Hamas base Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say dozens of people were injured when a bomb exploded at a training base used by the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the territory.
- Feds: Suspect in Islamic State case searched 'suicide' Updated: May-13-15 3:19 pm
CHICAGO - Federal prosecutors say a 19-year-old Chicago-area man accused of trying to join the Islamic State group searched the terms "suicide" and "suicide bombings" on his phone before his 2014 arrest.
- Tow truck hauling NYPD bomb vehicle kills man in W. Pa. Updated: May-12-15 8:19 am
CONNELLSVILLE, Pennsylvania - A man was killed when a tow truck hauling a New York Police Department bomb squad vehicle rear-ended his SUV on a western Pennsylvania road.
- What's next in the trial of the Boston Marathon bomber Updated: May-08-15 12:11 pm
BOSTON - The trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is winding down after months of testimony about the deadly 2013 attack. Jurors have seen gruesome autopsy photos of the three people killed in the bombings and heard tearful stories from survivors. They've also listened to teachers and family members describe Tsarnaev as a kind, caring child who grew up in a dysfunctional family. Soon, the jury will begin deliberating his punishment: life in prison or the death penalty. Here's what's next in the trial:
- 2 women charged in NYC bomb plotting case plead not guilty Updated: May-07-15 2:58 pm
NEW YORK - Two women arrested last month for plotting to build a homemade bomb and wage jihad in New York City pleaded not guilty Thursday during a brief court appearance in a Brooklyn federal courthouse.
- Arizona DPS officers find a pipe bomb in a Phoenix home Updated: May-07-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety officers say they discovered a pipe bomb in a Phoenix home while serving a search warrant.
- Bly balloon bombing recalled at 70th anniversary picnic Updated: May-06-15 4:34 pm
BLY, Oregon - A beautiful day for a picnic.
- Kerry seeks pause in Yemen war as he arrives in Saudi Arabia Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought to secure a pause in Yemen's war as he arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to meet with the king and other top officials, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that already has neighboring countries bracing for a mass exodus of refugees. He was to hold further talks Thursday.
- Germany: 4 arrests in alleged plot to attack Islamic targets Updated: May-06-15 10:34 am
BERLIN - German authorities conducted raids across the country on Wednesday, seizing explosives and arresting four people accused of founding a right-wing extremist group to attack mosques and housing for asylum seekers.
- Philippines says notorious bomb-maker killed by rebels Updated: May-06-15 7:44 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Filipino bomb-maker who was one of the country's top terror suspects was killed by Muslim rebels who earlier signed a peace deal with the government, the Philippine military said Wednesday.