- Police: Long Island man threw firebomb into ex's home Updated: Nov-25-15 5:57 am
BALDWIN, New York - Police say a 21-year-old man set a Mercedes-Benz ablaze and threw a firebomb through an upstairs window of his ex-girlfriend's house - a week after he tried unsuccessfully to set the Long Island home on fire.
- Boston Marathon bombing survivors brace for movies on attack Updated: Nov-25-15 12:58 am
BOSTON - Less than three years after bombs killed three people and wounded more than 260 others at the Boston Marathon, two movies, a play and an HBO documentary are in the works, causing decidedly mixed feelings among some of those most touched by the tragedy.
- Libya official: Car bomb kills 5 at checkpoint near Tripoli Updated: Nov-24-15 1:15 pm
BENGHAZI, Libya - A security official with Libya's Islamist government says a suicide car bombing struck a checkpoint in a town near the capital, Tripoli, killing five militia fighters.
- EasyJet, BA cancel Sharm el-Sheikh flights until January Updated: Nov-24-15 9:07 am
LONDON - British Airways and easyJet have canceled flights to Sharm el-Sheikh until at least January, as Britain advises its citizens to avoid travel there after last month's downing of a Russian passenger jet.
- Greece: Bomb explodes at industry federation, no one hurt Updated: Nov-24-15 5:15 am
ATHENS, Greece - A time bomb exploded outside the building of the Federation of Greek Enterprises, near Parliament in central Athens, police said, causing damage but no injuries.
- Thailand indicts 2 for deadly Bangkok bombing Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 am
BANGKOK - A Thai military court on Tuesday indicted two foreigners accused of carrying out a deadly bombing at a shrine in Bangkok but questions hang over the case because of the attackers' unclear motive and an opaque investigation.
- Man charged with leaving fake bomb at Virginia mosque Updated: Nov-23-15 8:06 pm
FALLS CHURCH, Virginia - Authorities say a man has been charged with leaving a fake bomb at a northern Virginia mosque.
- Suicide attacks in Nigeria, Cameroon kill 12 plus 5 bombers Updated: Nov-23-15 9:30 am
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Girl suicide bombers killed 12 people over the weekend in Nigeria and Cameroon, officials said Monday of the attackers who were stopped for routine searches. All five bombers also died, but they could have killed many more people.
- Official: Suicide bomb kills 9 in north Cameroon town Updated: Nov-21-15 12:48 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - A local official in northern Cameroon says at least nine people were killed and dozens injured when suspected Boko Haram militants carried out a suicide attack on a town bordering Nigeria.
- UN approves resolution urging action against Islamic State Updated: Nov-20-15 11:05 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council unanimously approved a French-sponsored resolution Friday calling on all nations to redouble and coordinate action to prevent further attacks by Islamic State terrorists and other extremist groups.
- Airline loses marathon bombing survivor's prosthetic leg Updated: Nov-20-15 12:23 pm
BOSTON - A professional dancer who was injured in the Boston Marathon bombing says American Airlines lost her luggage, which included her prosthetic leg.
- Horace man suffers hand injury when explosive detonates Updated: Nov-20-15 11:41 am
HORACE, North Dakota - Authorities say a 58-year-old Horace man suffered a serious injury to his right hand when an explosive device detonated
- Man convicted in 2009 bombing sues Pulaski County jail Updated: Nov-19-15 5:33 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former doctor convicted in a 2009 bombing that severely injured the Arkansas medical board's chairman is suing the Pulaski County jail, its medical director and federal agents who arranged his pretrial detention, claiming he was given inadequate medical care while in jail.
- IS attacks claim more than 800 lives abroad this year Updated: Nov-19-15 4:31 am
BEIRUT - The Islamic State group has dramatically expanded its theatre of operations from its hub in Syria and Iraq, executing or inspiring a series of attacks across three continents that claimed more than 800 lives this year.
- IS releases picture of bomb it says downed Russian plane Updated: Nov-18-15 1:49 pm
CAIRO - The Islamic State group has released a photo of the bomb it says was used to bring down a Russian passenger plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula last month, killing all 224 people on board.
- Police: Homemade explosive found in Pennsylvania home Updated: Nov-09-15 4:23 am
LANSFORD, Pennsylvania - Authorities say they found a homemade explosive in an eastern Pennsylvania home.
- Man convicted in 1985 mail bomb arrested on parole violation Updated: Nov-08-15 3:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man convicted of sending a mail bomb that exploded at a western Pennsylvania post office three decades ago has been arrested on a parole violation after apparently living in the woods after failing to return to a halfway house, authorities said.
- Saudi woman, child killed in bombing from inside Yemen Updated: Nov-07-15 4:09 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A Saudi Civil Defense spokesman says a Saudi woman and a child have been killed in the border region of Najran by a shell fired from Yemen.
- Teen falsely linked to Boston Marathon bombings speaks out Updated: Nov-06-15 12:17 pm
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - A teenager who was falsely portrayed by a newspaper as a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings says others should use their problems as motivation to be successful.
- Box affixed to Donald Trump sign mistaken for a bomb Updated: Nov-06-15 10:10 am
ANDOVER, Massachusetts - Police in a northern Massachusetts town say a political campaign sign supporting Donald Trump was mistaken for a bomb.
- Police say Yakima man built bomb, intended to kill man Updated: Nov-05-15 12:30 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - Police are seeking attempted murder charges against a Yakima man they say built a bomb to kill his ex-girlfriend's partner.
- Scottish legal body rejects Lockerbie bombing appeal bid Updated: Nov-05-15 12:09 pm
LONDON - A Scottish legal body has quashed a bid for a posthumous appeal for the only man convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing.
- Bond set for Walmart bombing suspect Updated: Nov-03-15 6:56 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bond has been set for a 61-year-old Mississippi man accused of bombing a Walmart because the chain stopped selling his state's flags.
- Mississippi flag backer accused of tossing bomb in Wal-Mart Updated: Nov-02-15 6:30 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A man who's known for flying a 4-foot-long Mississippi state flag on his car has been accused of bombing a Wal-Mart because the chain stopped selling the flag, the police chief said Monday.
- Authorities: No arrests yet in Las Cruces church explosions Updated: Nov-02-15 3:00 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities still are searching for a person of interest in the explosions outside two Las Cruces churches three months ago.