- Teen arrested after small homemade bomb goes off at school Updated: May-05-16 3:44 pm
ESCONDIDO, California - Authorities in San Diego County say 15-year-old student was arrested after a small homemade bomb exploded on the campus of a small school in Escondido.
- Oregon Supreme Court affirms Woodburn bombing convictions Updated: May-05-16 2:51 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court has affirmed convictions and death sentences for a father and son found guilty of killing two police officers in a bank bombing.
- Las Vegas police station reopens after evacuation Updated: May-05-16 12:49 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say they've cleared a suspicious item found in a vehicle at the Las Vegas police headquarters, which prompted the station to be evacuated.
- Minnesota teen accused in school plot returns home Updated: May-04-16 9:00 pm
WASECA, Minnesota - The Minnesota teen accused of plotting an attack on his high school two years ago is back home.
- Police chief who called for marathon bomber's burial retires Updated: May-04-16 7:49 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts police chief who made national news in 2013 when he publicly pleaded for someone to step forward and bury the body of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev (TAM'-ehr-luhn tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) is retiring.
- Car bomb attack in southeast Turkey kills 1, wounds 6 Updated: May-04-16 4:03 am
ISTANBUL - Turkey's state-run news agency says a soldier was killed and six others were wounded in a car bomb attack against their outpost in southeastern Turkey.
- Appeals court rejects latest claim by Erie collar bomb perp Updated: May-03-16 9:19 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A federal appeals court has rejected a request for a new trial by a western Pennsylvania woman convicted in a bizarre bank robbery plot that killed a pizza deliveryman forced to wear a bomb collar.
- Would-be bomber killed with poisoned arrow in Cameroon Updated: May-03-16 9:03 am
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - Authorities in northern Cameroon say a local self-defense group used a poisoned arrow to kill a woman with explosives strapped to her body.
- Turkey: Islamic State behind attack that killed 2 policemen Updated: May-02-16 12:47 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's interior minister says a car bombing that killed two police officers and wounded 22 other people in the southern city of Gaziantep, near Syria, was carried out by militants linked to the Islamic State group.
- Convicted fraudster of Boston bombing charity denied release Updated: May-02-16 11:16 am
BOSTON - A Boston man convicted along with his brother of scamming the Boston Marathon victims' compensation fund out of more than $2 million using the name of a dead aunt has lost his bid to remain free while he challenges the conviction.
- Police ID officers on leave after shooting at TV station Updated: May-02-16 10:57 am
BALTIMORE - Police officials are identifying three SWAT team members on routine administrative leave after the shooting of a man who walked into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb.
- Car bomb in southern Turkey kills 2 police officers Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A car bomb struck the entrance of a Turkish police station Sunday in the southern city of Gaziantep, killing two police officers and wounding 22 other people in a day marred by violence and May Day protests.
- Brussels Airport departure hall reopens after deadly attacks Updated: May-01-16 12:48 pm
BRUSSELS - Under extra security, the Brussels Airport reopened its departure hall Sunday for the first time since deadly Islamic extremist attacks in March.
- Somalia: 11 soldiers killed as extremists retake town Updated: May-01-16 11:32 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A Somali military official says fighters from Islamic extremist rebels recaptured a town in southern Somalia, killing at least 11 Somali government soldiers.
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:42 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday east of Baghdad, according to a statement posted on an IS-affiliated website. The attack killed at least 21 people and wounded at least 42 others, according to Iraqi police and hospital officials. The IS statement described the attack as a three-ton truck bombing.
- 2 Birmingham men accused of funding Brussels bomb suspect Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
LONDON - Two Birmingham men were accused in court Friday of giving money to a key suspect in the Brussels and Paris bombings in a case that may link British residents to those plots.
- 3rd of 4 Mormon missionaries injured in Brussels goes home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Mormon missionary injured in the Brussels bombing attack is back at home after he was released from a Salt Lake City hospital.
- Police: Pipe bomb turns out to be geocache container Updated: Apr-28-16 10:01 am
BUHL, Idaho - The discovery of a suspected pipe bomb in south-central Idaho that caused the partial lockdown of schools in Buhl and drew the Twin Falls Police Bomb Squad turned out to be a geocache.
- Bahrain sentences 8 to life in prison on terrorism charges Updated: Apr-28-16 7:53 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in Bahrain has sentenced eight people to life in prison on various terrorism-related charges connected to protests by the country's majority Shiites demanding greater rights from the tiny-island nation's Sunni-led monarchy.
- Okla. senators thank Garland for bombing work, oppose vote Updated: Apr-27-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Oklahoma Republican Sens. Jim Inhofe and James Lankford say they have thanked Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland for his lead role investigating the 1995 bombing at the federal building in Oklahoma City.
- Man arrested in 2003 Philadelphia firebombing that killed 5 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A man who got into a fight with a boxer outside a club went to the boxer's home later that night with friends and threw Molotov cocktails at the windows, igniting a fire that killed him and four relatives, police said Tuesday in announcing an arrest in the 2003 cold case.
- Norway appeals ruling that Breivik's rights were violated Updated: Apr-26-16 9:35 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Norway's government on Tuesday filed an appeal against the Oslo district court's ruling that Norwegian authorities had violated the human rights of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik.
- Bomb-hit Brussels subway station reopens a month on Updated: Apr-25-16 4:36 am
BRUSSELS - The Brussels subway station where 16 people were killed by a suicide bomber has reopened just over a month after the attacks.
- The Latest: Daughter: Mom was with me during dad's rampage Updated: Apr-23-16 5:44 pm
APPLING, Georgia - The Latest on shootings in Georgia that left five people dead, plus a suspect who apparently killed himself (all times local):
- Officer hurt in shootout with marathon bombers welcomes son Updated: Apr-22-16 9:11 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A former transit police officer who was critically injured during the shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers has welcomed a son three years to the day after he awoke from a coma.