- The Latest: Serena gets Azarenka in Wimbledon quarterfinals Updated: Jul-06-15 11:41 am
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Iraqi fighter jet accidentally bombs Baghdad, 12 killed Updated: Jul-06-15 10:29 am
BAGHDAD - An Iraqi fighter jet accidentally dropped a bomb over a Baghdad neighborhood on Monday, killing at least 12 people on the ground, Iraqi officials said.
- Police charge man in bombing of law firms in Canadian city Updated: Jul-06-15 10:17 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Canadian police have charged a man with sending explosive devices to law firms and other businesses in the city of Winnipeg days after a woman was seriously injured in an explosion.
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51 Updated: Jul-06-15 10:04 am
JOS, Nigeria - Two bombs blamed on the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram exploded at a crowded mosque and a posh Muslim restaurant in Nigeria's central city of Jos, killing 51 people, officials said Monday.
- Touched by tragedy: Survivors and kin recall London bombings Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 am
LONDON - To lose your sister. Your son. Your legs.
- 3 dead, 13 hurt after bomb blast at checkpoint in Kandahar Updated: Jul-05-15 3:47 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - An official says a bomb blast at a police checkpoint in the southern city of Kandahar has killed two civilians, one policeman and wounded 13 others.
- 7/7 spurred tough anti-terror measures some say went too far Updated: Jul-05-15 5:04 am
LONDON - After four home-grown suicide bombers killed 52 London commuters on July 7, 2005, Prime Minister Tony Blair vowed that Britain would stop at nothing to defeat terrorism. "Let no one be in any doubt," he said. "The rules of the game are changing."
- Explosive device injures 6 teens at California house party Updated: Jul-04-15 8:34 pm
MANTECA, California - Authorities said six teenagers were injured after someone tossed an explosive device into a backyard party in the Northern California city of Manteca.
- Egypt foiled extremist 'state' in Sinai, president says Updated: Jul-04-15 2:37 pm
CAIRO - President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, wearing battle dress for the first time in over a year, said Saturday that Egypt had foiled an attempt by the Islamic State group to seize territory and set up an extremist state with its recent assault on the military in the troubled northeastern part of the Sinai Peninsula.
- Official: 10 civilians killed in 3 car bombs in Libya Updated: Jul-04-15 10:40 am
BENGHAZI, Libya - A Libyan official says at least ten civilians were killed when three separate car bombs exploded simultaneously in the eastern coastal city of Darna.
- Colombia president says rebels likely carried out bombings Updated: Jul-03-15 2:50 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - President Juan Manuel Santos said Friday that Colombia's second-largest rebel group is likely to blame for two bomb blasts in the capital that wounded 10 and rattled city residents who have become unaccustomed in recent years to such acts of violence.
- Court rejects bid by victims' kin to clear Lockerbie bomber Updated: Jul-03-15 11:26 am
LONDON - Judges at a Scottish court ruled Friday that relatives of people killed in the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jet over Lockerbie, Scotland cannot launch an appeal on behalf of the only man convicted of the attack.
- Marathon bomber's friend drops appeal on obstruction charges Updated: Jul-03-15 10:04 am
BOSTON - A friend of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) has dropped an appeal of his conviction for obstructing the investigation into the bombing.
- Man tied to 2013 Myanmar hotel blast gets life in prison Updated: Jul-03-15 8:04 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A court in Myanmar on Friday sentenced a man linked to a 2013 bombing that wounded an American tourist in one of the country's most prestigious hotels to life imprisonment and hard labor.
- Police: Bomb found in car during Missouri traffic stop Updated: Jul-02-15 7:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri man arrested after police said they found an improvised explosive device in his vehicle has previous convictions for drug possession and domestic assault.
- Kuwait promotes unity in wake of bombing designed to divide Updated: Jul-02-15 2:39 pm
KUWAIT CITY - An Islamic State sympathizer's deadly bombing in a packed Kuwaiti mosque last week was designed to fit an all-too-familiar pattern: extremists attack Shiites to stoke sectarian hatred and then proclaim themselves the defenders of Sunnis against those they denounce as heretics.
- Hand grenade found at Red Star stadium Updated: Jul-02-15 7:27 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbian Police say they have found an unexploded hand grenade at the Red Star stadium in Belgrade ahead of a Europa League qualifier match.
- The Latest: Attack on NATO convoy in Afghanistan kills 2 Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest news on a suicide attack in the Afghan capital targeting a NATO convoy on the Kabul airport road, near the U.S. Embassy.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Panel urges ex-Green Beret hero out of Army with VA benefits Updated: Jun-29-15 4:49 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An Army officer who was accused of tracking down and killing an unarmed bomb-making suspect in Afghanistan is being recommended for an honorable discharge even though a military panel that looked into the case determined his conduct was unbecoming an officer.
- Emirati court issues death sentence in killing of American Updated: Jun-29-15 2:04 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in the United Arab Emirates sentenced to death a woman convicted of murdering an American teacher with a butcher knife in the bathroom of an upscale Abu Dhabi mall, the state news agency WAM reported Monday.
- Kuwait mosque bomber raised no red flags, transited Bahrain Updated: Jun-29-15 11:38 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Saudi man who blew himself up inside a Shiite mosque in Kuwait managed to slip out of his home country without raising any red flags and board a commercial flight transiting nearby Bahrain less than 24 hours before the deadly attack.
- Suicide bombings hit Chad's capital, kill 11, witnesses say Updated: Jun-29-15 11:19 am
N'DJAMENA, Chad - Two suicide bombings rocked Chad's capital, killing at least 11 people weeks after suicide bombings killed dozens, an official said Monday.
- Police arrest 60 for bombing in Chad capital Updated: Jun-28-15 2:14 pm
N'DJAMENA, Chad - Officials in Chad have arrested 60 people including suspects from Cameroon, Nigeria and Mali in relation to an attack earlier this month in the capital that killed dozens of people and wounded more than 100 others.
- UK beefs up security following bomb attack report Updated: Jun-27-15 9:16 am
LONDON - Security was stepped up at events marking Armed Forces Day across Britain, officials said Saturday amid a news report that officials foiled a bomb attack by the Islamic State group on a military parade in London.