- CTA to upgrade trains from O'Hare, downtown Updated: Dec-05-13 9:23 am
- UTA debuts text service for bus schedules Updated: Dec-05-13 5:16 am
- 9 go to hospitals after California train problem Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Gov. Cuomo: Human error behind fatal NY crash Updated: Dec-04-13 4:14 pm
- Man killed by NJ Transit train in central NJ Updated: Dec-03-13 7:11 pm
- BART unions sue transit agency over contract Updated: Dec-03-13 6:58 pm
- MBTA to resume late night service in the spring Updated: Dec-03-13 11:52 am
- Conn. Metro-North schedule unchanged by derailment Updated: Dec-02-13 2:10 pm
- MBTA ridership soars to record highs Updated: Dec-02-13 11:36 am
- Bus service for NY commuters after derailment Updated: Dec-01-13 7:01 pm
- Newspaper: LA subway ridership may have fallen Updated: Nov-30-13 7:47 pm
- Public buses in Vegas testing out on-board Wi-Fi Updated: Nov-29-13 5:07 pm
- Review of NJ Transit Sandy performance unfinished Updated: Nov-28-13 10:16 am
- Microsoft spending $33M on Redmond transit station Updated: Nov-27-13 4:02 pm
- Group sues Pa. transit agency over non-theist ads Updated: Nov-27-13 12:46 pm
- Travel Roundtable: Thanksgiving transit advice Updated: Nov-27-13 3:17 am
- Metal debris causes major BART delays Updated: Nov-26-13 11:50 pm
- Man hit by light-rail train in Seattle Updated: Nov-25-13 9:34 pm
- Cleveland mass transit turns to diesel-power buses Updated: Nov-24-13 8:20 am
- Civic leaders talk about transit money Updated: Nov-23-13 8:11 am
- MTA: Blasting done for phase 1 of 2nd Ave. subway Updated: Nov-22-13 9:13 pm
- Computer glitch is latest issue for transit agency Updated: Nov-22-13 8:22 pm
- BART service disrupted by computer problem Updated: Nov-22-13 3:23 pm
- Ex-NJ Transit official accused of taking bribe Updated: Nov-22-13 5:49 am
- Study panel favors votes on C. Ind. bus expansion Updated: Nov-21-13 7:25 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Transit Authority is planning a nearly $500 million upgrade to a portion of the agency's rail lines that could cut 10 minutes off the time to travel between O'Hare International Airport and the city's downtown.
SALT LAKE CITY - Figuring out when a transit bus is due to arrive at a bus stop just got easier than carrying paper charts around.
OAKLAND, California - A San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit train's emergency brakes malfunctioned Wednesday, stranding hundreds of passengers in a tunnel and sending at least nine people to hospitals, officials said.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says it appears an engineer's speeding is likely to be what caused the fatal derailment of a New York City commuter train.
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit says a man was struck and killed by a train in central New Jersey.
OAKLAND, California - San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit's two largest unions filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the agency, claiming its board of directors broke state law when it approved a contract without a key provision.
BOSTON - It's been a dilemma for late-night revelers in Boston for years: Stay at a club or restaurant until closing at 2 a.m., then compete for an expensive cab ride home, or leave before 1 a.m. to catch the last subway or bus?
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hudson Line commuters endured an extended train-bus-subway commute a day after a fatal train derailment in the Bronx.
BOSTON - Ridership on the MBTA jumped nearly 3 percent in October when compared to the year-ago month to a record high of more than 36.3 million passenger trips.
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Transit Authority is providing shuttle busses and urging commuters who can to work from home following a train derailment in New York City.
LOS ANGELES - Data shows the number of people riding the city's subway may have fallen significantly since officials began locking the turnstiles in June to prevent passengers from riding for free.
LAS VEGAS - Passengers can now send email and watch YouTube videos on their laptops while riding some public buses in Las Vegas.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The anniversary of Superstorm Sandy has come and gone, and an independent review of how New Jersey's transportation agency responded to the storm has yet to be released, despite officials' assurances that it would be completed months ago.
SEATTLE - Microsoft has agreed to pay $33 million for enhancements to a transit station in Redmond, mostly for a bike and pedestrian bridge over Highway 520.
PITTSBURGH - A group that seeks to encourage people who don't believe in God has sued Pittsburgh's mass transit agency for refusing to run its ads on the side of buses.
So you're heading out of town for Thanksgiving. Be warned: You're wading into a vast sea of people doing exactly the same thing, moving across the United States on one of the hugest travel weekends of all - with a lot of rough weather in the mix.
OAKLAND, California - Metal debris on a Bay Area Rapid Transit track in Oakland caused major delays during Tuesday's evening commute.
SEATTLE - A Sound Transit spokesman says a male pedestrian was struck Monday evening by a Sound Transit light-rail train.
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's mass transit agency plans to replace most of its fleet of diesel-powered buses over the next four years with buses using natural gas.
Economic growth in the Southeast Valley and the state could sputter without massive investments in transportation, regional leaders were told earlier this month.
NEW YORK - Workers have finished all blasting operations for the first phase of the massive Second Avenue subway construction project.
OAKLAND, California - In recent months, the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit system has seen two strikes shut down service and had two workers killed on tracks.
OAKLAND, California - A computer problem shut down a major San Francisco Bay Area transit agency for several hours on Friday morning, forcing some commuters to find an alternate way to get to their destinations.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors are accusing a former New Jersey Transit supervisor of accepting an $8,000 bribe.
INDIANAPOLIS - A legislative study panel is recommending that voters in five central Indiana counties decide whether to raise taxes to pay for expanded mass transit bus service.