- Years after losing her leg, woman still playing volleyball Updated: Jul-05-15 11:01 am
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - It's been two years, sixth months and 19 days since a life-altering car accident had Christian County High School graduate and Crofton native Courtney Baker asking if she'd ever play volleyball again.
- Hilltoppers earned 8 titles, bowl win in first C-USA season Updated: Jun-30-15 12:27 pm
Western Kentucky athletic director Todd Stewart wants to follow up his program's strong debut in Conference USA with an even better encore.
- Western Massachusetts hopes to get 2024 Olympics venues Updated: Jun-21-15 12:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Western Massachusetts economic development officials are hoping for Olympics venues if Boston becomes host for the 2024 games.
- Iran defeats US in home volleyball match Updated: Jun-19-15 4:38 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has defeated the United States 3-0 at a home volleyball match attended by 12,000 people and broadcast live on state TV, as a ban on female spectators remained in place despite an official saying recently that it might be eased.
- Lawsuit: Delaware coach pushed religion on athletes Updated: Jun-17-15 4:58 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A former Delaware State University volleyball player contends she lost her athletic scholarship because she objected to the coach's requirement that she attend church and participate in Bible studies.
- AP Interview: Iran partially opens stadium doors to women Updated: Jun-09-15 4:59 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A limited number of Iranian women will be allowed to watch Volleyball World League games in Tehran later this month, a senior government official has told The Associated Press, part of a government move to allow women and families to attend male sporting events.
- Only 35 percent of tickets allocated for 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: Jun-08-15 8:47 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Only 35 percent of the tickets initially available for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics have been allocated to Brazilian fans after the first phase of sales ended.