- EU slams Syria for gaps in chemical weapons declaration Updated: Nov-30-15 7:45 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A European Union envoy criticized Syria on Monday for "gaps and contradictions" in its declarations about its chemical weapons arsenal to the global watchdog overseeing the destruction of the toxic armaments.
- Israel tests missile to defend against airborne attacks Updated: Nov-26-15 1:32 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's military says it has successfully tested an advanced surface-to-air missile that analysts believe could play a key role in securing the country's offshore gas fields.
- Officials: IS determined to produce chemical weapons Updated: Nov-19-15 11:54 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group is aggressively pursuing development of chemical weapons, setting up a branch dedicated to research and experiments with the help of scientists from Iraq, Syria and elsewhere in the region, according to Iraqi and U.S. intelligence officials.
- Naval missile test off California creates streaking light Updated: Nov-08-15 1:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - A bright, colorful light that streaked across the California sky, startling residents and leading to a flurry of calls to law enforcement, turned out to be an unarmed missile test-fired from a Navy submarine off the coast Saturday evening, officials said.
- Nigeria: Agents besiege home of accused security adviser Updated: Nov-05-15 6:48 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - Security agents besieging the home of Nigeria's former presidential adviser on national security, and preventing him from leaving the country, said Thursday he is refusing to answer questions about a $2 billion arms deal.
- US, SKorea express "grave concern" at NKorean threats Updated: Nov-02-15 7:57 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The U.S. and South Korea expressed "grave concern" Monday over North Korea's stated plan to conduct a missile or nuclear test, but they announced no specific new steps toward giving South Korea control of its own forces in the event of a North Korean attack.
- WWII bomb destroyed at Duesseldorf airport, some disruption Updated: Nov-02-15 4:38 am
BERLIN - A World War II bomb unearthed at Duesseldorf airport has been destroyed in a controlled explosion, forcing the airport to suspend flights for about an hour.