- Past Triple Crown winners ready to welcome a new one Updated: May-26-15 6:15 pm
Steve Cauthen thinks it's long past time for a new horse to join the exclusive club of Triple Crown winners.
- American Pharoah gets 1st work in since winning Preakness Updated: May-26-15 4:13 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Trainer Bob Baffert was pleased with Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner American Pharoah's workout on Tuesday as he prepares for the Belmont Stakes and his attempt to become horse racing's first Triple Crown winner since 1978.
- Some dramatic Triple Crown finishes, winners and losers Updated: May-22-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Funny how a 1 1/2-mile race - the farthest distance most horses will ever run - can be decided by a head, neck or nose, or by 8, 25 or even 31 lengths.
- Preakness winner American Pharoah returns to Churchill Downs Updated: May-18-15 7:15 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - American Pharoah took a short walk to stretch his legs after his flight before getting a bath and retiring to his barn for some well-earned rest.
- Potential spoilers taking on American Pharoah in Belmont Updated: May-18-15 2:20 am
NEW YORK - Dortmund won't be around for this one, but a familiar cast of 3-year-olds are lining up as potential spoilers when American Pharoah attempts to win the Belmont Stakes and give thoroughbred racing its first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah healthy, but tired Updated: May-17-15 7:17 pm
BALTIMORE - American Pharoah wins on dry tracks, wet tracks, any tracks.
- What was learned from American Pharoah's Preakness victory Updated: May-17-15 2:06 am
BALTIMORE - That was easy, wasn't it?
- Chenery, Cauthen: American Pharoah has the Triple Crown look Updated: May-16-15 11:54 pm
Secretariat owner Penny Chenery and Affirmed jockey Steve Cauthen believe American Pharoah is that special horse capable of ending a 37-year Triple Crown drought. Ron Turcotte agrees.
- American Pharoah romps in Preakness; Triple Crown try next Updated: May-16-15 9:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Minutes before the Preakness, it was an ominous scene at Pimlico Race Course. Thunder and lightning. Wind and rain. A record crowd scrambling for cover. A drenched racetrack.
- Tall Tale: Surprising 2nd for Tale of Verve in Preakness Updated: May-16-15 8:50 pm
BALTIMORE - A 30-1 long shot in the morning line, Tale of Verve got virtually no love from the media or bettors leading up to the Preakness.
- Ironicus wins Dixie Stakes on Preakness undercard Updated: May-16-15 6:17 pm
BALTIMORE - Ironicus surged in the stretch to win the $300,000 Dixie Stakes, the richest race Saturday on the Preakness undercard at Pimlico.
- Pimlico official says Preakness could move to Sunday in 2016 Updated: May-16-15 5:06 pm
BALTIMORE - There could come a time in the next few years when the Preakness is held on a Sunday at Laurel Park.
- Water main break leaves Pimlico short on Preakness Day Updated: May-16-15 4:41 pm
BALTIMORE - A water-main break around two miles from Pimlico Race Course has left the track short of water on Preakness Day.
- Preakness starters' names evolve from an involved process Updated: May-15-15 3:03 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Coming up with a clever name for a thoroughbred can be a challenge - and not just creatively.
- Protest of Baltimore police actions planned on Preakness Day Updated: May-14-15 3:17 pm
BALTIMORE - Some groups opposed to Baltimore police actions in the Freddie Gray case plan to rally in downtown Baltimore Saturday afternoon.
- Derby winner American Pharoah has dreaded rail for Preakness Updated: May-13-15 9:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Bob Baffert can only hope the finish of the Preakness Stakes turns out better than the post-position draw.
- Kentucky Derby winner American Pharoah arrives at Pimlico Updated: May-13-15 3:54 pm
BALTIMORE - Kentucky Derby winner American Pharoah has arrived at Pimlico Race Course, site of Saturday's Preakness.
- American Pharoah heads small field of 8 horses in Preakness Updated: May-13-15 1:45 pm
BALTIMORE - Kentucky Derby winner American Pharoah will face seven challengers in Saturday's Preakness.
- Derby winner's Triple bid could be derailed by stablemate Updated: May-13-15 2:21 am
BALTIMORE - To spoil or not to spoil. That is the question.
- Barbaro's owners back at Preakness with Divining Rod Updated: May-12-15 9:42 pm
Roy and Gretchen Jackson are heading back to the Preakness as owners for the first time since Barbaro's fateful trip to Pimlico nine years ago.
- Trainer Todd Pletcher takes pass on Preakness Updated: May-12-15 4:06 pm
NEW YORK - The Preakness is out for trainer Todd Pletcher.
- Hall of Famer Stevens looking to turn tables in Preakness Updated: May-12-15 1:42 pm
BALTIMORE - Gary Stevens came within a length of his fourth Kentucky Derby win when Firing Line finished second to American Pharoah.
- Will Orioles, Preakness help soothe ravaged Baltimore? Updated: May-10-15 10:59 am
BALTIMORE - Looting, rioting and violence has left Baltimore rattled and in a state of repair. Officials hope a big sports week has a healing effect on the beleaguered city.
- Lookin' at trainer Bob Baffert's 5 Preakness wins Updated: May-09-15 1:20 pm
Robert Wyndham Walden is the King of the Preakness.
- Preakness hoping for record crowd, despite Baltimore unrest Updated: May-07-15 4:43 pm
BALTIMORE - The general manager of the Maryland Jockey Club anticipates a record crowd at the Preakness next Saturday, despite recent unrest and rioting in Baltimore.