- 2 workers hurt in explosion at fire extinguisher factory Updated: Feb-12-16 3:54 pm
WALLKILL, New York - State police say two workers from a fire extinguisher factory are hospitalized with severe leg injuries caused by an explosion.
- Fines issued after 2 at Salina facility suffer amputations Updated: Feb-11-16 4:28 pm
SALINA, Kansas - A federal agency has fined a food preparation company more than $170,000 because of worker injuries that included two amputations at its Salina facility.
- Man pleads guilty to defrauding tribe through insurance scam Updated: Feb-11-16 9:18 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A Northern California man has pleaded guilty to defrauding an Indian tribe for millions of dollars as part of a workers' compensation scam.
- Former administrative law judge pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Feb-03-16 9:35 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former New Mexico Workers' Compensation Administrative Law Judge accused of embezzling more than $500,000 has pleaded guilty in federal court.
- Worker injured when 1,200-lb. slab of granite falls on him Updated: Feb-02-16 9:17 am
WHEATFIELD, New York - Authorities say an employee of a Ohio company is hospitalized with injuries to his back and legs after a slab of granite weighing more than half a ton fell on him at a western New York business
- OSHA investigates man's 33-foot fall at Kansas power plant Updated: Jan-27-16 6:37 pm
LA CYGNE, Kansas - Federal officials are investigating after a worker fell 33 feet at an east-central Kansas power plant.
- Advocacy group says death at Arkansas center was negligent Updated: Jan-26-16 9:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas woman choked to death during a seizure at a state-run human development center because staff thought she was "faking," a disability rights advocacy group concluded in a report released Tuesday.
- Murray urges bigger cut than West Virginia governor laid out Updated: Jan-26-16 5:29 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin plans to give struggling coal producers a break by dropping a tax used to pay off a workers' compensation debt.
- Bill aims to clarify state's workers' compensation law Updated: Jan-26-16 10:28 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A bill introduced in the South Dakota House would clarify state law on when part-time employees injured on the job should also receive workers' compensation benefits for their other part-time positions.
- Federal jury orders Skico to pay damages to former employee Updated: Jan-15-16 12:49 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - A federal jury in Colorado has ordered Aspen Skiing Co. to pay a former employee $150,000 for violating the Americans with Disabilities Act.