- While WA wolf population grows, attacks decrease Updated: Mar-10-14 7:14 pm
- SD animal cruelty bill moves on to House Updated: Mar-10-14 4:27 pm
- Contagious canine virus found at animal shelter Updated: Mar-08-14 1:40 pm
- Tucson bighorn deaths draws criticism of project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:56 pm
- Woman charged in bleached puppies case Updated: Mar-07-14 11:29 am
- 1 of 11 starving horses euthanized after rescue Updated: Mar-06-14 5:31 pm
- Regulators cite Harrah's act for animal abuses Updated: Mar-06-14 4:31 pm
- Central Ohio shelter closes after dogs catch virus Updated: Mar-06-14 10:43 am
- Near record number of deer taken in Arkansas Updated: Mar-05-14 2:54 pm
- USDA looks at U. of Michigan animal research Updated: Mar-05-14 1:34 pm
- Rescue groups help give shelter animals 2nd chance Updated: Mar-05-14 10:24 am
- Macon-Bibb County Commission OKs animal shelter Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 am
- Hutchinson woman leaves $226,000 to animal shelter Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 am
- Catalina Island fox population nearing 2,000 Updated: Mar-04-14 6:45 pm
- Rescued dogs to be raffled by Vegas shelter group Updated: Mar-04-14 5:51 pm
- NY horse rescuer settles suits with Suffolk SPCA Updated: Mar-04-14 11:40 am
- 24 cats, 3 dogs rescued from Pa. veteran's car Updated: Mar-03-14 3:43 pm
- Indiana woman lauded for work to end puppy mills Updated: Mar-03-14 10:23 am
- ASPCA offers free insulated dog houses in Queens Updated: Mar-03-14 9:16 am
- Western NY city to bait, shoot surging deer herd Updated: Mar-03-14 3:06 am
- Alaska wolf killings upset National Park Service Updated: Mar-02-14 7:43 pm
- Homes sought for cats of Ohio woman killed by dogs Updated: Mar-02-14 11:58 am
- NH researchers study horseshoe crab bleeding Updated: Mar-02-14 9:29 am
- SD inmates care for orphaned puppies Updated: Mar-01-14 6:57 pm
- Reward offered in dog stabbing on reservation Updated: Feb-28-14 4:44 pm
SEATTLE - Wildlife officials report there were fewer conflicts between wolves and livestock or humans in 2013.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota legislative panel endorsed a measure Monday that would make animal cruelty a felony in South Dakota, the only state without such a law.
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - A contagious and deadly canine virus has surfaced at a Tennessee animal shelter.
State wildlife officials addressed critics of its sheep-relocation project Friday, saying the effort could still prove successful despite the deaths of more than a dozen bighorns north of Tucson.
FOND DU LAC, Wisconsin - The mother of an 8-year-old boy accused of injuring two puppies with bleach is charged in Fond du Lac County.
LEBANON, Missouri - One of 11 horses rescued from a south-central Missouri property last week has been euthanized.
LAS VEGAS - The U.S. Department of Agriculture says a circus act featured at two Harrah's casinos in Nevada has been treating its big cats poorly.
HEATH, Ohio - A central Ohio animal shelter has temporarily closed to the public after a litter of puppies contracted a contagious viral disease and died.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission reports a near record number of deer were taken during the 2013-14 deer hunting season.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The U.S. Department of Agriculture plans to review incidents involving animal research at University of Michigan, including the accidental strangulation of a baboon, officials said.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Emily Halgrimson's dog, Penny, is a happy, 40-pound beagle whose name suits her bright coppery color.
MACON, Georgia - The Macon-Bibb County Commission has approved a $2 million construction contract for a new animal shelter.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A 93-year-old Hutchinson woman who died in May left a lasting legacy to her city's animal shelter.
AVALON, California - There's good news for the endangered Catalina Island fox.
LAS VEGAS - County officials have decided to let an animal shelter organization hold a raffle fundraiser to find homes for 27 puppies rescued in a Las Vegas pet shop arson case.
RIVERHEAD, New York - The head of a horse rescue group has settled state and federal lawsuits against the Suffolk SPCA.
LEBANON, Pennsylvania - More than two dozen animals were rescued from a homeless veteran's car after she checked herself into a Pennsylvania VA hospital.
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - An Indiana woman has received national recognition for her work to help break up puppy mills and rehabilitate dogs rescued from the breeding operations.
NEW YORK - The ASPCA in New York City has started a pilot program that provides free insulated shelters for at-risk dogs that spend a lot of time outdoors.
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York - A western New York city is bringing back a bait-and-shoot program to reduce a surging deer population that's causing damage to property and hazards to motorists.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska Fish and Game officials killed an Eastern Interior wolf pack last week, and the National Park Service - which had been studying the animals - is none too pleased.
DAYTON, Ohio - Many of the cats cared for by an Ohio woman who police say was fatally mauled by two dogs have been put up for adoption at an animal shelter.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - Collecting and bleeding horseshoe crabs for biomedical purposes could be hastening a decline in their population in parts of the East Coast, according to researchers from Plymouth State University and the University of New Hampshire.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Inmates in a southeast South Dakota penitentiary are caring for a group of orphaned puppies.
RED LAKE, Minnesota - A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to whoever stabbed a male pit bull in northern Minnesota.