- Trial over New Mexico 'right-to-die' law to begin Updated: Dec-09-13 9:37 am
- Kansas infant mortality rate higher than nation Updated: Dec-09-13 9:34 am
- Poland urges Conn. inmate not get death sentence Updated: Dec-09-13 9:28 am
- Report: NSA spying on virtual worlds, online games Updated: Dec-09-13 8:55 am
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents Updated: Dec-09-13 8:41 am
- Obama heading to South Africa for Mandela memorial Updated: Dec-09-13 8:40 am
- Sanford discusses immigration with reform group Updated: Dec-09-13 8:39 am
- FIFA condemns 'very sad' fan violence in Brazil Updated: Dec-09-13 8:39 am
- Topeka high school tests hair for drugs Updated: Dec-09-13 8:29 am
- White supremacist's court hearing delayed in ND Updated: Dec-09-13 8:22 am
- Philippine gov't, rebels sign power-sharing accord Updated: Dec-09-13 8:08 am
- Singapore leader calls for restraint after riot Updated: Dec-09-13 8:04 am
- Group seeks to extend time abuse victims can sue Updated: Dec-09-13 8:01 am
- Tech giants call for controls on gov't snooping Updated: Dec-09-13 7:31 am
- Rising riches: 1 in 5 in US reaches affluence Updated: Dec-09-13 7:29 am
- Astor estate donates $9M for education programs Updated: Dec-09-13 6:35 am
- AP finds bodies of 6 after ethnic killings in Mali Updated: Dec-09-13 6:23 am
- What football gave to Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-09-13 5:53 am
- IOC to remind athletes against protests in Sochi Updated: Dec-09-13 5:43 am
- MU joins South African preservation effort Updated: Dec-09-13 5:04 am
- Sentencing delay sought in immigrant smuggling Updated: Dec-09-13 4:07 am
- 'Day of Action' planned by NY teachers, union Updated: Dec-09-13 3:05 am
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment Updated: Dec-09-13 1:20 am
- Thousands to join LA county social workers' strike Updated: Dec-09-13 1:16 am
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors Updated: Dec-08-13 11:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A legal challenge to a decades-old New Mexico law that prohibits physicians from helping terminally ill patients die is set to go to trial.
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas health officials say the state continues to search for ways to improve its infant mortality death rate.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The president of Poland is urging Connecticut officials to not impose the death penalty on a former Trumbull man convicted of murder in the deaths of a Bridgeport woman, her 9-year-old daughter and a Milford man.
LONDON - Reports say British and American intelligence officers have been spying on gamers across the world, deploying undercover officers to virtual universes and sucking up traffic from popular online games such as World of Warcraft.
LOS ANGELES - Violent dramas on the broadcast networks carry milder parental cautions than cable shows like "The Walking Dead" but can equal them in graphic gore, a failure of the TV ratings system, a new study found.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has taken off for South Africa to attend a national memorial service for anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - U.S. Rep Mark Sanford says he would support a stronger work visa program as a way to deal with the nation's immigration issues.
SAO PAULO - As disturbing images of fans hitting each other made their way to front pages across Brazil, FIFA moved quickly to downplay the risk of fan violence inside stadiums during the World Cup.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka high school has been testing students' hair to determine if they've been using drugs.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A court hearing for a white supremacist who allegedly terrorized residents of a small North Dakota town he's trying to turn into an Aryan enclave has been rescheduled.
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine officials have signed a power-sharing accord with the country's largest Muslim rebel group and expect to sign a final peace pact with the insurgents next month to end a decadeslong rebellion in the volatile south.
SINGAPORE - Singapore's prime minister urged citizens not to react negatively toward migrant workers on Monday following the first rioting in 40 years in the wealthy state, which prides itself on being an island of calm in an often chaotic region.
BOSTON - Child welfare advocates are calling on the head of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston to back legislation that would extend the time victims of childhood sexual abuse could file lawsuits.
LONDON - Eight major technology companies have joined forces to call for tighter controls on government surveillance, issuing an open letter Monday to President Barack Obama arguing for reforms in the way the U.S. snoops on people.
WASHINGTON - It's not just the wealthiest 1 percent.
NEW YORK - A fund created with assets from philanthropist Brooke Astor's estate has awarded $9.2 million in grants to New York-based organizations for education and literacy programs.
TIMBUKTU, Mali - The body of an old man known as The Last Arab of Timbuktu, the symbol of ethnic minority Arabs who died or disappeared in a backlash against the al-Qaida occupation, has been found buried in the desert.
JOHANNESBURG - The mere sounds of a football game brightened Nelson Mandela in his darkest, most isolated times.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC is finalizing a letter to Olympic athletes reminding them to refrain from demonstrations or political gestures during the Winter Games in Sochi, including any protests against Russia's law banning gay "propaganda."
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri is teaming up with South African researchers to preserve historical records related to political prisoners at an infamous symbol of the apartheid era.
JACKSON, Mississippi - An attorney wants to postpone the sentencing of a naturalized U.S. citizen who pleaded guilty in Mississippi to a charge of transporting two Chinese immigrants who were in the United States illegally.
BUFFALO, New York - Teachers across New York will wear blue and rally for more funding and less testing as part of a national "Day of Action" organized across numerous states.
SAN DIEGO - Bob Filner has almost vanished from public view since a defiant resignation speech as San Diego mayor amid widespread allegations that he sexually harassed women. He returns to the spotlight at least once more.
LOS ANGELES - A strike by Los Angeles County children's social workers is expanding as thousands more county workers join the picket line.
WASHINGTON - The "Piano Man" who became one of the world's best-selling artists of all time with such hits as "Just the Way You Are," ''Uptown Girl" and "Allentown" was awarded the nation's highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.