- Community pulls together to help new residents Updated: Mar-09-14 3:53 pm
- Interpol: Passports on flights must be checked Updated: Mar-09-14 3:44 pm
- New Mexico gay married couples ready for tax time Updated: Mar-09-14 3:17 pm
- Hip-hop video contest part of violence prevention Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- Conn. panels take up FOI change recommendations Updated: Mar-09-14 3:08 pm
- Tuscaloosa schools officials replacing cameras Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- New Mexico inmate stabbed in gang attack Updated: Mar-09-14 2:40 pm
- Attorney calls Kansas death penalty discriminatory Updated: Mar-09-14 2:16 pm
- US general's accuser was ambitious soldier too Updated: Mar-09-14 2:05 pm
- Selma honors anniversary of 'Bloody Sunday' Updated: Mar-09-14 2:01 pm
- Workers file lawsuits against Bozeman restaurant Updated: Mar-09-14 1:52 pm
- Ill. medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma Updated: Mar-09-14 1:37 pm
- US Paralympian reunited with Russian birth mother Updated: Mar-09-14 1:32 pm
- Trial set Monday in Yakima alleged sex abuse case Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- Starkville cemetery may find place on register Updated: Mar-09-14 1:09 pm
- School will teach culinary, life skills Updated: Mar-09-14 1:06 pm
- NYC guard-inmate sex scandal triggers jail review Updated: Mar-09-14 12:37 pm
- Hope bakery accused of unfair labor practices Updated: Mar-09-14 12:17 pm
- Lincoln police pleased with two-officer teams Updated: Mar-09-14 12:08 pm
- Lynchburg schools discrimination suit dismissed Updated: Mar-09-14 12:06 pm
- Hastings man helps move out of addiction Updated: Mar-09-14 12:04 pm
- Montgomery County teachers ratify new contract Updated: Mar-09-14 11:49 am
- State oversight may tame California pot shops Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 am
- For domestic violence victims, promise in GPS Updated: Mar-09-14 11:11 am
- Dartmouth responds to student 'Freedom Budget' Updated: Mar-09-14 10:11 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - To say that Michael Curry was stressed is an understatement.
PARIS - Interpol knew about stolen passports that two passengers used to board an ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight bound for China, but no authorities checked the police agency's vast database on stolen documents beforehand, it said Sunday - baring a gaping loophole in global cooperation against one of the world's biggest but most unrecognized security threats today.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Some same-sex couples in New Mexico will get to experience for the first time what married couples go through every spring - sorting through joint tax returns.
BOSTON - A hip-hop video contest will be held for Boston high school students during the city's participation in National Youth Violence Prevention Week.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two legislative committees will hold simultaneous public hearings on bills that would implement recommendations of a task force created after the Newtown school massacre to balance the privacy of crime victims with the public's right to know.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa city schools officials say they're hoping to replace broken security cameras by the end of the month.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico prison officials say an inmate was stabbed to death in a gang-related attack.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A lawyer for a Kansas man convicted in 2005 of killing two women and trying to kill a third says his client's case should be dismissed because the state's death penalty is racially discriminatory.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The Army captain who has accused Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair of sexually assaulting her during their three-year relationship was an ambitious soldier with plans to make the military her career, much like the boss she loved and admired.
SELMA, Alabama - Speakers at the annual commemoration of a key event in African Americans' fight for voting rights urged Congress to resurrect the requirement for many Deep South states to get federal approval of their election laws.
BOZEMAN, Montana - Two women have filed lawsuits against Buffalo Wild Wings in Bozeman contending nothing happened when they reported their manager harassed them.
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Illinois residents who make use of the state's fledgling medical marijuana law may risk their jobs if their employers opt to maintain or adopt zero-tolerance drug policies.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pushing through pain in her debut at the Winter Paralympics, Tatyana McFadden only had to remember who was watching to draw inspiration on this emotional homecoming.
YAKIMA, Washington - A federal judge in Yakima is scheduled on Monday hear a case involving a man who sued the Catholic Diocese of Yakima over alleged clergy sexual abuse.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - State officials this month will consider nominating a cemetery in Starkville for a place on the National Register of Historic Places.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Some people might question Chris and Sommer Wadsworth's definition of slowing down.
NEW YORK - Jail guard Nancy Gonzalez gained notoriety by conceiving a baby behind bars with a cop killer. But her story of sexual misconduct at a federal lockup in Brooklyn doesn't end there.
HOPE, Arkansas - The National Labor Relations Board accuses Southern Bakeries in Hope of unfair labor practices in regard to union membership of its employees.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Chad Staley flips a U-turn on 21st Street to check out the license plate on a pickup when something else catches his eye: A red Acura Legend blows a stop sign right in front of him.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A lawsuit that accused Lynchburg City Schools of discriminating against a former employee has been dismissed.
HASTINGS, Nebraska - The light blue emblem is distinct against its black leather surroundings.
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Teachers in Montgomery County have ratified a new contract that will provide raises totaling 5.5 percent over three years, but it also requires educators to pay more for health insurance.
SAN FRANCISCO - Law and order may soon be coming to the Wild West of weed.
MINNEAPOLIS - A pilot program that uses GPS technology to monitor when alleged domestic violence offenders get too close to their victims has shown promise in Ramsey County, say authorities who want to continue offering it as an option to help keep victims safe.
HANOVER, New Hampshire -