- Lead contamination of Flint water draws multiple lawsuits Updated: Feb-08-16 2:12 pm
DETROIT - One lawsuit seeks to replace lead-leaching water lines at no cost to customers. Another seeks money for thousands of Flint residents who unwittingly drank toxic water. A third complaint has been filed on behalf of people with Legionnaires' disease.
- The Latest: Official: Turkey will help people inside Syria Updated: Feb-08-16 2:00 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- Correction: Medical Marijuana-Woody Harrelson story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:57 pm
HONOLULU - In a story Feb. 5 about actor Woody Harrelson applying for a medical marijuana license in Hawaii, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of another business seeking a medical marijuana dispensary license. It is Blue Planet Healing, not Blue Planet Foundation.
- Iowa City school busing cuts raise concerns for families Updated: Feb-08-16 1:52 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Community members say they have mixed reactions to the Iowa City Community School Board's decision to eliminate a free busing service.
- Italy urges Egypt to help find who tortured, killed student Updated: Feb-08-16 1:51 pm
ROME - Italy kept pressure on Egypt Monday to cooperate in finding who tortured and murdered an Italian student doing research in Cairo, insisting it wouldn't accept convenient answers in the case.
- State says painkiller prescriptions continue to fall in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 1:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Painkiller prescribing continues to fall in Ohio as health and law enforcement authorities battle a deadly addictions epidemic, according to data released by the state Monday.
- Archives of Michigan to display 170-year-old freedom paper Updated: Feb-08-16 1:36 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A 170-year-old document belonging to a man who bought his freedom from slavery is being displayed in Lansing.
- Porn actress drops $500K assault lawsuit against Josh Duggar Updated: Feb-08-16 1:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pornography actress has dropped her $500,000 assault lawsuit against reality TV personality Josh Duggar amid evidence that her claims were fabricated.
- Displaced by fighting, Kurdish residents call for peace Updated: Feb-08-16 1:20 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Azize Calis is pleading for peace.
- California State University campuses prep for strike Updated: Feb-08-16 1:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The union that represents faculty, counselors, librarians and coaches at the 23 California State University campuses are preparing for a five-day strike that would be by far the largest since system-wide collective bargaining began in the early 1980s.
- No new trial for priest convicted of sex tourism with boys Updated: Feb-08-16 1:04 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge refused to grant a new trial for a Pennsylvania priest who claimed federal prosecutors wrongly withheld evidence in his sexual tourism case.
- Pope's visit to violent Mexican city highlights broader ills Updated: Feb-08-16 12:19 pm
ECATEPEC, Mexico - One evening in September 2014, Mariana Yanez left her home in this crime-plagued Mexico City suburb saying she was going to make some photocopies. Then she vanished.
- French ex-minister in court over tax fraud, money laundering Updated: Feb-08-16 12:18 pm
PARIS - Jerome Cahuzac was the face of France's fight against tax evaders - until he was forced to acknowledge that he himself was dodging taxes, hiding money in tax havens around the world.
- Weather could decide whether school voucher vote on Monday Updated: Feb-08-16 12:17 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Supporters of a bill to create a school voucher program in Tennessee are keeping a close eye on the weather before deciding if they want to go through with a scheduled vote in the House on Monday evening.
- Guest-worker program helps Louisiana seafood facilities Updated: Feb-08-16 12:09 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Congress' decision to quadruple the size of a guest-worker program might be described as a gift to Louisiana's seafood processing industry, which struggles to fill the seasonal jobs each year.
- Bill ending social promotion stalls in New Mexico Senate Updated: Feb-08-16 12:09 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A bill that calls for New Mexico third graders who don't show proficiency in reading to be held back has stalled in a Democratic-controlled Senate committee.
- College-accrediting agency sends warning amid budget impasse Updated: Feb-08-16 12:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A higher-education accrediting agency says the state budget impasse could have "significant" consequences for the public colleges and universities in Illinois.
- Opponents rally against Delaware death penalty Updated: Feb-08-16 11:51 am
DOVER, Delaware - Opponents of capital punishment are protesting the defeat of a bill repealing Delaware's death penalty and what they describe as chronic racial injustice in the state.
- Special showing planned at Air Force Museum in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 11:44 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The U.S. Air Force museum in southwest Ohio will host a special showing of a documentary about the famed Tuskegee (tuhs-KEE'-gee) Airmen.
- Man accused of dragging officer charged with assault Updated: Feb-08-16 11:42 am
PHILADELPHIA - A man accused of dragging a Philadelphia police officer with his car over the weekend has been charged with aggravated assault and other counts.
- Dozens of domestic abusers guilty of violating Iowa gun ban Updated: Feb-08-16 11:38 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Dozens of Iowa residents have been convicted of violating a state law that bans domestic abusers from owning guns in the five years it's been in effect, according to data obtained by The Associated Press.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 10:18 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- Philippine autonomy delay stalls disarming of Muslim rebels Updated: Feb-08-16 10:15 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine rebel leader said Monday that Congress' failure to pass a Muslim autonomy bill as part of a new peace pact would delay a program to disarm thousands of guerrillas in the country's south.
- Missoula woman convicted of hate crime in neighbor dispute Updated: Feb-08-16 10:14 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A Missoula woman is facing at least two years in prison for a racially motivated assault against her black neighbor.
- Group pushes for campsites, tiny houses for Tucson homeless Updated: Feb-08-16 10:03 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Homeless advocates are pushing for Tucson to follow the lead of a pilot program in Oregon and designate campsites and build micro-homes for the city's growing homeless population.