- Govt plan aims to keep older drivers safe on road Updated: Dec-05-13 5:45 pm
- Gay weddings 17 percent of Washington marriages Updated: Dec-05-13 5:37 pm
- New $4.5M lab battles to save Devil's Hole pupfish Updated: Dec-05-13 2:06 pm
- Delta to retrain baby boomers for new careers Updated: Dec-04-13 8:52 pm
- Vegas tourism: Embrace generational marketing Updated: Dec-04-13 7:14 pm
- Study: Mass. to experience slow population growth Updated: Dec-04-13 6:51 pm
- Vegas tourism: Embrace generational marketing Updated: Dec-04-13 6:18 pm
- Ski lodges going to more modern look Updated: Dec-03-13 10:30 am
- Los Angeles County death rate dips 19 percent Updated: Dec-02-13 4:21 pm
- Census data show lopsided Wyo.-Colo. commuters Updated: Dec-02-13 12:37 pm
- HIV rates in Haiti drop over decade Updated: Dec-01-13 2:01 pm
- Rural Texas counties fear impact of water vote Updated: Nov-30-13 2:39 pm
- Wild pig population boom threatens Va. ecosystems Updated: Nov-30-13 11:26 am
- AP Exclusive: Calif jail violence rises on reforms Updated: Nov-28-13 6:13 pm
- Sri Lanka starts counting the civil war dead Updated: Nov-28-13 8:50 am
- NM's infant mortality rate on the rise Updated: Nov-27-13 4:04 pm
- Ga. Republicans add focus on minority outreach Updated: Nov-24-13 12:33 pm
- HUD: Homelessness drops 58 percent in Louisiana Updated: Nov-21-13 3:53 pm
- Sanders highlights differences in life expectancy Updated: Nov-21-13 6:13 am
- Leveraging time: Retirement saving for millennials Updated: Nov-20-13 6:12 pm
- House panel to probe unemployment data Updated: Nov-19-13 6:54 pm
- Oregon population growth estimated at 1 percent Updated: Nov-19-13 3:36 pm
- Slopes' changing demographics: More senior skiers Updated: Nov-19-13 12:35 pm
- China: Birth limits still needed despite easing Updated: Nov-19-13 8:40 am
- Goal: 65K more workers by 2020 in Maine Updated: Nov-19-13 4:52 am
WASHINGTON - Silver could take on a whole new meaning when it comes to car shopping. With more older drivers on the road, the federal government is contemplating a "silver car" rating system that will help identify which cars better protect elderly drivers and passengers in a crash.
SEATTLE - Gay weddings made up 17 percent of marriages in Washington this past year, the first year gay marriages were legal in the state, state officials reported Wednesday.
LAS VEGAS - Three fish the color of a dingy dime, only smaller, hover near the bottom of tanks No. 6 and 7 at a new research facility 90 miles west of Las Vegas.
FRANKENLUST TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Delta College is known as a place where young adults can get a step up in launching a career.
LAS VEGAS - Baby boomers are suckers for appeals to their narcissism. Generation Xers can't stand their parents. And millennials want to feel like do-gooders.
BOSTON - Massachusetts is expected to experience slow population growth in coming years.
LAS VEGAS - Baby boomers are suckers for appeals to their narcissism. Generation Xers can't stand their parents. And millennials want to feel like they're doing good in the world.
SNOWMASS, Colorado - The rustic ski lodge has been a staple of ski towns pretty much since the first resort was erected on the side of a mountain.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County's death rate has dropped 19 percent in a decade - greater than the national decline of 13 percent.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - New census data show three times as many people commuting to work from northern Colorado to the Cheyenne area compared to the other way around.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince says the number of Haitians who have tested positive for HIV has declined over the past decade.
AUSTIN, Texas - Officials from the few rural Texas counties where voters opposed a $2 billion water spending measure that was overwhelmingly approved are wary of big-city thirsts sucking them dry.
WASHINGTON - There's a population explosion of large, wild animals in the Virginia woods, and it's not the cute, doe-eyed kind that conjures images of Bambi.
SACRAMENTO, California - County jails that account for the vast majority of local inmates in California have seen a marked increase in violence since they began housing thousands of offenders who previously would have gone to state prisons.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka's government on Thursday started counting the dead, wounded and missing in its quarter-century civil war amid international pressure to conduct a credible investigation into war crimes allegations.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico health officials are worried about an increase in the state's infant mortality rate.
ATLANTA - On the campus of Morehouse College, a small group of students are at the center of an effort by Georgia Republicans to build support among minorities ahead of major federal and state elections next year.
NEW ORLEANS - New federal statistics say homelessness in Louisiana has dropped by 58 percent in Louisiana, and by 73 percent in the New Orleans-Jefferson Parish area.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders is highlighting a new report from an arm of the National Academies that says Americans in some neighborhoods have lower life expectancies than people living in countries like Ethiopia and Sudan.
When it comes to saving for retirement, time can be our biggest ally, or worst enemy. For workers in their 20s, it's often both.
WASHINGTON - A House panel plans to investigate allegations in a published report that workers in the Census Bureau fabricated data used to prepare monthly unemployment reports.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Times are getting better, so people are heading to Oregon.
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - If you've walked into a ski lodge the past few years, likely as not you've seen tables filled with gray-haired skiers wearing sweaters so old they're back in style.
BEIJING - China has no intention of abandoning family planning controls soon despite announcing it would ease the one-child policy, a government spokesman said Tuesday, adding that the policy could be loosened further in the future.
AUBURN, Maine - The Maine State Chamber of Commerce and the Maine Development Foundation are holding an event in Auburn to discuss how to grow the state's workforce.