- Nonprofit reaches settlement over accusations Updated: Dec-13-13 8:02 am
- Wis. utility's holiday suggestions can save money Updated: Dec-13-13 5:06 am
- Titans asking fans to donate new toys vs. Arizona Updated: Dec-13-13 3:34 am
- Norman's Shootout celebrating 25th year Updated: Dec-12-13 7:39 pm
- Rejected cancer donation a blessing for Ind. woman Updated: Dec-12-13 10:39 am
- NH Speedway Children's Charities makes annual gift Updated: Dec-12-13 9:40 am
- Study: More Minn. children ready for kindergarten Updated: Dec-11-13 9:23 pm
- DIA now in talks with mediators in city bankruptcy Updated: Dec-11-13 5:22 pm
- Anchorage, Fairbanks airports to increase fees Updated: Dec-11-13 4:47 pm
- Missourians allowed to donate unclaimed property Updated: Dec-11-13 3:14 pm
- Hunger a growing problem in Rhode Island Updated: Dec-11-13 2:53 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 2:41 pm
- UAMS receives $1 million gift for cancer work Updated: Dec-11-13 2:38 pm
- University of Nebraska buys home for NU President Updated: Dec-11-13 2:05 pm
- Arlington considering limiting gifts to teachers Updated: Dec-11-13 1:44 pm
- Tulane med researchers seek 'crowdfunding' money Updated: Dec-11-13 1:20 pm
- Salvation Army: Hawaii donations down 30 percent Updated: Dec-11-13 12:45 pm
- Bloch Foundation gives $12 million to St. Luke's Updated: Dec-11-13 11:29 am
- VRE holding annual 'Toys for Tots' drive Updated: Dec-11-13 5:44 am
- Foundation pledges $250K toward junior golf course Updated: Dec-11-13 5:06 am
- Ill. higher ed board names new director Updated: Dec-11-13 5:06 am
- RI lawmakers playing blackjack for charity Updated: Dec-10-13 2:01 pm
- Lawmakers speak out on UPMC's anti-bill campaign Updated: Dec-10-13 1:01 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Computer skills earn Oahu school $10K donation Updated: Dec-10-13 9:04 am
NEW YORK - The nonprofit arm of a major educational publisher has reached a settlement with the New York State attorney general over accusations it broke state law by developing for-profit products.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A Green Bay utility is offering a number of holiday suggestions to help lower electric bills or benefit local charities.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans are asking fans to help with Christmas by bringing donations for the Toys for Tots drive before Sunday's game against Arizona.
NAPLES, Florida - In the late 1980s, Greg Norman wanted to put together a golf tournament with a relaxed atmosphere and unique team format to benefit children's charities.
LOWELL, Indiana - What started as a shocking way to raise money for breast cancer research has turned into a blessing for a local unemployed single mother of three fighting the disease.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More than 50 organizations that help children across New England are getting nearly $250,000 from the New Hampshire chapter of Speedway Children's Charities.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - More Minnesota children are ready for kindergarten than ever before, the state Department of Education said Wednesday.
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts has been allowed into talks on how to protect city-owned pieces in its collection during Detroit's bankruptcy.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Parking a car at the largest state airports in Anchorage and Fairbanks will cost more next year.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missourians can donate unclaimed property held by state government directly to charities that support military veterans, medical research, children's education and other causes under a new program state Treasurer Clint Zweifel announced Wednesday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More Rhode Island families are going hungry, and there is less food to help them.
Williston Herald, Williston, Dec. 7, 2013
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences said Wednesday a founding member of its Cancer Institute Auxiliary will donate $1 million toward a new breast cancer center.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska has purchased a $750,000 home in Lincoln for NU's president to use, the University of Nebraska Foundation said Wednesday.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The Arlington County School Board is considering a policy that would limit the amount parents can spend on gifts to teachers to $100 over the course of a school year.
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane University's School of Medicine is joining one of the latest trends in fund raising.
HONOLULU - The Salvation Army is worried because donations to its annual red kettle campaign in Hawaii are down by 30 percent so far.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Marion and Henry Bloch Family Foundation has donated $12 million to St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City.
WASHINGTON - The Virginia Railway Express is holding its annual "Toys for Tots" drive, and riders are being encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to donate.
MARYVILLE, Missouri - An Ohio-based golf foundation is giving $250,000 toward a Tom Watson-designed junior golf course in northwest Missouri targeting youths and beginning golfers.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Education consultant James Applegate will be the next director of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - More than a dozen state lawmakers are playing blackjack to raise money for charities at Twin River Casino.
PITTSBURGH - Two Pittsburgh-area lawmakers are speaking out about a direct mail and robocall "political campaign" the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is waging against their co-sponsored bills that would require all large health systems in the state to accept insurance from any in-state company.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
HONOLULU - A central Oahu elementary school's commitment to computer programming skills is paying off.