- Alumnus donates $250K in instruments to School of Mines Updated: Sep-05-15 5:43 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The South Dakota School of Mines & Technology has received more than $250,000 in rare musical instruments as part of a donation from a former student.
- New Hampshire town celebrates notable '65 UFO sighting Updated: Sep-04-15 4:14 pm
EXETER, New Hampshire - They say a lightning strike started a fire in the Exeter, New Hampshire, town hall that caused the cancellation of a UFO festival the first year it was hosted by the local Kiwanis Club.
- Gov. Fallin appoints Oklahoma City man to Career Tech board Updated: Sep-04-15 4:02 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has appointed an Oklahoma City man to the State Board of Career and Technology Education.
- Porto wants Champions League donations to migrants Updated: Sep-04-15 1:02 pm
PORTO, Portugal - Porto wants clubs in the group stage of the lucrative Champions League to donate money from ticket sales to help thousands of migrants and refugees currently trying to enter Europe.
- Company donates more than 70 acres of marshland to state Updated: Sep-04-15 10:19 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - More than 70 acres of marshland have been donated to the state to be used for conservation and recreation.
- Dominion to no longer bill for some charitable donations Updated: Sep-03-15 2:40 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Dominion Resources Inc. will no longer add the cost of some charitable donations to customers' electric bills.
- If board can match, Daugaard will give $1M for conservation Updated: Sep-03-15 6:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says the state will issue $1 million in state funding for habitat conservation if a group can privately raise the same amount.
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities Updated: Sep-03-15 5:07 am
ATLANTA - Rapper-actor Ludacris is celebrating the 10th anniversary of his yearly weekend events known to bring out top celebrities and raise money for local community charities.
- After chaotic year, New Jersey superintendent praised Updated: Sep-02-15 4:46 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A year after a schools opening marked by protest and boycott, critics of the policies of the new superintendent in New Jersey's largest city said they're willing to give him a chance.
- State officials: Fake bills reportedly used at charity event Updated: Sep-02-15 11:48 am
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - State officials are investigating a report of counterfeit currency passed at a Detroit-area charity gambling event.
- NY charity to get $4.38 million to cover past fund misuse Updated: Sep-02-15 11:24 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has reached an agreement with former charity officers that will return almost $4.38 million of allegedly misused funds to the Homeland Foundation Inc.
- Kansas State to celebrate Seaton Hall groundbreaking Updated: Sep-01-15 5:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State University is planning a groundbreaking ceremony for a $75 million renovation of expansion of a 100-year-old campus building.
- Business interests donate $2.1 million for Pence travel Updated: Aug-31-15 8:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence's travel at home and abroad to promote Indiana as a haven for business has been paid for by a collection of powerful interests that also stand to benefit from having close ties with the Republican governor.
- Former Subway spokesman Fogle suing ex-aide over loan Updated: Aug-31-15 3:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle is suing the incarcerated former head of his charitable foundation for allegedly defaulting on a $191,000 personal loan to buy an Indianapolis home.
- Pantries benefit from Michigan fair livestock auctions Updated: Aug-31-15 4:17 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Thurl and Betty Hartman were elated when they won half a cow at the Kalkaska County Fair, but those hundreds of pounds won't end up packed away into the couple's home freezer.
- Report: Charities received little of millions company raised Updated: Aug-30-15 4:37 pm
CHICAGO - A newspaper report says a for-profit telemarketing company raised roughly $5 million at Chicago area call centers for U.S. charities, but the charities received a fraction of the money.
- Ministers: Second calling sometimes leads to clergy career Updated: Aug-30-15 9:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - One of the Rev. Jay Anderson's most vivid childhood memories involves lining up his stuffed animals on the family couch before tipping an ottoman on its side as a makeshift altar and preaching to the fluffy faithful.
- Upstate NY museum receives trove of couple's modern art Updated: Aug-29-15 5:13 pm
GLENS FALLS, New York - An upstate New York museum known for its collection of work by Rembrandt, van Gogh and Picasso says it has received its largest donation of modern artwork in years.
- Pop-up store aims at back-to-school crowd Updated: Aug-29-15 4:28 pm
BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Washington - Like summer vacation, Bainbridge School Supply will come and go in a busy blur.
- Boy dies 2 weeks after fundraiser for his cancer treatment Updated: Aug-28-15 6:16 pm
LAKEWOOD, Colorado - A 9-year-old Lakewood boy who had a lemonade stand this month to raise money for his treatment for brain cancer has died.
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Chairman promises review of unspent charity Updated: Aug-27-15 7:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Nearly $10 million in charitable donations by California taxpayers sat unspent in government accounts at the end of last year, The Associated Press has found, and the Senate Governance and Finance Committee chairman said Thursday that he wants a review of state accounts and will hold a hearing to find out why the money hasn't been spent.
- Delaware lawmakers eye budget vote procedures Updated: Aug-27-15 6:02 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Democratic leaders of the legislature's budget-writing committee don't seem interested in changing voting requirements for passage of the state's annual spending plan.
- UW private donations dip in last fiscal year Updated: Aug-27-15 2:59 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Private contributions to the University of Wyoming dropped for the second year in a row to about $46 million.
- Philadelphia 76ers owner donates $3.5M to local nonprofit Updated: Aug-27-15 2:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The owner of the Philadelphia 76ers has pledged a $3.5 million donation to the Philadelphia Police Athletic League - the largest amount ever recorded by the nonprofit youth group.
- A look at some of the funds receiving tax checkoff donations Updated: Aug-27-15 1:16 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California enables residents to donate money to a variety of charitable causes while they file taxes. The distribution of the money lacks oversight, creating problems for funds like these: