- New Kansas African American Museum on hold Updated: Apr-16-14 10:28 am
- Mo. Senate bill raises benevolent tax credit cap Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 am
- Iowa Public Radio seeks more from universities Updated: Apr-15-14 6:31 pm
- Media group names award after AP's Niedringhaus Updated: Apr-15-14 1:46 pm
- Coast Guard leader champions Connecticut museum Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- Suspect Sandy charity begins distributing dollars Updated: Apr-15-14 6:17 am
- Wind project donates $50,000 to children's museum Updated: Apr-14-14 1:58 pm
- Pittsburgh's Heinz Endowments names new president Updated: Apr-14-14 12:10 pm
- Detroit concert with Spielberg sells out quickly Updated: Apr-14-14 12:01 pm
- Group forms to save Kerr Mansion in Oklahoma Updated: Apr-14-14 11:20 am
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- Railroad donates for museum project Updated: Apr-14-14 4:19 am
- Iowa West Foundation delivers $4.2M in grants Updated: Apr-13-14 12:01 pm
- Television winners in Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:45 pm
- Boy's Husker TD run raises money for research Updated: Apr-12-14 6:28 pm
- Shakespeare Theatre 'White House' gets a cleaning Updated: Apr-12-14 11:05 am
- Heritage Center hits $12 million fundraising goal Updated: Apr-12-14 5:05 am
- 'Walk at Lunch' Day to benefit Nebraska trails Updated: Apr-12-14 5:04 am
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to be auctioned for charity Updated: Apr-12-14 4:05 am
- Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Fayetteville mom, son to launch food drive Updated: Apr-11-14 6:06 pm
- 5 opulent homes on Kiawah Island open to public Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
- Elder President Bush to endorse GOP nominee in Ga. Updated: Apr-10-14 8:01 pm
- Obama to nominate new head of Humanities Endowment Updated: Apr-10-14 5:27 pm
- Micron Foundation donates $1 million to UI Updated: Apr-10-14 4:43 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Supporters of an effort to build a new Kansas African American Museum in downtown Wichita are vowing to keep working, even after the proposal was postponed and land designated as the museum's location was returned to the city.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri could award additional tax credits for donations to pregnancy resource centers, food pantries and maternity homes under legislation endorsed by the Missouri Senate.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa Public Radio is asking for additional funding from the state's three public universities, a departure from a plan to become financially independent of them, according to a proposal released Tuesday.
NEW YORK - A women's media group has created a new award for courage honoring Associated Press photographer Anja Niedringhaus, who was killed on assignment in Afghanistan, the group announced Tuesday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, Adm. Robert Papp Jr. has made it a priority to develop a national museum dedicated to the maritime service.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Superstorm Sandy charity that was suspected of fraud has started distributing money nearly a year after a settlement with New Jersey prosecutors.
ENID, Oklahoma - The Chisholm View Wind Project in Garfield and Grant counties has donated $50,000 to the Leonardo's Children's Museum in Enid.
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh-based Heinz Endowments has named Grant Oliphant the charity's new president.
DETROIT - Tickets for a special concert in Detroit featuring director Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams sold out in record time.
POTEAU, Oklahoma - A nonprofit group has been formed in eastern Oklahoma to save the Kerr Mansion near Poteau.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
BASTON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Knock Knock Children's Museum has received a $100,000 donation from CN Railroad to help fund learning zones at the museum planned at Baton Rouge City Park.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Twenty-two nonprofit groups in western Iowa and eastern Nebraska are benefiting from $4.2 million in grants.
- TV Spot Coverage-Station: KXAN, Austin. West Explosion
ATKINSON, Nebraska - Jack Hoffman, the 8-year-old cancer survivor whose touchdown run last year at the Nebraska spring football game was viewed by millions, doesn't talk much about the event that made him famous.
STRATFORD, Connecticut - For years, the American Shakespeare Theatre on Elm Street played host to men and women who honed their skills on their way to becoming part of America's theatrical history.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Heritage Center has reached its goal of raising $12 million from private donors for an expansion project.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Later this month, Nebraskans will make time to walk for 30 minutes at lunchtime to help benefit Nebraska trails.
DETROIT - The first retail production 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is to be auctioned in Florida to benefit a Detroit-based cancer center.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama paid $98,169 in taxes on $481,098 in adjusted income last year, tax returns the White House released Friday show. They paid an effective federal income tax rate of 20.4 percent and donated significantly less to charity than they did the year before.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A Fayetteville sixth-grader and his mother will spend part of their weekend working to ensure that his classmates don't go hungry.
KIAWAH ISLAND, South Carolina - Five opulent homes on Kiawah Island southwest of Charleston are being opened to the public as part of the annual Kiawah Island Art and House Tour.
WASHINGTON - President George H.W. Bush is featured in a Democrat's campaign commercial, but he plans to endorse the eventual Republican nominee in Georgia's Senate race, his spokesman said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama will nominate Colby College President William "Bro" Adams to be the next chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
BOISE, Idaho - The Micron Foundation has given $1 million to the University of Idaho to be used to pay for an endowed professorship in microelectronics.