- Arizona Republicans want funding for Koch-backed schools Updated: Apr-28-16 5:08 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's Republican leaders have proposed earmarking millions of dollars for programs at the state's public universities that are backed by billionaire Republican donor Charles Koch.
- Ex-CSU student gives $13 million for scholarships, buildings Updated: Apr-28-16 4:15 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Colorado State University says an energy company CEO who attended the school is donating $13 million for scholarships and construction projects.
- Negotiators reach deal on excess power program earnings Updated: Apr-28-16 3:01 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - House and Senate negotiators have reached agreement for use of any excess earnings from a fund set up to help rural areas faced with high electricity costs.
- MTSU names veterans' center for Charlie and Hazel Daniels Updated: Apr-28-16 2:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University has named a new support center for military veterans who are students there in honor of country music singer Charlie Daniels and his wife, Hazel.
- New Jersey taxpayers could get charity deductions under bill Updated: Apr-28-16 1:37 pm
MOUNT LAUREL, New Jersey - New Jersey residents could make deductions for charitable donations on their state income tax returns under legislation getting new attention.
- John Brown University gets $3 million challenge grant Updated: Apr-28-16 12:39 pm
SILOAM SPRINGS, Arkansas - The Windgate Foundation is giving a $3 million lead challenge grant to John Brown University for the school's renovation project for a women's residence hall.
- Michigan first lady christens Detroit pink elevator project Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 am
DETROIT - Michigan first lady Sue Snyder has christened a campaign involving a pink elevator in Detroit to raise funds benefiting the Susan G. Komen organization for breast cancer research.
- LACMA receives record-breaking $75 million donations Updated: Apr-28-16 8:44 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has received two donations totaling $75 million toward its new modernist building.
- 'Virtual Crim' offers participation from afar in Flint races Updated: Apr-28-16 6:54 am
FLINT, Michigan - Organizers of an annual series of summer running races in Flint say people don't need to be in the city to be a part of this year's event.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.
- 3 schools get grants to help combat urban heat island Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer says three schools have been awarded grants for projects to help combat urban heat island.
- Retired Gen. Petraeus to speak at law enforcement gathering Updated: Apr-27-16 9:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Retired Gen. David Petraeus has been tapped as the keynote speaker for an annual gathering of law enforcement officials in South Dakota.
- Purdue-Arizona State and Florida-Duke in Jimmy V Classic Updated: Apr-27-16 7:00 pm
NEW YORK - Purdue will face Arizona State and Florida will meet Duke in the 2016 Jimmy V Classic.
- At Harvard's newest center, researchers look for happiness Updated: Apr-27-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - For those mired in the eternal quest for health and happiness, there's some good news. Harvard is on the case.
- The Latest: Groups call for repeal of Kansas income tax cuts Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Legislature resuming its annual session: (all times local):
- Augustana receives $1M donation for buildings, endowment Updated: Apr-27-16 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Augustana University has received a $1 million donation toward a student activities center, a science building and an endowment to support athletics.
- Chicago tourism numbers hit new record at nearly 51 million Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 am
CHICAGO - The number of domestic visitors to Chicago hit a record last year, reaching nearly 51 million.
- Detention Center teaches female inmates to quilt Updated: Apr-27-16 2:06 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Jails are not known for their lavish accommodations, and the room where the women of G Pod do their work is no exception.
- Troopers investigate fundraising for girl who was not sick Updated: Apr-26-16 4:56 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - An online fundraising effort that took in $6,110 to pay medical expenses of a Fairbanks girl was taken down after the website creator said she learned the girl was not sick.
- Sonoma County couple donates $185M to UCSF neurosciences Updated: Apr-26-16 9:32 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A Sonoma County couple says they will donate $185 million for a new neuroscience institute at the University of California, San Francisco. It's the largest donation in the school's history.
- Community college gets advanced manufacturing grant Updated: Apr-26-16 8:20 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Piedmont Virginia Community College is getting a $439,000 grant to establish a two-year degree program in advanced manufacturing.
- Investment collaboration plans $100M impact in Chicago Updated: Apr-25-16 10:54 pm
CHICAGO - A new collaboration among philanthropic organization hopes to make investments of $100 million in Chicago nonprofit organizations and social enterprises.
- Muhammad Salah, acquitted of supporting Hamas, dead at 62 Updated: Apr-25-16 6:13 pm
CHICAGO - Muhammad Salah, a suburban Chicago man who fought off charges he supported Hamas, has died. He was 62.
- Ex-Arkansas judge to remain free during bribery appeal Updated: Apr-25-16 12:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A federal judge has ruled that a former Arkansas circuit court judge can remain free pending his appeal of a federal bribery conviction.
- Massachusetts father runs 6 marathons for autistic son Updated: Apr-25-16 9:31 am
BOSTON - For Chris Beck, crossing the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday marked the end of an exhausting, but rewarding year. He ran the Abbott World Marathon Majors, of which Boston is one, in one year to raise awareness about autism for his son Owen.