- Haskell to consider becoming federally chartered school Updated: Oct-09-15 5:24 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Officials at Haskell Indian Nations University have approved plans to consider seeking more autonomy from the federal government by becoming a federally chartered school.
- Iowa college establishes endowment fund for AP intern Updated: Oct-09-15 5:15 pm
GRINNELL, Iowa - A small private liberal arts college in Iowa has established an endowment fund in memory of a young alumnus who was also a news intern for The Associated Press when he died at age 22 in Mexico City in 2012.
- Campaign donor backed company vying for Allentown contract Updated: Oct-09-15 4:17 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The city planned to award a no-bid contract to a company whose main investor contributed to the mayor's Senate campaign, according to email records.
- Crews finish first stage of Keokuk Union Depot restoration Updated: Oct-09-15 2:43 pm
KEOKUK, Iowa - Volunteers have nearly completed the first stage of renovations on the old Union Depot in Keokuk, where they have been working on the 124-year-old building's roof.
- The Latest: Repairs to begin soon on I-95 after floods Updated: Oct-09-15 2:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- University of Missouri launches $1.3B fundraising campaign Updated: Oct-09-15 12:16 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri has officially begun the public phase of the largest fundraising campaign in the school's history, with the goal of raising $1.3 billion by 2020.
- Oklahoma, Texas governors make "bets" on Red River Rivalry Updated: Oct-09-15 12:00 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott are waging charity "bets" on the Red River Rivalry game between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Texas Longhorns.
- Pittsburgh zoo receives largest-ever $9M gift from charity Updated: Oct-09-15 9:36 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium has received a $9 million grant, the largest gift in the zoo's history, from the Richard King Mellon Foundation
- Sheridan food bank sees decline in donations Updated: Oct-09-15 5:01 am
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - A Sheridan food bank will be handing out food to those in need one less day a week as a result of declining food donations.
- $1 billion pledged to Los Angeles County nonprofits Updated: Oct-08-15 8:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - In celebration of its 100th anniversary, the California Community Foundation is pledging a whopping $1 billion to Los Angeles County nonprofit organizations over the next decade.
- University of Missouri gets $25M for democracy institute Updated: Oct-08-15 6:08 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri announced Thursday that it's received a $25 million donation from the Kinder Foundation to launch an institute to study constitutional democracy.
- No-kill shelter seeks to raise money by raffling off rifle Updated: Oct-08-15 1:09 pm
OTTUMWA, Iowa - A central Iowa animal shelter committed to not killing the dogs and cats in its care is raising money by raffling off a gun.
- Tulsa foundation donates $10M in land for children's museum Updated: Oct-08-15 12:57 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The George Kaiser Family Foundation is giving $10 million in land for the construction of a permanent children's museum in Tulsa.
- Birmingham taking donations for South Carolina flood victims Updated: Oct-08-15 12:29 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The City of Birmingham is collecting donations to help victims of recent floods in South Carolina.
- University of Nebraska Foundation tops $200M in fundraising Updated: Oct-07-15 7:00 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska Foundation says it has raised more than $200 million in gifts and pledges for the third straight year.
- Paul Allen gives more money for Ebola related work Updated: Oct-07-15 6:31 pm
SEATTLE - A year after donating $100 million to fight against Ebola, billionaire Paul Allen has announced seven more grants totaling $11 million to build infrastructure to prepare for future health crises.
- Packard Plant guided tours to raise funds for art nonprofit Updated: Oct-07-15 3:33 pm
DETROIT - Visitors will get up-close looks at the rusted steel beams, concrete walls, and factory floors in Detroit where Packard luxury cars were assembled.
- Judge rejects renaming college after billionaire's wife Updated: Oct-07-15 2:56 pm
PAUL SMITHS, New York - A New York judge denied a college's petition to add the wife of a Wall Street billionaire to its name, citing the will of the founding donor.
- Owner of human tissue donation firm pleads guilty in Arizona Updated: Oct-07-15 2:12 pm
PHOENIX - The owner of an Arizona company that arranges the donation of bodies for medicine and research pleaded guilty Wednesday to a felony charge for his role in mishandling the donations.
- Knight Foundation awards almost $1.3M to St. Paul projects Updated: Oct-07-15 6:24 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A national nonprofit has awarded nearly $1.3 million to 40 projects in its St. Paul Arts Challenge.
- $350K 3-year grant for new diabetes prevention program Updated: Oct-06-15 3:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Daughters of Charity Services of New Orleans is getting $350,000 over three years to set up a diabetes prevention program.
- Lumber company donates $6 million to OSU forestry complex Updated: Oct-06-15 9:54 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A California lumber company has donated $6 million to Oregon State University to help fund the school's forest science complex.
- Penn State THON organizers to review 'canning' safety Updated: Oct-06-15 9:21 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Organizers of Penn State's student-run THON charitable campaign have suspended a "canning" weekend - when student collect donations in coffee cans - in the wake of a student's death in a car crash.
- Virginia Living Museum launches $5 million campaign Updated: Oct-06-15 7:22 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Virginia Living Museum has launched a campaign to raise $5 million over the next year.
- Arkansas State announces $1 million gift to business college Updated: Oct-05-15 3:48 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State University says it's received a $1 million gift for its new sales leadership center.