- House panel kills 1 texting-driving ban, 1 remains Updated: Mar-06-14 5:41 pm
- Ban on texting while driving to become NM law Updated: Mar-02-14 4:58 pm
- Bill seeks to restrict cellphones in school zones Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- Lawmakers continue debate on texting while driving Updated: Feb-28-14 4:11 am
- California court: Drivers can read cellphone maps Updated: Feb-27-14 8:07 pm
- Beauregard schools consider relaxing dress code Updated: Feb-27-14 9:05 am
- Oklahoma House panel OKs ban on driving, texting Updated: Feb-26-14 6:35 pm
- NH House puts off hand-held cellphone ban vote Updated: Feb-19-14 5:17 pm
- NM lawmakers OK ban on texting while driving Updated: Feb-18-14 9:13 pm
- Iowa panel OKs stricter texting while driving bill Updated: Feb-18-14 6:15 pm
- Okla. teens push for ban on texting while driving Updated: Feb-12-14 3:19 am
- Greenville bans texting while driving Updated: Feb-11-14 9:50 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota lawmakers are waging a battle over two proposals to ban texting while driving, with the issue of local control emerging as a deciding factor.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has become a state law.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky House took aim at distracted motorists Friday, passing a bill that would stiffen fines for texting while driving and restrict on-the-road cellphone use in school and construction zones.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are still talking about banning drivers from sending text messages.
FRESNO, California - Drivers in California can legally read a map on their hand-held cellphones while behind the wheel, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
DERIDDER, Louisiana - A policy review committee has voted to relax the Beauregard Parish school system's dress code and to ban electronic cigarettes and gauge piercings in the upcoming school year.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma House committee approved legislation Wednesday that would prohibit texting, emailing and instant messaging while driving a vehicle over the objections of opponents who said the measure would be difficult to enforce.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held use of cellphones while driving would be prohibited in New Hampshire under a bill being taken up next month by the House.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has won final approval in the Legislature.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers granted initial approval Tuesday of a bill that would further crack down on texting while driving by allowing officers to pull over motorists suspected of that sole offense.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A group of teenagers who support a ban on texting while driving in Oklahoma are meeting at the Capitol to push for a new state law to prohibit the practice.
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Greenville has banned texting while driving.