- Rapid City Council OKs texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-22-14 10:01 am
- Texting-and-driving ban may still fail after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 4:49 pm
- SC towns and counties spur state to ban texting Updated: Apr-19-14 12:13 pm
- Senate approves hand-held cellphone ban in NH Updated: Apr-17-14 2:17 pm
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits? Updated: Apr-16-14 7:22 am
- Lawson collects women's business wear for charity Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 am
- Expanded replay might make for better manners Updated: Apr-11-14 3:59 am
- Senate, House pass versions of texting ban Updated: Apr-09-14 11:07 pm
- Smartphone trial judge annoyed by phones in court Updated: Apr-09-14 12:56 am
- Ark. police join effort to end texting and driving Updated: Apr-07-14 2:35 pm
- Beaufort County text ban usually brings warnings Updated: Apr-07-14 8:29 am
- Police to increase enforcement of anti-texting law Updated: Apr-06-14 3:16 pm
- Bill restricting cellphones in cars comes back Updated: Apr-04-14 3:28 pm
- Miss. House rejects texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-03-14 3:24 pm
- Lawmakers push campaign to curb distracted driving Updated: Apr-01-14 6:26 pm
- Greenville's new hand-held cellphone ban starts Updated: Apr-01-14 4:19 am
- Officials defend Ballpark Village dress code Updated: Mar-27-14 11:27 am
- Colorado mom: After shaving furor, focus on friend Updated: Mar-26-14 11:17 am
- Colorado mom: After shaving furor, focus on friend Updated: Mar-26-14 10:26 am
- Top RI lawmaker: Hike texting-while-driving fines Updated: Mar-25-14 11:04 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The Rapid City Council has approved a ban on texting while driving that is stricter than state law.
AUSTIN, Texas - Repeated efforts to implement a statewide ban on texting while driving in Texas may continue to fail even after Gov. Rick Perry leaves office next year.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - After years of facing fierce opposition, the idea of South Carolina passing a statewide texting-while-driving ban is becoming a real possibility. Earlier this month the state Senate and House passed separate bills aimed at putting to an end to the confusing hodgepodge of local bans. However many believe it will fall short of its intention to deter distracted driving.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held cellphone use would be banned while driving in New Hampshire in mid-2015 under a bill passed Thursday by the Senate.
EVANSTON, Illinois - They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.
INDIANAPOLIS - Secretary of State Connie Lawson is collecting donations of women's suits and business clothes.
OAKLAND, California - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona calmly exited the dugout on opening night and approached home plate umpire Mike Winters with a rather polite request that he review a collision at the plate.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is closer to having its first statewide ban on texting while driving, a measure that would eliminate the confusion and conflicts resulting from municipalities and counties having their own separate ordinances.
SAN JOSE, California - So far one of the biggest problems for a federal judge overseeing a patent battle between the world's largest smartphone makers isn't about stolen ideas. It's getting the roomful of smartphone devotees to turn off their devices.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Law enforcement agencies across Arkansas are joining a national effort to stop texting while driving, Arkansas State Police said Monday.
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - It's again the law to text and drive now in almost all of Beaufort County.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Seven police departments in North Dakota plan to increase their enforcement of a 2011 law aimed at curbing accidents caused by individuals who were texting while driving.
DENVER - For a while, it seemed Colorado lawmakers had hung up on a proposal to restrict cellphone use in cars this year, but it turns out the bill was just on hold.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state House says it's OK, so Mississippi drivers can text away.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate have taken a new route to address distracted driving across the state.
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - South Carolina's toughest law on using cellphones while driving is now on the books in Greenville.
ST. LOUIS - Project managers for the new Ballpark Village next to Busch Stadium say they want the entertainment complex to be "family-friendly," even as some raise concerns about a strict late-night dress code.
DENVER - The mother of a Grand Junction third-grader who shaved her head in solidarity with a cancer-stricken friend is asking for an end to the national furor over a school's short-lived decision to bar the girl from campus, so the focus can shift to the recovery of her 11-year-old friend.
DENVER - After a Grand Junction third-grader shaved her head to support a cancer-stricken buddy, the mother wants an end to the national furor over a school's reaction to the act of solidarity and the focus to shift to the 11-year-old friend's recovery.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The top lawmaker in the Rhode Island Senate is calling for increased fines for motorists caught texting while driving.