- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- Undercover squad may mean more covering up for Tehran women Updated: Apr-27-16 10:29 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Tehran resident Sousan Heidari has stopped letting her headscarf slip casually down over her neck and shoulders while driving in the Iranian capital. These days, the 22-year-old with a taste for bold makeup makes sure to pull it tightly over her dark hair, fearful of running afoul of a newly established undercover division of the morality police.
- Lawmakers fail to conclude Tennessee legislative session Updated: Apr-20-16 9:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A lengthy debate over a proposed veto override, partisan squabbling and a disagreement over a tax cut have delayed the planned conclusion of the legislative session.
- Greeley to consider distract driving laws Updated: Apr-18-16 1:31 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A Colorado city is considering laws that would punish distracted driving, including texting while driving.
- Oro Valley weighs ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-18-16 5:52 am
ORO VALLEY, Arizona - The town of Oro Valley is considering banning texting while driving.
- Back to blue jeans: Illinois school district scraps uniforms Updated: Apr-16-16 5:02 pm
GRANITE CITY, Illinois - Students in the southern Illinois town of Granite City will no longer be required to wear uniforms to school.
- Texting while driving tickets may increase in Harrison Co. Updated: Apr-13-16 6:46 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Tickets for texting while driving may start to rise in Harrison County.
- Senators agree to boost fines on texting while driving Updated: Apr-13-16 4:38 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's state senators want to toughen penalties for disobeying state laws that ban texting or posting to social media sites while driving and that restrict cell phone use for young drivers.
- Tickets for texting while driving continue to increase in NY Updated: Apr-08-16 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - The number of drivers issued a ticket for talking on a hand-held cellphone is dropping in New York state - though more people than ever are being caught texting while behind the wheel.
- Clovis school district adopts gender-neutral dress code Updated: Apr-07-16 10:28 am
CLOVIS, California - The Clovis Unified School District board has adopted a gender-neutral dress code after long resisting the move.
- Gahanna school aide upholds etiquette in trying times Updated: Apr-02-16 5:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An extreme lack of courtesy this campaign season among candidates and their supporters inspired U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday to tell congressional interns: "When passions flare, ugliness is sometimes inevitable. But we shouldn't accept ugliness as the norm."