- Lawmakers consider limiting cellphones in cars Updated: Mar-12-14 12:40 pm
- Simulator will show effects of texting and driving Updated: Mar-12-14 3:34 am
- Iowa Senate approves texting while driving bill Updated: Mar-11-14 4:55 pm
- Utah Senate OKs bill to curb texting while driving Updated: Mar-11-14 11:37 am
- Lawrence mayor institutes city hall dress code Updated: Mar-11-14 8:16 am
- Ban on texting while driving to become NM law Updated: Mar-02-14 4:58 pm
- Bill seeks to restrict cellphones in school zones Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- Lawmakers continue debate on texting while driving Updated: Feb-28-14 4:11 am
- California court: Drivers can read cellphone maps Updated: Feb-27-14 8:07 pm
- Beauregard schools consider relaxing dress code Updated: Feb-27-14 9:05 am
- Oklahoma House panel OKs ban on driving, texting Updated: Feb-26-14 6:35 pm
- NH House puts off hand-held cellphone ban vote Updated: Feb-19-14 5:17 pm
- NM lawmakers OK ban on texting while driving Updated: Feb-18-14 9:13 pm
- Iowa panel OKs stricter texting while driving bill Updated: Feb-18-14 6:15 pm
- Okla. teens push for ban on texting while driving Updated: Feb-12-14 3:19 am
- Greenville bans texting while driving Updated: Feb-11-14 9:50 am
DENVER - Colorado drivers would have to use a hands-free device to use their cellphones under a bill being considered by state lawmakers.
GALLATIN, Tennessee - Members of the public are invited to Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin later this month to try a special vehicle simulator that allows the operator to see the dangers in texting while driving.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate want to crack down on texting while driving, but some legislators worry the bill doesn't do enough to address the larger issue of distracted driving.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah lawmakers have advanced a measure to curb texting while driving.
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - The new mayor of Lawrence has instituted a dress code at city hall, but it isn't sitting well with some workers.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has become a state law.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky House took aim at distracted motorists Friday, passing a bill that would stiffen fines for texting while driving and restrict on-the-road cellphone use in school and construction zones.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are still talking about banning drivers from sending text messages.
FRESNO, California - Drivers in California can legally read a map on their hand-held cellphones while behind the wheel, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
DERIDDER, Louisiana - A policy review committee has voted to relax the Beauregard Parish school system's dress code and to ban electronic cigarettes and gauge piercings in the upcoming school year.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma House committee approved legislation Wednesday that would prohibit texting, emailing and instant messaging while driving a vehicle over the objections of opponents who said the measure would be difficult to enforce.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held use of cellphones while driving would be prohibited in New Hampshire under a bill being taken up next month by the House.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has won final approval in the Legislature.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers granted initial approval Tuesday of a bill that would further crack down on texting while driving by allowing officers to pull over motorists suspected of that sole offense.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A group of teenagers who support a ban on texting while driving in Oklahoma are meeting at the Capitol to push for a new state law to prohibit the practice.
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Greenville has banned texting while driving.