- Major events in the life of Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-05-13 5:26 pm
- Allain to be buried in Mississippi-made mausoleum Updated: Dec-05-13 4:44 pm
- Layton mayor honored at funeral Updated: Dec-05-13 3:40 pm
- Victim's kin: NY derailment unfair to loved ones Updated: Dec-05-13 3:26 pm
- Funeral set for Florence County deputy Updated: Dec-05-13 4:05 am
- Burial site uncovered by pipeline survey looted Updated: Dec-04-13 1:13 pm
- Funeral plans set for 2 NYC derailment victims Updated: Dec-04-13 7:10 am
- Singer's funeral set for Sunday in Arab, Ala. Updated: Dec-04-13 5:34 am
- Funeral for former Bishop of Charleston set Updated: Dec-04-13 4:06 am
- Memorial Friday, funeral Saturday for Allain Updated: Dec-03-13 6:32 pm
- NJ boy who died of cancer gets police funeral Updated: Dec-03-13 5:07 pm
- NJ town plans full police funeral for boy, age 10 Updated: Dec-02-13 10:58 am
- D-Day Memorial in Va prepares for 70th anniversary Updated: Dec-02-13 8:40 am
- Vietnam Memorial hosts annual Christmas ceremony Updated: Dec-02-13 6:23 am
- Funeral set for actor who died during Wis. hunt Updated: Nov-30-13 5:43 pm
- Grant: Union general's papers at home at MSU Updated: Nov-30-13 12:05 pm
- Philanthropist Lewis' funeral held in Cleveland Updated: Nov-27-13 4:49 pm
- Slain Husson student laid to rest Updated: Nov-25-13 8:04 am
- Whitcomb, Kernan to be honored at Ind. war museum Updated: Nov-25-13 5:49 am
- Union head Weiner's funeral draws Selig, A-Rod Updated: Nov-24-13 8:31 pm
- Funeral set for slain Liberty University student Updated: Nov-24-13 3:55 pm
- Funeral announced for SC officer killed in wreck Updated: Nov-24-13 11:25 am
- Wake Sunday for NY trooper who died in fall Updated: Nov-23-13 7:01 pm
- Column: A nation grieves and the NFL plays on Updated: Nov-23-13 2:53 pm
- Anniversary of JFK death brings sadness, solemnity Updated: Nov-22-13 9:01 pm
July 18, 1918 - Born to Hendry Mphakanyiswa, a Thembu chief, and Nosekeni Qunu in the Umtata district of the Transkei, at a time when virtually all of Africa was under European colonial rule
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain will be buried in Natchez City Cemetery in a one-person mausoleum. It has a black granite front engraved with the state seal and a symbol for justice.
LAYTON, Utah - Layton Mayor Steve Curtis was remembered at his funeral as a man of the people who did the right thing regardless of politics.
MONTROSE, New York - The brother of a man killed in the derailment of a New York commuter train said at his funeral Thursday that the accident was "just not fair."
LAKE CITY, South Carolina - Funeral services are scheduled for a Florence County deputy who died last month after crashing his car while on the way to provide backup for another deputy.
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - An archaeological site in Hardin County uncovered during a survey for a pipeline project has been struck by looters.
NEW YORK - Funeral plans are scheduled for two of the four victims of the deadly New York City train crash.
ARAB, Alabama - A funeral will be held in the north Alabama town of Arab for country singer and former University of Alabama football player Wayne Mills.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A funeral service is scheduled for the Most Reverend David Thompson, the bishop emeritus of the statewide Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A memorial service for former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain will be held Friday at the state Capitol in Jackson, and the funeral will be Saturday in Natchez.
RIDGEWOOD, New Jersey - A 10-year-old boy who had been named the town's honorary police chief was given a funeral with full police honors Tuesday, his flag-draped coffin arriving at church to the sound of bagpipes and leaving with a motorcycle escort.
RIDGEWOOD, New Jersey - A town in northern New Jersey is planning a full police funeral for a 10-year-old boy.
BEDFORD, Virginia - The National D-Day Memorial is preparing to mark the Normandy invasion's 70th anniversary next year.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Officials are preparing for the Illinois Vietnam Veterans Memorial's 26th annual ceremony for prisoners of war and service members who remain missing in action.
TOMAHAWK, Wisconsin - The funeral for a 50-year-old comic actor who had a heart attack while hunting in Wisconsin is set for next weekend.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Ulysses S. Grant and Mississippi go way back.
CLEVELAND - Leaders of universities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the Cleveland Clinic were among those who attended a funeral service in Cleveland for billionaire philanthropist Peter B. Lewis.
AUBURN, Maine - The Husson University student allegedly slain by a fellow student is being laid to rest.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two new exhibits at the Indiana War Memorial will honor former governors Ed Whitcomb and Joe Kernan.
PARAMUS, New Jersey - Michael Weiner's funeral drew baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, adversaries who did not appear to cross paths during Sunday's service honoring the union leader.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Services are planned in Texas this week for a Liberty University student who was fatally shot by a security officer.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Funeral plans have been announced for a Charleston police officer killed in an off-duty motorcycle wreck.
OLEAN, New York - Mourners will begin paying respects to New York Trooper Ross Riley, who died in a fall at Letchworth State Park during rescue training.
Americans grieved in front of their television sets on a brutally grim Sunday afternoon 50 years ago as a horse-drawn caisson took the body of President Kennedy from the White House to lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda.
DALLAS - It was the same time, 12:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 22. It was the same place, downtown Dallas.