- In a donated dress, girl dubbed Baby Doe is buried Updated: Nov-28-15 3:46 pm
WINTHROP, Massachusetts - The 2-year-old girl known for months as Baby Doe after her remains were found in a plastic bag on a Boston Harbor beach was buried Saturday in a donated dress with a donated quilt.
- Egypt's Coptic Orthodox leader makes rare Israeli visit Updated: Nov-28-15 11:08 am
JERUSALEM - The leader of Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church is making a rare visit to Israel to attend the funeral of a senior Coptic official in Jerusalem.
- Iran holds funeral for diplomat killed in Saudi hajj crush Updated: Nov-27-15 8:24 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has held a ceremonious funeral for one of its diplomats, the former ambassador to Lebanon, who was killed in the hajj stampede outside Mecca in September.
- South Koreans mourn ex-President Kim in state funeral Updated: Nov-26-15 5:32 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Thousands of mourners gathered Thursday at the lawn outside South Korea's parliament to bid farewell to former President Kim Young-sam, whose landmark 1992 election victory ended decades of military rule and ushered in a series of reforms.
- Funeral scheduled for former light heavyweight champion Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A funeral service for former lightweight champion Bob Foster has been scheduled for next week.
- The Latest: DOJ representatives attend Minneapolis protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Plan to move veterans memorial with 'Jesus fish' to continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:17 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Officials say they will continue with their plan to move a veterans memorial that bears a covered ichthus, or "Jesus fish," from the Boone County Courthouse grounds.
- Governor orders flags lowered to honor Detroit firefighter Updated: Nov-25-15 1:45 pm
DETROIT - Gov. Rick Snyder has ordered U.S. and Michigan flags lowered to half-staff Monday at the Capitol and other state government buildings in honor of a deceased Detroit firefighter.
- Head of North Carolina Funeral Board pleads to tax fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 9:47 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The president of the North Carolina Board of Funeral Services is one of two men who have pleaded guilty to federal tax fraud.
- Memorial planned for grandson of former Michigan coach Updated: Nov-25-15 6:06 am
SALINE, Michigan - A public memorial is planned for the 5-year-old grandson of former Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr.
- Memorial service in Oklahoma for soldier killed in IS fight Updated: Nov-24-15 7:36 pm
MULDROW, Oklahoma - The first American soldier to die in combat against the Islamic State group in Iraq was remembered Tuesday during a memorial service as a man who was passionate about his wife, children, church and making others happy.
- Marion Barry memorial plans include city hall statue or bust Updated: Nov-24-15 12:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Marion Barry would get a statue or bust in front of the District of Columbia's city hall under new plans unveiled by Mayor Muriel Bowser's office.
- Wreath-laying ceremony set at Richmond police memorial Updated: Nov-24-15 2:45 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A wreath-laying ceremony is scheduled at the newly reconditioned police memorial statue in Richmond's Festival Park.
- Funeral for Colorado trooper killed by suspected DUI driver Updated: Nov-23-15 7:23 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Law enforcement officers from across the country are honoring a Colorado State Patrol trooper who investigators say was killed by a vehicle driven by a retired Army colonel who they suspect had been drinking.
- Germany holds state funeral for ex-chancellor Helmut Schmidt Updated: Nov-23-15 7:22 am
BERLIN - Thousands of people lined the streets of Hamburg on Monday to pay tribute to former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt, one of the city's most respected sons who died two weeks ago at age 96.
- Freshman gives Delaware State first win, 32-31 over Howard Updated: Nov-21-15 5:36 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Freshman quarterback Kobie Lain threw two touchdowns and ran for a third in his first start and Delaware State got its first win in the last game of the season, 32-31 over Howard.
- Hundreds attend Father Schlegel's funeral Mass in Omaha Updated: Nov-21-15 5:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Hundreds of people - including Gov. Pete Ricketts and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert - attended the funeral Mass for the Rev. John Schlegel, who led Creighton University in Omaha for more than a decade.
- Indiana man caught, failed to return to jail after funeral Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
MADISON, Indiana - A southern Indiana man who failed to return to jail after being temporarily released so that he could attend a funeral is back behind bars.
- Judge rejects plea agreements for Alaska reality stars Updated: Nov-20-15 2:34 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state court judge on Thursday rejected plea agreements for two members of the family associated with the Discovery Channel's "Alaskan Bush People" reality TV show, putting the case in limbo.
- Services set for ex-Northwestern State leader Randall Webb Updated: Nov-19-15 3:18 pm
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - Funeral services for Northwestern State University's former president, Randall Webb, will be held Monday in Prather Coliseum on the campus in Natchitoches.
- Military family gathers for unclaimed veteran's funeral Updated: Nov-19-15 5:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - They sat in the back of the church. A solider. An airman. A Marine. Eyes facing forward to the casket of a man they never knew.
- Army veteran buried with honors after body was unclaimed Updated: Nov-18-15 9:29 pm
AUGUSTA, Michigan - Weeks after no one claimed the body, a Grand Rapids-area man who was an Army cook during the Vietnam War has been buried with military honors.
- Rugby world mourns death of Lomu, the game's 1st superstar Updated: Nov-18-15 7:04 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The worshippers gathered at the Lotofale'ia Mangere Tongan Church in the South Auckland suburb where Jonah Lomu was raised grieved for the man who put their community on the international map as he strode or barged his way to becoming the first genuinely global super star of rugby.
- Funeral service held for former North Carolina US Rep. Coble Updated: Nov-10-15 7:48 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Politicians and congressional staffers were among those who turned out to say their final goodbyes to North Carolina U.S. Rep. Howard Coble.
- Memorial scheduled for Columbia officer who died in crash Updated: Nov-10-15 5:24 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A memorial service will be held at the Township Auditorium for a Columbia police officer who died after her patrol car collided with another officer's vehicle.