- Funeral will honor 6 of 8 victims in Ohio family shootings Updated: May-03-16 12:17 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - There will be "ample security" at the funeral for six of the eight people shot and killed in rural southern Ohio in what authorities call a planned attack targeting one family, Ohio's attorney general said.
- Coast councilwoman's skull fractured after she is hit by car Updated: May-02-16 7:01 pm
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - A Bay St. Louis city council member has undergone surgery to alleviate bleeding in her head after witnesses say she was struck by a car outside a church where she was going to a funeral.
- Daugaard orders flags at half-staff to honor Mehlhaff Updated: May-02-16 10:26 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard ordered flags to fly at half-staff at the state Capitol on Monday in honor of former state Rep. Dean Mehlhaff.
- Hundreds attend memorial service for girl killed in school Updated: May-02-16 8:23 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Friends and loved ones gathered to pay tribute to a Wilmington teenager who died after being attacked inside a bathroom in her own school.
- May kicks off fundraising for Station Fire Memorial Park Updated: May-02-16 3:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - May begins a month-long effort by faith communities across Rhode Island to help raise the funds needed to complete Station Fire Memorial Park in West Warwick.
- Tom Shields wins 100 butterfly at Swim Meet of Champions Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
MISSION VIEJO, California - Tom Shields won the 100-meter butterfly Sunday on the last night of the Fran Crippen Memorial Swim Meet of Champions.
- Police: 2nd man wounded after funeral at Milwaukee church Updated: May-01-16 2:04 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police now say a second man was shot and wounded after a fight broke out after a funeral this weekend.
- Funeral for ex-Patriot Ron Brace scheduled for Monday Updated: May-01-16 11:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Former New England Patriots defensive lineman Ron Brace is being laid to rest in his home town.
- The Latest: 2nd funeral underway in Ohio shooting massacre Updated: Apr-30-16 3:43 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - The Latest on the shooting massacre in rural Ohio (all times local):
- Funeral arrangements set for former police chief Williams Updated: Apr-29-16 6:31 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Funeral arrangements are set for former Philadelphia and Los Angeles police chief Willie L. Williams.
- Conrad Burns' funeral next Friday at Metra Park Arena Updated: Apr-29-16 3:07 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The funeral service for former U.S. Sen. Conrad Burns will be held on Friday, May 6 at 11 a.m. at Metra Park Arena in Billings.
- Massachusetts Marine killed in Hawaii honored by hometown Updated: Apr-29-16 2:22 pm
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A Marine from Massachusetts who died in a helicopter crash in Hawaii was remembered at a memorial service for his loyalty, sense of humor and love of the sea.
- Construction workers attend Mass honoring dead colleagues Updated: Apr-28-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - Construction workers converged on St. Patrick's Cathedral on Thursday to honor fellow workers who died on the job.
- Memorial services set for late civil rights leader Kyles Updated: Apr-28-16 5:17 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memorial and funeral services have been set for the Rev. Samuel Billy Kyles, the civil rights leader and friend of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who died Tuesday in Memphis at age 81.
- The Latest: 1,000 workers hear of 'nightmare' at memorial Updated: Apr-28-16 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a Workers' Memorial Day Mass for construction workers who died in the job (all times local):
- Tree dedicated for 2 victims of Kalamazoo-area shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 10:57 am
MATTAWAN, Michigan - A tree has been dedicated in memory of two of the victims of February mass shootings in southwestern Michigan.
- Beach Boys to headline Memorial Day concert in DC Updated: Apr-28-16 8:28 am
WASHINGTON - The Beach Boys will be the headliners for this year's Memorial Day concert on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol.
- Minnesota man admits lying about Islamic State contact Updated: Apr-27-16 7:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man charged with threatening to "shoot up" a drugstore pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to the FBI about when he last contacted the Islamic State group in a separate case.
- Public viewing planned for outdoors artist Redlin Updated: Apr-26-16 4:25 pm
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - The family of outdoors artist Terry Redlin says a public viewing will be held Friday at the Watertown art center that bears his name.
- 9/11 memorial: Security guard shouldn't have silenced choir Updated: Apr-25-16 4:49 pm
NEW YORK - Officials at the Sept. 11 memorial said Monday that one of their security guards shouldn't have stopped a North Carolina middle school choir from singing the national anthem on the memorial plaza.
- Friends, family mourn Elmira native and PSU football star Updated: Apr-25-16 1:47 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Friends and family recently gathered to mourn a Portland State University football player who was supposed to begin his senior year this fall and had aspirations of playing in the NFL.
- Workers killed on job in New Hampshire to be honored Updated: Apr-25-16 12:19 am
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health is hosting a memorial dinner for families of those killed on the job in 2015.
- Analysis: Can't do taxes? Lawmakers weigh fees to fill gaps Updated: Apr-24-16 8:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Prohibitions against considering taxes in the current legislative session haven't slowed all efforts to raise revenue to patch together next year's budget.
- Poland buries remains of World War II resistance commander Updated: Apr-24-16 4:12 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president and government ministers attended the state burial Sunday of a World War II resistance commander and communist regime victim whose remains were found in a hidden mass grave.
- Bit Of A Legend wins Levy Memorial at Yonkers Updated: Apr-23-16 10:43 pm
YONKERS, New York - Bit Of A Legend won the $609,000 Levy Memorial on Saturday night at Yonkers Raceway, beating All Bets Off by a length in the richest race for pacers so far this year.