- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba Updated: Mar-07-14 9:01 pm
- Funeral Monday for Marine killed in Afghanistan Updated: Mar-07-14 7:04 pm
- Funeral for Indianapolis family that died in fire Updated: Mar-07-14 6:09 pm
- Large crowd gathers to honor NJ firefighter Updated: Mar-07-14 5:25 pm
- CEO of bitcoin exchange found dead in Singapore Updated: Mar-06-14 11:40 am
- Funeral set for undercover Phoenix police officer Updated: Mar-05-14 10:55 pm
- Funeral services set for Phoenix police officer Updated: Mar-05-14 5:13 pm
- Ban on food at Pa. funeral homes is reinstated Updated: Mar-04-14 12:32 pm
- 2 Pa. children drowned in Tennessee crash mourned Updated: Mar-04-14 11:25 am
- House Yarnell Hill memorial site plan approved Updated: Mar-03-14 7:03 pm
- Correction: Snake Handling story Updated: Mar-03-14 5:22 pm
- Funeral held for honorary Detroit police chief, 9 Updated: Mar-03-14 4:01 pm
- Backyard burial? No state law forbids it Updated: Mar-03-14 11:40 am
- Winter weather affects NYC's African Burial Ground Updated: Mar-02-14 2:46 pm
- Funeral held for 5 children killed in Minn. fire Updated: Mar-01-14 7:05 pm
- Date set for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba's funeral Updated: Feb-27-14 7:05 pm
- Angry funeral held for man over anti-Shiite song Updated: Feb-27-14 12:37 pm
- Service set in Ga. for skydiver killed in Arizona Updated: Feb-27-14 7:34 am
- Crowd outside funeral for slain 10-year-old girl Updated: Feb-26-14 5:51 pm
- Restoration planned for Clark memorial's murals Updated: Feb-26-14 3:34 pm
- Memorial race planned for U. of Michigan student Updated: Feb-26-14 7:47 am
- California officers killed in crash remembered Updated: Feb-24-14 1:44 pm
- Funeral times announced for Columbia firefighter Updated: Feb-24-14 7:42 am
- West Allis detective to be laid to rest Updated: Feb-24-14 6:43 am
- 2 groups plan Korean War vet memorial in Dover Updated: Feb-24-14 6:40 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - More than 150 friends and family members mourned Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba (SHOW-kway Lu-MOOM-bah) on Friday, remembering his career as a human rights activist, prominent attorney and black nationalist.
WASECA, Minnesota - A funeral service will be held Monday for the young Marine from Waseca killed while serving in Afghanistan.
INDIANAPOLIS - Hundreds of people attended a funeral service for a family of six killed in an Indianapolis house fire nearly two weeks ago.
WALLINGTON, New Jersey - Thousands of firefighters paid their final respects Friday to one of their own who they called a "fireman's fireman" who influenced many as an instructor and mentor.
SINGAPORE - The American CEO of a virtual currency exchange was found dead near her home in Singapore.
PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer wounded in a shootout that left his undercover partner dead along with the suspect they were pursuing was released from a hospital Wednesday.
PHOENIX - Funeral services have been scheduled for a Phoenix police officer who suffered fatal wounds in a shootout with a suspect earlier this week.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Food will no longer be served at central Pennsylvania funeral homes thanks to a federal appeals court ruling that reinstated a decades-old ban on that practice.
LITITZ, Pennsylvania - A Lititz-area couple is mourning the deaths of their 3-year-old daughter and 6-week-old son, who drowned a week ago in Tennessee after the SUV they were riding in with their mother went off a narrow farm lane and overturned in a pond.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives has given initial approval to a bill setting aside $500,000 to create a memorial site honoring the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who died in the Yarnell Hill Fire last year.
In a story Feb. 26 about a snake-handling preacher who recently died from a bite, The Associated Press reported erroneously the number of deaths each year from snake bites in the United States. Around 5 people die each year from snake bites, not 5 percent of the estimated 7,000 to 8,000 people who receive bites.
DETROIT - Detroit Police Chief James Craig stood at attention in the pulpit and snapped his right hand to his forehead, offering a crisp salute in the direction of the casket below him.
BUTLER, Pennsylvania - The idea of "green burials" is becoming more popular, and because of this, people are more aware that it is legal to bury their loved ones on their own property.
NEW YORK - The wintry weather is keeping the outdoor memorial at the African Burial Ground in lower Manhattan closed.
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of mourners gathered Saturday for the funeral of five children who were killed in a north Minneapolis duplex fire last month.
JACKSON, Mississippi - According to Willis and Sons Funeral Home, funeral services for Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba will be held Saturday, March 8, at 11 a.m.
BEIRUT - Angry mourners gathered in Beirut to bury a Sunni man, rumored to be the singer of a tune urging violent death upon Shiites, in the latest manifestation of how the war in neighboring Syria has inflamed hatreds in Lebanon that now extend even to music.
FORT BENNING, Georgia - A memorial service is planned for Friday at Georgia's Fort Benning to remember a military serviceman who was killed while skydiving near Eloy, Arizona
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A flag-waving crowd gathered outside the funeral of a 10-year-old southwest Missouri girl who was abducted and killed last week, chanting her name and wearing her favorite colors of pink and purple.
VINCENNES, Indiana - Restoration work is being planned for the seven 28-foot-tall murals at the southwestern Indiana memorial to Revolutionary War figure George Rogers Clark.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A memorial race is planned for May in honor of a slain University of Michigan medical student on the weekend he was set to have graduated from the medical program.
FRESNO, California - The memorial service is underway for two California Highway Patrol officers killed while responding to a crash south of Fresno.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The firefighter who died while helping to evacuate an apartment complex in Columbia will be remembered with services on Thursday.
WEST ALLIS, Wisconsin - Law enforcement officers from across the state are expected to take part in the funeral procession for a suburban Milwaukee detective who died shortly after giving birth to twins.
DOVER, Delaware - Two veterans groups are working to raise $10,000 for a memorial honoring those who served during the Korean War.