- From Marathon Meb to the 'beacon' of Beacon St Updated: Apr-22-14 8:59 pm
- 1 year after bombs, Boston Marathon a celebration Updated: Apr-22-14 7:48 am
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-22-14 6:17 am
- MARATHON WATCH: Silence, then exultation in Boston Updated: Apr-21-14 5:40 pm
- MARATHON WATCH: Arredondo back at finish line Updated: Apr-21-14 3:25 pm
- American McFadden wins Boston wheelchair division Updated: Apr-21-14 1:50 pm
- Kenya's Rita Jeptoo wins Boston Marathon again Updated: Apr-21-14 1:12 pm
- Uganda suspends track coach over sex abuse charges Updated: Apr-21-14 11:41 am
- Eaton fourth in 400 hurdles at Mt SAC Relays Updated: Apr-19-14 10:03 pm
- Kansas wins 8 of 20 track events at Relays Updated: Apr-19-14 8:34 pm
- Dejen Gebremeskel defends title at BAA 5K Updated: Apr-19-14 7:26 pm
- Tadesee wins Kentucky Derby Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 4:51 pm
- Komon, Gesabwa win Crescent City Classic 10K Updated: Apr-19-14 4:39 pm
- Arkansas' Scott breaks 5,000-meter school record Updated: Apr-19-14 11:42 am
- Joyner-Kersee trains with Palestinian women Updated: Apr-17-14 11:11 am
- Jamaica agency admits sprinter's test was flawed Updated: Apr-16-14 5:14 pm
- Wisconsin woman writes bombing suspect Updated: Apr-16-14 8:01 am
- Holly Township woman to return to Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-16-14 7:07 am
- CAS cites doping sample flaws in Jamaican case Updated: Apr-15-14 11:56 am
- Indiana runner to honor Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-15-14 11:04 am
- 2 women sue Boise State over sex assault response Updated: Apr-14-14 7:55 pm
- North Korea's capital hosts international marathon Updated: Apr-14-14 10:27 am
- Marathon bombing victim hopes to help others now Updated: Apr-13-14 10:59 am
- Wilson Kipsang wins his 2nd London Marathon Updated: Apr-13-14 9:35 am
- Feleke wins Vienna marathon with course record Updated: Apr-13-14 6:36 am
BOSTON - Meb Keflezighi fled the East African nation of Eritrea as a 12-year-old boy, coming to the United States to escape war and poverty. Tatyana McFadden was 6 and sickly when an American woman adopted her from a Russian orphanage.
BOSTON - Unfinished business. Defiance. Hope, strength and resilience. They used different words but the meaning was the same for thousands of people who were stopped by twin bombings at last year's Boston Marathon and came back this year to finish what they started.
BOSTON - A year ago, an injured Meb Keflezighi watched the Boston Marathon from the stands at the finish line on Boylston Street, leaving five minutes before the bombs went off.
A look at the 118th running of the Boston Marathon. For further updates, visit http://bigstory.ap.org.
A look at the 118th running of the Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - Tatyana McFadden of the United States has won the women's wheelchair race at the Boston Marathon on her 25th birthday. It was the second straight year she won the race.
BOSTON - Rita Jeptoo of Kenya successfully defended the Boston Marathon title she said she could not enjoy a year ago after the fatal bombings.
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's athletics body suspended a coach who is accused of sexually harassing female runners, an official said on Monday, after Ugandan police started investigating the man whose alleged misconduct has sparked calls for his arrest and prosecution.
WALNUT, California - Ashton Eaton learned the hard way that experience often trumps talent and athleticism.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The inaugural weekend hosting the Kansas Relays at Rock Chalk Park couldn't have gone much better for the Kansas Jayhawks on Saturday.
BOSTON - Dejen Gebremeskel defended his title at the B.A.A. 5K on Saturday as thousands of runners took to the streets in Boston two days before the marathon.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Birhanu Tadesee won the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon on Saturday in 2 hours, 17 minutes, 54 seconds.
NEW ORLEANS - Kenya's Leonard Patrick Komon has won the Crescent City Classic 10-kilometer road race in New Orleans.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The eighth-ranked University of Arkansas women's track and field team has shattered a school record, taken down five personal records and broken into the Southeastern Conference top-times list at the Mt. SAC Relays in California.
EL BIREH, West Bank - Dozens of Palestinian girls and women, most of them newcomers to the world of running, got a lesson in the basics Thursday from a track and field great - three-time Olympic gold medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency on Wednesday acknowledged that sample collection procedures in sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown's positive test last year were "inconsistent" with international standards.
BARABOO, Wisconsin - A Baraboo woman says she's been criticized and even threatened for sending letters of support to the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
HOLLY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - When Anita Harless told her sons that she was returning to the Boston Marathon this year, they told her they didn't want to come, she said.
LONDON - Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown was cleared of doping because of blatant flaws in the test collection procedures and possible "environmental contamination" of her urine sample, sport's highest appeals body said Tuesday.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Cheryl Marner was a mile from the finish line at last year's Boston Marathon when all of the runners in front of her suddenly stopped.
BOISE, Idaho - Two former Boise State University students are suing the school because they say athletic officials ignored their reports of sexual assault and harassment by a star athlete.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - The streets of North Korea's showcase capital were filled with runners from all over the world on Sunday for the annual Pyongyang marathon, which was open to foreign amateurs this year for the first time.
Gillian Reny arrived for freshman orientation at the University of Pennsylvania in August, just days after she had started to walk again.
LONDON - The last of the elite runners to arrive in London but the first over the line, Wilson Kipsang's week of travel chaos had no impact on his marathon running. The world record-holder saw off a strong field to capture his second London title by breaking the course record on Sunday.
VIENNA - Getu Feleke of Ethiopia overcame stomach problems in the closing kilometers of the Vienna City Marathon to win the event in a course-record time on Sunday.