- Former East German athlete testifies to the evils of doping Updated: Nov-27-15 1:35 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Heidi Krieger didn't ask questions when her coaches added a regimen of blue pills to the handful of vitamins she was already taking every day.
- IAAF clears Radcliffe, defends its blood testing program Updated: Nov-27-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - The IAAF cleared marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe of doping allegations on Friday and rejected claims that it failed to act on hundreds of suspicious blood tests, saying the accusations lacked "any scientific or legal basis."
- Geoghegan, Nukuri win Manchester Road Race Updated: Nov-26-15 10:56 am
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Will Geoghegan, a Nike runner from Eugene, Oregon, has won the 79th annual Manchester Road Race in an unofficial time of 21 minutes and 33 seconds.
- Iowa St runners recall day of triumph, tragedy 30 years ago Updated: Nov-24-15 2:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - It's been 30 years since the plane crash and Jill Slettedahl-Winter still aches at the memory.
- CAS to judge bans for 6 Russian athletes caught doping Updated: Nov-24-15 9:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Russian anti-doping system will go on trial at the Court of Arbitration for Sport next week with two Olympic medals at stake.
- Protesters occupy headquarters of Kenya athletics federation Updated: Nov-23-15 12:54 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A group of Kenyan athletes occupied the headquarters of the national track and field federation on Monday, demanding the removal of its top officials in a protest against doping and corruption.
- Oregon's Cheserek, Notre Dame's Seidel win in cross country Updated: Nov-21-15 9:18 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Oregon's Edward Cheserek won the NCAA Division I Cross Country Championships on Saturday, and Notre Dame's Molly Seidel took the women's title.
- IOC president proposes overhaul of WADA doping operations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:27 pm
PRAGUE - IOC President Thomas Bach proposed an overhaul of the World Anti-Doping Agency's operations Friday, including the creation of independent testing and professional intelligence-gathering units to avoid the kind of scandals that have embroiled Russia and track and field.
- Spanish runner Marta Dominguez banned 3 years by CAS Updated: Nov-19-15 1:11 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Spanish runner Marta Dominguez was banned for three years Thursday and stripped of her 2009 world steeplechase title for blood doping.
- Possible bronze medalist says she still feels cheated Updated: Nov-09-15 9:57 pm
The fifth-place finisher at 800 meters in the 2012 Olympics woke up Monday morning and realized she might still win a medal. A bunch of them, in fact.
- Radcliffe: Inquiry shows Olympic cheats they'll be caught Updated: Nov-09-15 8:38 pm
LONDON - Marathon record-holder Paula Radcliffe believes the devastating exposure of state-sponsored doping by Russia send a timely warning to athletes thinking of cheating at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics that they will be caught.
- IAAF cancels Monaco gala amid corruption case Updated: Nov-06-15 2:28 pm
MONACO - The IAAF canceled its annual awards gala Friday amid the corruption allegations rocking track and field's governing body.
- Russia bans 5 athletes in new doping cases Updated: Nov-05-15 7:39 am
MOSCOW - The Russian athletics federation suspended five athletes Thursday, including a top marathon runner and an Olympic hammer throw finalist, just days before the publication of a major report into Russian doping.
- Kenyans Stanley Biwott, Mary Keitany win NYC Marathon Updated: Nov-01-15 3:18 pm
NEW YORK - Mary Keitany once tried to win a New York City Marathon by surging to a huge lead from the start.
- McFadden sets NYC Marathon women's wheelchair course record Updated: Nov-01-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - Tatyana McFadden has shattered the New York City Marathon women's wheelchair course record in sweeping four major marathons for the third straight year.
- Arkansas men, women win SEC cross country titles Updated: Oct-30-15 7:04 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas men's and women's cross country teams have each won Southeastern Conference titles.
- Bob Beamon collects 'outstanding Olympic performance' award Updated: Oct-30-15 1:52 am
WASHINGTON - Long jump great Bob Beamon has received a special Olympic award, almost half a century after he set a world record with a stunning jump at the 1968 Mexico City Games.
- At 40, Keflezighi set for fast turnaround after NYC Marathon Updated: Oct-29-15 5:21 pm
NEW YORK - Meb Keflezighi's coach jokes that if the top American marathoner isn't ready for February's Olympic trials, USA Track & Field should just postpone the event.