- David Rudisha to race against the clock in 800m in Zurich Updated: Sep-02-15 1:53 pm
ZURICH - After announcing his return to the top with a second world championship title in Beijing last month, 800-meter world record holder David Rudisha is aiming to run even faster at the Weltklasse Zurich meet on Thursday.
- Report: Criminal probe into Powell, Simpson dropped in Italy Updated: Sep-02-15 11:45 am
UDINE, Italy - A criminal doping investigation into Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson plus their trainer has reportedly been dropped in Italy.
- Usain Bolt points to Rio with more gold in his hands Updated: Aug-30-15 5:05 pm
BEIJING - Hard as this is to believe, there were questions about Usain Bolt when the world championships first started.
- The Latest: Coe gets to work right away as IAAF president Updated: Aug-30-15 1:05 pm
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Moving on: US bobbles a relay, starts thinking about Rio Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BEIJING - For the world's best sprinters, passing the baton in the 4x400 relay is about as easy as rolling out of bed in the morning.
- A 200-400 sprint double at Olympics could be waiting Felix Updated: Aug-30-15 11:35 am
BEIJING - If Allyson Felix feels tired now, just wait until next year.
- Richards-Ross looks to lead US to gold in 4x400 at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
BEIJING - A gold medal could make a tough trip to Beijing a little bit better for Sanya Richards-Ross.
- Deja vu: Vlasic, Chicherova go 2-3 again at Bird's Nest Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 pm
BEIJING - Same stadium, same positions on the podium.
- Ex-Arkansas State hurdler finishes 8th at world championship Updated: Aug-28-15 2:47 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Former Arkansas State hurdler Sharika Nelvis finished eighth in the 100-meter hurdles at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing after stumbling over the final hurdle.
- Danielle Williams wins her 1st world hurdles title at 22 Updated: Aug-28-15 1:56 pm
BEIJING - Danielle Williams glanced to her right after crossing the line in the 100-meter hurdles, looking for her older sister.
- Schippers: From outsider to world sprint champion in 1 year Updated: Aug-28-15 1:20 pm
BEIJING - Forgive Dafne Schippers for being dazed and dizzy.
- Struggling Russia gets unexpected gold in 110-meter hurdles Updated: Aug-28-15 1:14 pm
BEIJING - Russian hurdler Sergey Shubenkov knows all about his country's doping scandals, he's just not paying any attention to it.
- China gets 1-2 in sporting finish to 20K walk at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 1:29 am
BEIJING - With China's first gold of the world championships virtually assured, the only thing for teammates Liu Hong and Lu Xiuzhi to decide was who should win it.
- Los Angeles Marathon gets new sponsor Updated: Aug-27-15 5:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Marathon has a new sponsor.
- Americans add 2 golds at worlds from Felix and Taylor Updated: Aug-27-15 1:41 pm
BEIJING - Allyson Felix and Christian Taylor were out of their comfort zones at the world championships.
- Wlodarczyk's record win gives Poland hammer throw sweep Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 pm
BEIJING - The more Anita Wlodarczyk has accomplished in her hammer throwing career, the more she has learned to keep her celebrations relatively restrained.
- Jamaicans provide some smiles in the 200 at worlds Updated: Aug-26-15 1:53 pm
BEIJING - Racing in a lane next to one of the big-name Jamaicans sure was a laugh.
- Kenya's historic win in javelin overshadowed by doping tests Updated: Aug-26-15 1:30 pm
BEIJING - Kenya made history at the world championships on Wednesday when javelin thrower Julius Yego won the first gold medal in a field event for a country renowned as a cradle of distance running.
- Silva casts off self-doubts to win pole vault gold at worlds Updated: Aug-26-15 1:08 pm
BEIJING - With a strange choice for background music blaring around the Bird's Nest, Yarisley Silva attempted to clear 5.01 meters in the pole vault shortly after winning her first gold medal at the world championships.
- Americans struggle through opening 4 days of worlds Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
BEIJING - Jenny Simpson lost her left shoe after being stepped on and ran the last lap of the 1,500-meter race with her bare foot striking the surface.
- At the Bird's Nest, it's another Dibaba gold medal Updated: Aug-25-15 11:35 am
BEIJING - At the Bird's Nest, it's another Dibaba gold.
- Russian runner wins cut in doping ban for giving evidence Updated: Aug-24-15 1:22 pm
MONTREAL - Disgraced three-time Chicago Marathon winner Liliya Shobukhova can race again after her doping ban was cut for giving evidence to help other investigations.
- Upstart American sprinter Tori Bowie takes bronze at worlds Updated: Aug-24-15 12:42 pm
BEIJING - Things didn't align quite perfectly for Tori Bowie in the 100-meter final on Monday: She sliced her finger on the starting blocks before the race and, once in those blocks, struggled to get off to a fast start.
- Schippers: From heptathlon bronze to 100 silver in 2 years Updated: Aug-24-15 12:04 pm
BEIJING - Two years ago, Dafne Schippers was a talented heptathlete earning a bronze medal at the world championships.
- Ennis-Hill hoping for ruling on disputed 2011 world title Updated: Aug-24-15 9:59 am
BEIJING - Olympic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill surprised even herself by winning the heptathlon gold at the world championships only a year after giving birth to her son.