- Hawaii lawmakers gut and replace contents of bills Updated: Apr-10-14 2:25 am
- Maui group gathers signatures for GMO initiative Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 pm
- Michigan State, food industry start safety center Updated: Apr-07-14 7:01 pm
- Agribusinesses give $380,000 to beat anti-GMO vote Updated: Apr-03-14 7:38 pm
- Hawaii House revives and kills GMO food-label bill Updated: Mar-20-14 7:05 pm
- Vermont lawmakers consider labels on modified food Updated: Mar-19-14 5:55 pm
HONOLULU - A series of bills that lawmakers passed in the Hawaii Senate were drafted without giving the public the proper chance to weigh in, following a "gut-and-replace" maneuver scorned by government watchdog groups.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui group says it has submitted more than 9,500 signatures in support of a temporary ban on growing or testing genetically modified organisms in Maui County.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University is joining food and drink makers and sellers to create the Center for Research on Ingredient Safety, it was announced Monday.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Six major producers of herbicides and genetically modified crops are shoveling $380,000 into the campaign to defeat measures to prohibit genetically modified crops in southwestern Oregon.
HONOLULU - An effort to require labels on genetically modified foods in Hawaii was brought back to life in the state Legislature, but it died in committee on Thursday almost as quickly as it was revived.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont Senate panel heard forecasts Wednesday on how well a bill requiring labels on genetically modified foods would hold up in court if the measure becomes law.