- Web-based program advances science, math skills Updated: Mar-12-14 8:16 am
- Va awards $2M to boost teacher science, math Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 am
- Michigan tests show mixed reading, math levels Updated: Feb-28-14 7:40 pm
- State lowers bar on math proficiency test Updated: Feb-27-14 11:34 am
- IU prof to set up math research center in Russia Updated: Feb-21-14 4:07 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - The Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi is expanding a program that brings Web-based, interactive science, technology, engineering and math education to local schools.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Education is awarding more than $2 million in grants to enhance teachers' knowledge of science, technology, engineering and math and their ability to teach the subjects.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan standardized test results for grades 3 to 8 showed mixed math and reading level changes in 2013, with almost one-third of students failing reading and more than half failing math.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada education officials are making it easier for students to pass a math proficiency test that's required for graduation but has proved tough for high schoolers.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - An Indiana University professor who formerly taught high school math in Russia has been awarded $2.7 million to establish a new mathematics laboratory in Russia.