- MTSU hosts event for girls interested in science and math Updated: Apr-29-15 3:35 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle and high school girls interested in math and science are eligible to participate in a conference at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.
- German math exam criticized over plane question Updated: Apr-22-15 10:58 am
BERLIN - School authorities in Berlin have come under criticism for making students calculate a plane's course through mountainous terrain weeks after one of the country's worst air disasters.
- Buchholz High School wins 11th consecutive math title Updated: Apr-20-15 5:55 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The Buchholz High School math team broke a state record at a two-day competition in Orlando.
- EXCHANGE: Computer program used to help math students learn Updated: Apr-19-15 11:26 am
JOLIET, Illinois - Zamirah Ellis may have been several grades behind in math when she came to Joliet Central High School, but she quickly caught up this school year.
- Mathical prize honors 4 children's books for math themes Updated: Apr-17-15 10:40 am
WASHINGTON - Math-related children's books are being awarded a new literature prize as the National Math Festival begins.
- Thousands likely to sit out New York English, math tests Updated: Apr-13-15 4:26 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Parent leaders of the movement to boycott New York's standardized tests say opting children out could do more for their education than the tests themselves.
- SD schools use grants to improve math, science instruction Updated: Apr-09-15 6:16 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Federal grants of $270,000 will go toward six South Dakota projects geared toward improving science and mathematics instruction in middle and high schools.
- Math test scores in grades 3-8 won't affect school ratings Updated: Apr-08-15 7:05 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Officials say they won't include math scores on state-mandated standardized tests for students in third through eighth grade when calculating this year's state accountability ratings.