- Mass. boy denies raping, killing his math teacher Updated: Dec-04-13 5:52 pm
- Fla. students below global peers in math, science Updated: Dec-03-13 12:54 pm
- Nev. award named after fallen Sparks math teacher Updated: Dec-02-13 6:23 pm
- EXCHANGE: Hoffman Estates teen a math whiz Updated: Nov-20-13 6:11 am
- Unhappy Hillsboro moms teaching kids math at home Updated: Nov-13-13 9:52 am
- Kan. students' scores on reading, math tests slip Updated: Nov-12-13 8:13 pm
- Student sues Montana college after flunking math Updated: Nov-12-13 5:27 pm
SALEM, Massachusetts - A 14-year-old boy accused of killing his high school math teacher pleaded not guilty to murder, aggravated rape and armed robbery charges on Wednesday.
MIAMI - Florida teens scored lower than their international peers in math and science and about the same in reading, results from a global test released Tuesday show.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada officials have renamed the state teacher of the year award after the man who died trying to stop a shooter at Sparks Middle School.
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - If you look past numbers and computations and distill math to its essence, it's all about creativity, 17-year-old James Tao says.
HILLSBORO, Oregon - Nine parents in Hillsboro are holding their seventh- and eighth-graders out of school to teach them math at home because they are unhappy with the new Common Core curriculum this year in Oregon public schools.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas elementary and secondary school students' overall scores on statewide reading and math tests slipped this year, declining together for the first time since 2000, the state Department of Education reported Tuesday.
HELENA, Montana - A Rocky Mountain College art student who flunked and dropped math classes required to earn a degree is suing to force the school to allow her to substitute two non-math courses so she can graduate.