- Nearly 400K Virginia students to take shorter SOL math tests Updated: Apr-28-16 4:38 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Nearly 400,000 Virginia elementary and middle school students will take shorter Standards of Learning math tests this spring.
- Viewer's Guide: Calculating delegate math, Indiana next Updated: Apr-27-16 8:30 am
WASHINGTON - With five more states in the rear-view mirror, presidential candidates will spend Wednesday recalculating cold, hard delegate math and plotting strategy for the contests still to come - 10 for Republicans, 16 for Democrats.
- Delegate math: How Tuesday could close door on Sanders bid Updated: Apr-25-16 9:36 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton can't win enough delegates on Tuesday to officially knock Bernie Sanders out of the presidential race, but she can erase any lingering honest doubts about whether she'll soon be the Democratic nominee.
- Missouri education officials approve new English, math goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri became the latest state to adopt a new set of education benchmarks to replace the national Common Core standards, ditching the benchmarks Tuesday following conservative backlash.
- Arkansas Board of Education adopts new math standards Updated: Apr-15-16 1:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Board of Education has adopted new math standards for grades kindergarten through 12, which revises more than half of the national Common Core standards that are now in place.
- Frederick-based tech startup looks to solve math problems Updated: Apr-10-16 9:00 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Have you ever tried to count how many jelly beans are in a jar for a contest? How would you solve it?