- Granderson, Mets beat Dodgers 13-7 to take 2-1 lead in NLDS Updated: Oct-13-15 7:43 am
- Cardinals manager Matheny trying MLB-approved iPad in dugout Updated: Oct-13-15 2:59 am
CHICAGO - When St. Louis manager Mike Matheny has to make a pivotal decision in the playoffs, he can pull a scouting report from his pocket. He can ask a coach to look at notes the Cardinals brought to the bench.
- Mets replace Tejada on roster with Triple-A SS Reynolds Updated: Oct-13-15 1:40 am
NEW YORK - Matt Reynolds was home in Oklahoma just a few weeks ago, his minor league season complete.
- Cardinals fall to Arrieta, Cubs 8-6, trail 2-1 in NLDS Updated: Oct-12-15 11:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Heyward and the St. Louis Cardinals did exactly what they wanted to do against Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs hit 6 home runs, top Cardinals 8-6 for 2-1 lead in NLDS Updated: Oct-12-15 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The young sluggers of the Chicago Cubs are making themselves at home in the playoffs.
- Royals rally on Correa's error, beat Astros 9-6 to even ALDS Updated: Oct-12-15 6:49 pm
HOUSTON - Almost out of time and out of the playoffs, the Kansas City Royals realized they needed more than a big home run.
- Jinx? Texas governor congratulates Astros before collapse Updated: Oct-12-15 5:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Here's a new "oops" moment for a Texas governor: prematurely celebrating a Houston Astros playoff victory.
- Dodgers' Utley suspended 2 playoff games for 'illegal' slide Updated: Oct-11-15 11:18 pm
NEW YORK - Safe at second base - and suspended for two games.
- Clean slide or dirty play? The take on Utley's takeout Updated: Oct-11-15 10:46 pm
NEW YORK - This much is certain: Anyone who bemoans that baseball's gone soft never covered second base with Chase Utley bearing down on a potential double play.
- Astros take 2-1 series lead over Royals with 4-2 win Updated: Oct-11-15 10:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Kansas City Royals were the darlings of last year's postseason, making an unlikely run to the World Series.
- Osuna goes from picking vegetables to closer with Toronto Updated: Oct-11-15 2:58 am
At 12, Roberto Osuna quit school to work with his father picking vegetables in the fields in Northern Mexico. Four years later, he was pitching against grown men in the Mexican League.
- Cubs put squeeze on Cardinals, even NLDS with 6-3 win Updated: Oct-10-15 10:05 pm
- Road to playoffs can be long, brutal grind - or rapid ride Updated: Oct-10-15 12:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Rios bounced through four organizations and played nearly 1,700 games before he finally appeared in a postseason game with the Kansas City Royals on Thursday night.
- Kershaw outdueled by deGrom in Dodgers' 3-1 loss in NLDS Updated: Oct-10-15 2:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw struck out 11 only to be thwarted again in the postseason.
- Mariners fire Lloyd McClendon after 2 seasons Updated: Oct-09-15 3:31 pm
SEATTLE - Given the opportunity that he didn't get in his previous stop as a general manager, Jerry Dipoto decided the best move for the Seattle Mariners was to bring in his own field boss from the start.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Cubs win gets most viewers in wild-card game's short history Updated: Oct-08-15 9:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Cubs' return to the playoffs has drawn the largest television audience in the short history of baseball's wild-card game.
- St. Louis police to increase security for baseball playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Baseball fans converging on the city's downtown for the playoffs series between the Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs can expect a beefed-up police presence, St. Louis' police chief pledged Thursday, two weeks after a shooting near Busch Stadium left a fan unable to walk and spawned unease about downtown safety.
- Blue Jays' last postseason appearance was in a different era Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
It may not have been obvious at the time, but when Joe Carter's home run sailed over the wall to win the 1993 World Series for Toronto, a distinct era in baseball history came to an end.
- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Pirates stopped by Arrieta, fall to Cubs 4-0 in NL wild card Updated: Oct-08-15 12:53 am
- Arrieta, Cubs silence Pirates 4-0 to win NL wild-card game Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Maybe it's time to stop treating the Chicago Cubs like they're too young to be here.
- Mets gear up to face 'those 2 animals' at Dodger Stadium Updated: Oct-07-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Cuddyer and the New York Mets are well aware of the challenge ahead.
- Puig says he's on Dodgers' playoff roster for NLDS Updated: Oct-07-15 6:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig said Wednesday he's on the playoff roster for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who haven't revealed their 25-man squad for the upcoming NL Division Series.
- Harvey on time, Collins a cutup and mollified Mets off to LA Updated: Oct-07-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - With a gaggle of watchful reporters waiting outside the Mets dugout and a row of photographers kneeling in position, Matt Harvey hopped up the steps and onto the field at exactly 10 a.m.