- A guide to watching sports if you don't have cable Updated: Oct-07-15 3:31 am
NEW YORK - It's football season, and baseball playoffs are starting. Don't have cable? You can still watch.
- A sad-sack history: The Half-Dozen 'Cubbiest' Moments Ever Updated: Oct-07-15 2:23 am
Cubs manager Joe Maddon says he doesn't believe in "any of that stuff."
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- MLB inning breaks 3 minutes, 15 seconds during postseason Updated: Oct-06-15 10:10 pm
NEW YORK - In the first year of Major League Baseball's countdown clocks, between-inning breaks were clearly longer during the postseason opener between the Houston Astros and New York Yankees.
- CF Gomez in Astros' lineup for wild-card game vs Yanks Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 pm
NEW YORK - Center fielder Carlos Gomez is in the Houston Astros' starting lineup for the AL wild-card game against the New York Yankees.
- Napoli back with the Rangers, who are back in playoffs Updated: Oct-06-15 5:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Chants of "Nap-o-li!, Nap-o-li!" echo in Texas just like 2011 all over again.
- Royals head into postseason with newfound expectations Updated: Oct-06-15 2:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals were just happy to be invited to the party last year, ending a 29-year postseason drought before squeaking through a dramatic wild-card game against the Athletics.
- Gallardo, Hamels set to start for Rangers in ALDS Games 1-2 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:44 pm
- Chamber: Each Cardinals playoff game worth $5.9 million Updated: Oct-06-15 5:10 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals are back in the playoffs for the fifth straight year, and that's good news for the region's economy.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Cubs take aim at postseason after making big leap Updated: Oct-05-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - No matter how the playoffs turn out for the Chicago Cubs, manager Joe Maddon wanted to know one thing.
- Rays ready to keep building after another sub-.500 finish Updated: Oct-05-15 6:28 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The resourceful Tampa Bay Rays have always used a different measuring stick to gauge their progress.
- Another long offseason for underachieving Marlins Updated: Oct-05-15 4:48 pm
MIAMI - Six months and 91 losses later, it's hard to remember why the Miami Marlins thought they were breaking spring training camp with a playoff contender.
- Cooper, Nelson will be plate umpires in wild-card games Updated: Oct-05-15 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Eric Cooper will be the plate umpire for the AL wild-card game and Jeff Nelson will call balls and strikes at the NL game.
- Royals back in playoffs with stingy, rebuilt bullpen Updated: Oct-05-15 2:20 pm
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Yanks still chasing home-field edge after 9-2 loss to O's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Yankees starter Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky outing and New York failed to wrap up home field for the AL wild-card game, losing 9-2 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.