- US hopes to build on 1st world championships in 3 decades Updated: Sep-28-15 10:35 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - It had been nearly three decades since the U.S. last hosted cycling's road world championships. The hope now is the legacy of this year's event lasts at least that long.
- Armitstead wins dramatic sprint at road world championships Updated: Sep-26-15 5:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lizzie Armitstead had an idea of how she wanted the world championships to play out, the field whittling down to a select bunch and the fastest few eventually sprinting for gold.
- After missing podium, Armstrong must reset Olympic goals Updated: Sep-26-15 3:47 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Kristin Armstrong is the two-time and defending Olympic gold medalist in the time trial, and may give the U.S. team its best chance of another cycling medal at next year's Rio Olympics.
- New crop of riders could take shot at cycling's hour record Updated: Sep-25-15 2:36 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - It is the simplicity of the hour record that makes it the most hallowed in cycling, one rider on one machine for 60 minutes to determine just how much distance a human can cover.
- Cycling's governing body announces new women's tour Updated: Sep-24-15 3:25 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Cycling's governing body announced a new tour for women's racing on Thursday, promising more events and greater visibility for what has largely been a neglected part of the sport.
- Arbitrator forces change to US team for world championships Updated: Sep-22-15 10:38 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lauren Komanski replaced Allie Dragoo on the U.S. team for the road cycling world championships after an arbitrator's ruling late Tuesday, less than four days before the start of the race.
- Another rider caught in retesting of doping samples Updated: Sep-21-15 10:55 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - An International Cycling Union policy of re-testing stored doping samples has led to a third rider being provisionally suspended pending a disciplinary case.
- Time trial training crashes prove peril of Richmond course Updated: Sep-19-15 4:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Two crashes during team time trial training for the world championships on Saturday injured several riders, including one rider who got a concussion and another with a broken collarbone.
- Bouchard-Hall taking reins of USA Cycling at pivotal time Updated: Sep-14-15 4:05 pm
Derek Bouchard-Hall could not have chosen a more interesting time to take over USA Cycling. Or a more stressful one.
- Breaking down the favorites for the road world championships Updated: Sep-11-15 2:33 pm
There will be 12 championships at stake when the road worlds return to U.S. soil for the first time since 1986. While the junior and under-23 races in Richmond, Virginia, will showcase the up-and-coming stars of the sport, it will be the elite men and women in the spotlight.
- As road worlds return to US, here is what you should know Updated: Sep-11-15 2:26 pm
Hundreds of the world's best cyclists will descend on Richmond, Virginia, for the road world championships next week. It's the first time that the U.S. has hosted the event since 1986, when Italian rider Moreno Argentin sprinted to victory in Colorado Springs.