- Illinois college adds major in brewing amid craft beer boom Updated: Apr-24-16 8:20 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - An Illinois university has a new accredited degree in fermentation science to train future brewers, distillers and vintners.
- Mind. Blown. Brain-controlled drone race pushes future tech Updated: Apr-22-16 2:31 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Wearing black headsets with tentacle-like sensors stretched over their foreheads, the competitors stare at cubes floating on computer screens as their small white drones prepare for takeoff.
- LaGrange College embarks on fundraising campaign Updated: Apr-22-16 12:00 pm
LAGRANGE, Georgia - Officials at LaGrange College are launching a $45-$50 million fundraising campaign.
- Fire department calls Hawaii lab explosion an accident Updated: Apr-18-16 10:56 pm
HONOLULU - A visiting researcher who lost an arm last month in a laboratory explosion at the University of Hawaii told fire investigators the blast occurred after she turned off a digital pressure gauge she was using to check the pressure in a gas cylinder.
- Museum enlists volunteers in search for creepy crawlies Updated: Apr-14-16 9:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Long before Southern California was paved over with freeways and covered with cars and millions of people, it was teeming with snakes, slugs, spiders, snails and uncounted other slimy, creepy, crawly creatures.
- State grant to help pay for roads around physics facility Updated: Apr-13-16 2:29 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - State officials have awarded a $3 million grant for road projects to support the operation of a nuclear science facility being built at Michigan State University.
- Science group wants Lead's OK for conveyor over Main Street Updated: Apr-13-16 1:56 pm
LEAD, South Dakota - The South Dakota Science and Technology Authority wants to build an elevated conveyor system over Lead's Main Street to transport waste rock from a science experiment.
- USD's new arena to be called Sanford Coyote Sports Center Updated: Apr-12-16 12:25 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - The University of South Dakota's new $66 million arena will be named Sanford Coyote Sports Center.
- Push on to move science center to fishing hub of New Bedford Updated: Apr-05-16 2:44 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The federal government is considering renovating one of the oldest and most influential marine science centers in the country, prompting some to lobby for the facility to relocate across the bay to New Bedford, the nation's commercial fishing hub.
- Small arts, culture groups in Colorado offered funding boost Updated: Apr-01-16 2:27 pm
DENVER - Colorado's largest cultural institutions are offering financial help to grassroots groups, uniting big and small arts organizations as they ask taxpayers to continue supporting a pioneering funding program.