- Senate passes $612 billion defense policy bill Updated: Jun-18-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Over White House objections, the Senate on Thursday passed a $612 billion defense policy bill that calls for arming Ukraine forces, prevents another round of base closures and makes it harder for President Barack Obama to close the prison for terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Federal court hears arguments over concealed weapons policy Updated: Jun-16-15 9:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - There is no evidence that crime goes up in places where concealed weapons permits are issued more freely, an attorney told a federal appeals court on Tuesday.
- Russia to add 40 new intercontinental missiles this year Updated: Jun-16-15 6:55 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's military will add over 40 new intercontinental ballistic missiles this year alone that are capable of piercing any missile defenses, President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday in a blunt reminder of the nation's nuclear might amid tensions with the West over Ukraine.
- Senate passes amendment to ban torture as US policy Updated: Jun-16-15 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday reaffirmed a ban against torturing detainees and moved ahead on a more than $600 billion defense policy bill that is entangled in a broader fight in Congress about caps on Pentagon and non-military spending.
- Gun rights activist challenging zoo's no-weapons policy Updated: Jun-16-15 5:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Zoo has won the fight for now in blocking a gun-rights activist from carrying a weapon on the site's grounds.
- Congress has gone loco over war-fighting account Updated: Jun-10-15 3:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress has gone loco over OCO, America's war-fighting spending account.