- Grand Teton park warns visitors about grizzly bear traps Updated: Jul-07-15 10:02 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - Grizzly bear trapping at Grand Teton National Park will continue through July 12 and officials are asking visitors to stay alert.
- Grizzly bear shatters barrier at Minnesota Zoo Updated: Jul-06-15 4:27 pm
APPLE VALLEY, Minnesota - A grizzly bear exhibit at the Minnesota Zoo is temporarily closed after one of the bears picked up a basketball-sized rock and shattered a barrier.
- 2 Miss men sentenced in death of Louisiana black bear Updated: Jul-05-15 8:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi taxidermist must pay $4,300 for hiding the skin of a threatened Louisiana black bear from investigators, and a man who helped take the bear to him must pay an equal amount.
- Poop-sniffing dogs work for wildlife researchers Updated: Jul-05-15 10:04 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Shelter dogs too intense or feisty to be adopted are helping wildlife scientists by doing what comes naturally - running through the woods and sniffing for the poop of other animals.
- Humane Society says Kentucky shouldn't expand bear hunt Updated: Jul-04-15 3:46 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Humane Society of the United States says Kentucky's bear population is still too small to allow for an expansion in hunting quotas.
- Rescued bear cub finds new home in Tucson facility Updated: Jul-04-15 6:17 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A bear cub who was saved nearly a year ago after a passer-by scooped it up along the side of a road in Payson has found a new home in Tucson.
- Federal report: Polar bears in peril due to global warming Updated: Jul-02-15 8:28 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Polar bears are at risk of dying off if humans don't reverse the trend of global warming, a blunt U.S. government report filed Thursday said.
- Manhattan new home to animal tooth lab Updated: Jul-02-15 5:06 am
MANHATTAN, Montana - There's a good chance that hundreds of bears, elk, caribou, raccoons and other animals are running around in the wild missing a tooth.
- Grizzly trapped near Pinedale, relocated to Yellowstone area Updated: Jul-01-15 11:25 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Wildlife officials have trapped and relocated a grizzly bear in an area north of Pinedale where another bear was killing cattle.
- 2 red panda cubs born at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo Updated: Jul-01-15 6:38 pm
CHICAGO - For the first time, red panda cubs have been born at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Grizzly euthanized after killing sheep near Lincoln Updated: Jun-30-15 3:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - State wildlife officials euthanized a 425-pound male grizzly bear after it killed domestic sheep near Lincoln for the second time in four years.
- Trap set for bear that's been breaking into Aspen homes Updated: Jun-29-15 8:56 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Wildlife officials are trying to catch a bear that's been breaking into homes in an Aspen neighborhood.
- Huntington police chief says killing bear was right decision Updated: Jun-29-15 2:07 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Huntington Police Chief Joe Ciccarelli says he doesn't plan on changing any protocols after officers killed a black bear that wandered into a city neighborhood.
- Ohio zoo brings back red pandas Updated: Jun-28-15 9:43 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Red pandas are back at the Toledo Zoo in northwest Ohio.
- Black bear crashes college party, gets collared Updated: Jun-27-15 4:03 pm
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - A college party got a little wild when a black bear showed up.
- Black bear bites man at campground near Aspen Updated: Jun-25-15 10:07 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Wildlife officials say an adult black bear scratched its way into a tent and bit a man on his forearm at a campground on the eastern end of Ruedi Reservoir near Aspen.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Jun-25-15 11:05 am
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- North Carolina Zoo to welcome second polar bear to exhibit Updated: Jun-25-15 8:32 am
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - The North Carolina Zoo will get a second resident for its 2.5-acre polar bear exhibit that opened last fall.
- Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear moving to North Carolina Updated: Jun-25-15 8:05 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear will be leaving the zoo for North Carolina.
- Wildlife commissioners approve bear hunting Updated: Jun-24-15 4:20 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - Florida wildlife officials on Wednesday approved a new bear hunting season in the state just a few years after it was removed from the state's threatened species list.
- China displays latest set of panda twins Updated: Jun-24-15 2:49 am
BEIJING - China has put on display the latest twin pandas born through artificial insemination as part of efforts to boost the numbers of its unofficial national mascot.
- Ohio puts more tigers, bears, exotic snakes under lockdown Updated: Jun-23-15 8:44 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio is again cracking down on exotic animals, telling owners who don't yet have permits for their tigers, snakes and other wild creatures to put them under quarantine until the state can decide whether they should be removed.
- Grizzly bears captured for study as feds consider delisting Updated: Jun-23-15 4:52 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Twenty-four grizzly bears have been captured so far this year in and around Yellowstone National Park as wildlife managers start another season of research toward a potential lifting of federal protections.
- Man doesn't want to trap ankle-biting bear near Aspen Updated: Jun-23-15 5:05 am
SNOWMASS, Colorado - A Snowmass man who last week found his ankle in the mouth of a black bear says he will not allow Colorado Parks and Wildlife to put a trap in his backyard.
- State, federal officials euthanize relocated Alaska bears Updated: Jun-22-15 9:01 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Four of five black bears spared euthanasia after tearing up garbage in Anchorage have come to an unhappy end at their relocated home.