- US officials: The more we learn about Zika, scarier it is Updated: Apr-11-16 4:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The more researchers learn about the Zika virus, the scarier it appears, federal health officials said Monday as they urged more money for mosquito control and to develop vaccines and treatments.
- Researchers: Newer type of ransomware is harbinger of danger Updated: Apr-11-16 9:02 am
WASHINGTON - An unusual strain of virus-like hacker software that exploits computer server vulnerabilities - without requiring human interaction - is a leading example of a new generation of "ransomware," according to a new report by Cisco Systems Inc.
- White House: $589M to go to fight Zika virus Updated: Apr-06-16 4:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal money left over from the largely successful fight against Ebola will now go to combating the growing threat of the Zika virus, the Obama administration announced Wednesday.
- Hawaii researchers focus on data to combat Zika virus Updated: Apr-05-16 4:38 am
HONOLULU - As the Zika outbreak takes hold in Latin America, researchers thousands of miles away in Hawaii are using data to figure out where it might spread next.
- Murphy to visit Zika virus researchers in Palm Beach Updated: Apr-03-16 3:01 am
JUPITER, Florida - Democratic Congressman Patrick Murphy will be visiting the Scripps Research Institute in Jupiter to meet with researchers combatting the Zika virus.