- Hawaii groups plant coconut trees, protest against Monsanto Updated: May-24-15 4:01 am
HONOLULU - Demonstrators planted coconut trees and waved signs in rallies across the Hawaiian Islands as part of an international day of protests against agriculture business Monsanto.
- USDA creates new government certification for GMO-free Updated: May-14-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Agriculture Department has developed a new government certification and labeling for foods that are free of genetically modified ingredients.
- Food world's 'mad scientist' Dufresne ponders next steps Updated: May-13-15 10:36 am
NEW YORK - If the sky had been the limit, Wylie Dufresne says, he'd have become a professional baseball player.
- SDSU offers new programs in precision ag, meat, food science Updated: May-10-15 10:15 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota State University is offering new programs to meet the demands of a changing food industry.
- University says county GMO measure could hamper research Updated: May-04-15 6:24 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University says a Benton County ballot measure that seeks to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops in the county could hurt GMO-related university research projects.